Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alternative belt pouch for multitool

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Alternative belt pouch for multitool
on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:33 AM
I like to wear MT horizontal belt pouch than the original vertical pouch that comes with must MTs. Wearing it horizontally on my hip is less obstructing to my movements than wearing it vertically. 

Just to give you some ideas. You can easily find the perfect size pouch for your MT and you have choices of materials used, genuine leather, synthetic leather, nylon, etc. You also have choices of magnetic or belcro closure. A cell phone belt pouch!!!

My Wave MT has an added protection inside my cell phone pouch. First, I put it inside a thin transparent plastic cell phone case with plastic zipper before putting it inside the cell phone nylon pouch. Added benefits are… you preserve your original pouch, your precious MT is protected from moisture and dust. What other added benefits can you think of?

Edap     

* Pouch.jpg (Filesize: 4.35 KB)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:54:15 AM by edap617 »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Alternative belt pouch for multitool
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:05:56 AM
What other added benefits can you think of?

Edap     

Well for one thing it won't be immediatly obvious that you've got a knife on your person, which is good in this day and age :)

Good idea
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:25:52 AM
I like to wear MT horizontal belt pouch than the original vertical pouch that comes with must MTs. Wearing it horizontally on my hip is less obstructing to my movements than wearing it vertically. 

Just to give you some ideas. You can easily find the perfect size pouch for your MT and you have choices of materials used, genuine leather, synthetic leather, nylon, etc. You also have choices of magnetic or belcro closure. A cell phone belt pouch!!!

My Wave MT has an added protection inside my cell phone pouch. First, I put it inside a thin transparent plastic cell phone case with plastic zipper before putting it inside the cell phone nylon pouch. Added benefits are… you preserve your original pouch, your precious MT is protected from moisture and dust. What other added benefits can you think of?

Edap     

Here are some pictures of my alternative or substitute belt pouch for my EDC LM Wave.

Edap

* DSC00073.JPG (Filesize: 35.73 KB)

* DSC00074.JPG (Filesize: 36.68 KB)

* DSC00076.JPG (Filesize: 40.2 KB)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:21:09 PM
Looks good! I like the horizontal carry, and the way the entire top flap opens up for access. (I probably won't use the plastic liner though)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Splat

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 07:42:59 PM
That's sweet. I checked out a whole slew of tactical/military gear at a local sports shop. Everything was either too big or didn't have the secure metal belt-clip like Desantis uses http://tinyurl.com/2ayjyx   I just picked up my first Victorinox today, a Spirit. I won't even think about using a regular plastic clip in fear of losing the Spirit. Here's my Desantis belt clip on the Vic Spirit holster: http://tinyurl.com/ys4mdt . It's not perfect but it works and is very secure. I'm thinking of sewing  a leather piece onto the Spirit's holster to allow me to mount the clip for vertical or horizontal carry.
--
Splat
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 03:04:27 AM by Splat »
Splat

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68