Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kick EDC

joea · 9 · 2168

au Offline joea

Kick EDC
on: September 26, 2010, 08:58:14 AM
Hi to everyone,
                    I was just wondering how many people in the group carry a Leatherman Kick with the "clip" as their E.D.C?
I just put a clip on mine and it seems to ride well but maybe just a bit on the heavy side. I suppose I will get used to it. Just wondering what other peoples experiences were.  ??? Cheers, Joe.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Kick EDC
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:59:08 AM
I do carry a Kick, but not with a pocket clip I'm sorry to say.  I almost always use a belt pouch for any full sized multi, whether it's a PST, Supertool or anything in-between.  I do think however you'll quickly get used to it, gut give it a little time and I doubt you'll notice it's there.  I've started regularly carrying a 2xAA torch in my thigh cargo pocket, and while it felt odd at first it only took a few days for it to effectively "disappear".
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:00:56 AM
I never considered the Kick to be a heavy multitool.  In my experience, the clip held so loosely, I would not trust it for pocket carry. 
SAW

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:24:13 AM
I carry mine daily with the pocketclip. After beating the clip with a hammer to make it stop wobbling, it works fine for me..  :tu:

au Offline joea

Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 06:06:16 AM
Yeah. I could not buy one in Australia so I made one out of a piece of .032" stainless steel and I made sure it fitted snugly.  ;)

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 06:46:22 AM
When I carry a Kick it is usually with the clip. I`ve adjusted all my Kick clips so they work like their suppose to. I would like it better if the clip were on the plier end of the tool like the SideClip.    :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

au Offline joea

Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 08:00:37 AM
I've found the same thing. With the clip where it is, unless you carry it on the right hand side of your pocket it opens up. Wish I could fit a clip to the PST !

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 05:52:24 PM
I have carried a Kick with a clip in the past. I never had any issues with it but the Kick is light enough for me to pocket carry so I usually remove it. But I keep them handy in case I want to put it back on.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 06:01:40 PM
I carried a kick on a clip and found it ok weight wise as not too heavy, i tried my wave and it pulls my trousers down  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%