Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2 monthes with my Power Pliers

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
2 monthes with my Power Pliers
on: September 15, 2007, 03:21:58 PM
Ok I Had a very rough start to this tool If anyone remembers. The pivot pin in the plier head broke, and I had to get a replacement also for the Phillips head. I got to say that SOG really did take very good care of me, and made everything better with no hassle what so ever.

Now I had deligated this tool for the 2 monthes to be the only multi carried and I got to say that this is a winner. It has preformed way over my expectations, and has become my favorite tool. (sorry to my Surge)  I have carried it to work and found that the one hand openign is quick and I am not limited as much as I thought by having to open the tool to access the cutting blade. I have used it to cut many hoses, and about 30 feet of conveyer belting and have cut a ton of cardboard and only sharpend the blade 2 times. Which is very surprising because the steel really isnt a great steel however the serrations are fantastic and do not hang up too much.

Favorite part of the tool is the V Cutter. This thing is the Nuts!!! It has opend a ton of Mail and a butt load of those blister packs that everything seems to come in this day. I know that when it goes dull I will spring for the replacement cost and put a fresh one on the tool.

I have not modded the tool in any way but did looseten the blade pivot pins a scouch and this seemed to get rid of all the tool bunching, and seemed to get no blade wobble.

Ok I got to also state that the sheath is a real sheath. It is a quality leather and really is nice to have one today that is tough enough that I can crawl around my truck and not get it ripped off because the thing is made of a cheap nylon.

I have had no problems also with rust. Now this really never bothered me in the past, but it is refreshing not to have to dry the thing and rince in fresh water, after boating and fishing in the ocean. I really found that it to be able to handle any chore while offshore fishing and it comes back for more. I actually use the tools a lot when doing this. I cut bait, and use the tool to remove hooks so they do get salt on them constantly.

So maybee I got to look into a couple more of Sogs products.   
S

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Re: 2 monthes with my Power Pliers
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 03:56:07 PM
The V-cutter is a great tool isnt it.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:15:32 PM
Cool that it's working out so well for you Hawkchucker.

I just bought a PowerLock with V-cutter from 665ae a short while ago. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the v-cutter to be of much use. (Haven't tried it yet) Looks like I'd better give it a fair chance, eh
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 05:16:58 PM
It's great for opening packages of chips or jerky or peanuts etc.  Makes a nice lil cut across the top of the bag.  It's what I like to think of as a "Superbowl Tool!" :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:33:59 PM
People from up north watch the superbowl too? :)  I thought that you guys just watched hockey. :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:32:43 PM
I said "Superbowl" because I didn't want to point out how badly we mangle you guys in the Stanley Cup!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 10:09:05 PM
I said "Superbowl" because I didn't want to point out how badly we mangle you guys in the Stanley Cup!

Def

I'm insulted!! Our Canadians are every bit as good as your Canadians!  :angry:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 10:58:24 PM
Exactly my point...

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 01:39:07 AM
...I can see I'll get nowhere on this hockey debate, so back to the SOG....

I can't remember if you mentioned it earlier Hawkchucker, but does your PowerLock have the scissors tool?

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 03:20:20 AM
I'm glad everything worked out with SOG. 

I agree 100% about the REAL sheath.  It's not flashy; no bright lettering or logos, and it's nicely built.  The tool fits perfectly with no space for it to rattle around.  I can easily take the Powerlock out, use it, then put it back with one hand...try that with nylon!

I actually used my Powerlock a lot today installing a CB radio into my car.  I almost brought my Wave out, but it didn't have the all important awl which I used to start pilot holes for screws under the dash. ;D
[

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 03:31:30 AM
No scissors on this tool, and I really would not want to add them to this tool. I really love the v cutter a heck of a lot more than the scizzors ;D
S

Offline tomcrx

Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 02:39:37 AM

Def

Hey Hey now! A North American Team has won the past 13 years. Although you do have Don Cherry on Saturday Nights, so that makes it even :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 03:43:38 AM
I think a North American team has won the Stanley Cup every year since it's inception...

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 03:47:30 AM
Wow!! We North Americans must be really really good!   :cheers:  ;)

Offline tomcrx

Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:07:17 AM
I think a North American team has won the Stanley Cup every year since it's inception...

Def

Yikes your right. I meant US .... I forgot we had a neighbor for a second. :)

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 06:55:05 AM
Dont become too confident, the cup is coming to Pittsburgh again, and it is hapening this year.  By the way, the last time that Pittsburgh won the cup my friend got to drink from it.  His cousin was a trainer for the team.

Offline tomcrx

Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 08:00:03 AM
Dont become too confident, the cup is coming to Pittsburgh again, and it is hapening this year.  By the way, the last time that Pittsburgh won the cup my friend got to drink from it.  His cousin was a trainer for the team.

There is a long ride through Buffalo and Ottawa before that happens :) Is Crosby up for the ride?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 01:07:19 PM
Crosby's family is only a few miles from me- in fact on the same street as my in-laws, and he used to play street hockey with my brother in law.

US Teams... yeah right, populated by Canadian and Swedish players.  They are almost as American as all the Hondurans you have representing you in the World Series! :P

Def

Offline tomcrx

Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 06:36:55 PM
US Teams... yeah right, populated by Canadian and Swedish players.  They are almost as American as all the Hondurans you have representing you in the World Series! :P

Def

There is hope, U.S. players went 1st and 2nd in the draft this year.  ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%