Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multi-tool edc?

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Multi-tool edc?
on: August 24, 2006, 05:53:14 AM
Hey guys.  I'm pretty new here on Multi-tool.org, and I think this site friggin RULES!!!  I'm a big multi-tool fan.  I just like to always be prepared.  No, multis can't always do big jobs... heck, most can NEVER do BIG jobs, but for the normal, everyday situations one might be stuck in, I find nothing better to have then a multi-tool.  Now, my question is, does anyone here carry a multi-tool as an EDC?  An all around tool?  I know many people do and always have carried a knife of some kind, but does anyone here forego the knife and just use a multi-tool for ALL their needs everyday?

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Multi-tool edc?
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:24:04 AM
I carry my swisstool spirit as a EDC. And it serves all my needs well. I like my leatherman charge too because of the removable pocket clip.
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:35:58 AM
Just like my EDC knife, SAK, flashlight etc, my multitool edc changes almost daily depending on what's handy on the way out the door and what I feel like carrying.  I almost always opt for one with a sheath because I think full sized multis are too big for pocket carry and I don't have a Maxpedition bag anymore. 
The ones I carry most are the SwissTool, Spirit, Wave, Juice and Supertool but I have also been known to carry a variety of other Leathermans, SOGs, Wengers and occasionally a Gerber.
Oh, and thanks for the compliment- glad you like the site, but don't forget that we are all pretty new here too!  This site has been up less than a month so far!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline space cowboy

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 12:25:00 PM
I EDC the Original Leatherman. It gets the job done for me & it has a blade that cuts fairly good. It is not the Top Dog anymore though.

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 01:34:46 AM
Hey guys.  I'm pretty new here on Multi-tool.org, and I think this site friggin RULES!!!  I'm a big multi-tool fan.  I just like to always be prepared.  No, multis can't always do big jobs... heck, most can NEVER do BIG jobs, but for the normal, everyday situations one might be stuck in, I find nothing better to have then a multi-tool.  Now, my question is, does anyone here carry a multi-tool as an EDC?  An all around tool?  I know many people do and always have carried a knife of some kind, but does anyone here forego the knife and just use a multi-tool for ALL their needs everyday?

Welcome aboard. Where else can you discuss multitools in full.  I love this site. I'm a multitoolaholic

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 09:07:55 PM
I almost always carry a Sak or some other sort of knife to compliment my Multi-Tool that I choose that day...........today its my new Black Oxide Wave and a K500 Leatherman knife that I am carrying.

Kap
I

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 09:06:04 AM
I EDC a std Swisstool and at the moment a Swisschamp as well , between the two they cover everything I need , although a few of the tools are duplicated , but I reall need the magnifyer and tweezers and Im a first aider in a glass factory and those two items get a lot of use for locating and removing glass splinters , The pen gets alot of use to .

Dunc

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 12:26:31 PM
I EDC whatever I pull out of the drawer. today it was a Vic Compact...yesterday it was my LM Wave. It varies from day to day.

David

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 04:21:25 AM
I always carry a SwissTool Spirit as well as a variety of other SAKs.
T

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 09:51:19 PM
I EDC a variety of SAKs (among many other gadgets), but I only carry a multitool when doing maintenance around the house or camping.
- Terry

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 11:11:18 PM
I usually carry one in each size range=

big- Swisstool, PowerLock or SuperTool
medium- wave or Spirit
small- Crosscut or Micra

The big one is in my work bag or locker, the medium one is on my belt and the small one is in the watch pocket of my jeans
Yabba dabba doo!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD