Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

So dating for the over 30's

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
So dating for the over 30's
on: September 22, 2007, 12:13:50 AM
Ok my son is going to school now and I'm hopefully going to find a job soon with more money :)

But where does a 30 something single dad go to meet women these days ???

Seriously I've asked my mate's and I've tried to suss out the score for myself, but all the women that fall into my age range of 26 to 36, (and no younger or older ideally as I dont want to cradle snatch or grave rob ;D) are proving bloody hard to find :(

Pub's and bars are fine for one nighters, same with clubs, but if you want something a bit serious (I'm not getting any younger) where the wotsit do you go?

I really don't want to go down the dating agency route, but that seem's like the only option open to people like me these days ::)

Serious and not serious comments welcome as this place has made me fairly thick skinned ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: So dating for the over 30's
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:23:33 AM
Take some night classes, sit near some Women, and bingo you've got a date.

Think about it;  They aren't out drinking in a club, they want to learn!  You get split up into study groups, and BAM, conversation.  You get a 15 minute break, BAM another conversation.  You "misplaced your notes" BAM another convo...

And even if you strike out nothing happens, you've got some class credits and some knowlege ;D
[

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 12:26:54 AM
Take some night classes, sit near some Women, and bingo you've got a date.

Think about it;  They aren't out drinking in a club, they want to learn!  You get split up into study groups, and BAM, conversation.  You get a 15 minute break, BAM another conversation.  You "misplaced your notes" BAM another convo...

And even if you strike out nothing happens, you've got some class credits and some knowlege ;D
You sir are a devious genious, that is a very definate possibility :cheers: :cheers:

thank's mate

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 12:29:35 AM
Make sure to take a Human Sexuality course :cheers:
[

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 12:33:49 AM
Make sure to take a Human Sexuality course :cheers:
I like the way your mind works mate >:D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 01:12:03 AM
Well since you aren't in Arkansas, you can rule out family gatherings! :P

Don't go looking- Relax, get out some and just take what comes.  Any hint of desperation will send them running

Lastly, continue to wear your wedding ring.  I have had many more opportunities since I got married than I ever did when I was single.  If they ask, say something about how you broke your finger or something and you can't get it off anymore.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 01:16:45 AM
Co-ed bowling league, co-ed softball league ..... ok, co-ed anything league. You have a chance to see them interacting with others in public and they can see you too so be on your best behavior. :) Hey, after the game, you may all go out for pizza and beer or something too, some possibilities there.

Or, maybe someone on the team has a friend. And maybe, just maybe your team mate invites them to a game and they show up to check you out.

Go Team!

Good luck,
Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 01:41:54 AM
Oh heck yeah- farm the kid out with every extra curricular activity you can.  Single mothers are always a tasty treat, and your boy gets to learn teamwork and all kinds of other important things he can use later in life...

Like where to find single mothers!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 03:10:20 AM
Oh heck yeah- farm the kid out with every extra curricular activity you can.  Single mothers are always a tasty treat, and your boy gets to learn teamwork and all kinds of other important things he can use later in life...

Def

LOL!! No, I meant for mickyd to join these co-ed leagues (adult leagues) so he could meet potential dates not his kid.

Mike

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 03:22:30 AM
That's no fun... then he'd actually have to do stuff!  Isn't that why you get your kids to join these teams?  So they grow up strong and healthy enough to mow your lawn, do the dishes, walk the dog etc so you can sit on your fanny?

Def

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 03:54:46 AM
I'm married (nearly 17 years) with no kids so I get to do all that "fun" stuff myself. Although it does provide some entertainment value for my wife when I do some of this stuff. As for mickyd, well ..... good luck! LOL!!!

Mike

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 03:58:14 AM
Just remember that when you are in the 30's, the men hold all the cards, not the women.  It's a very good time to be single.

I just wish I'd had the sense to wait...  :twak:

Def

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 07:55:22 AM
Ok my son is going to school now and I'm hopefully going to find a job soon with more money :)

Seriously I've asked my mate's and I've tried to suss out the score for myself, but all the women that fall into my age range of 26 to 36, (and no younger or older ideally as I dont want to cradle snatch or grave rob ;D) are proving bloody hard to find :(

Pub's and bars are fine for one nighters, same with clubs, but if you want something a bit serious (I'm not getting any younger) where the wotsit do you go?

I really don't want to go down the dating agency route, but that seem's like the only option open to people like me these days ::)

Serious and not serious comments welcome as this place has made me fairly thick skinned ;D

I'll try to give a serious answer since I was in the same situation. 

I honestly think your best bet for finding a serious relationship isn't your mate's... but your mate's girlfriends or wives.  They know you, and if they like you and think you're a good guy and father, they'll mention you to friends and co-workers that are single/divorced.  (that's how I met my fiance)

You can try the dating websites (I think I tried them all), but be warned that there are some seriously weird women on there (which isn't always a bad thing).  I got a few dates off of different sites, and only a few of them were psychotic :)  It was a hell of a lot of fun though and some of the dates make for good stories... >:D 

Or... if you do get a new job making lots of money and you want to move to the States... you can try http://marryourdaughter.biz/
 (make sure you read the testimonials!!!!)
 >:D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:57:38 AM by 665ae »
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 09:05:11 AM
Don't go looking- Relax, get out some and just take what comes.  Any hint of desperation will send them running
Hey we both know how cool and sauve I am :)

Like you whenever I'm with someone, I do get asked out, I'll have to invest in a ring ::)

Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 09:06:51 AM
Co-ed bowling league, co-ed softball league ..... ok, co-ed anything league. You have a chance to see them interacting with others in public and they can see you too so be on your best behavior. :) Hey, after the game, you may all go out for pizza and beer or something too, some possibilities there.

Or, maybe someone on the team has a friend. And maybe, just maybe your team mate invites them to a game and they show up to check you out.

Go Team!

Good luck,
Mike
I did think about joining a cycling club, but then you run the risk of getting a girlfriend who is impossible to wear out :o which is great (at first ;D)

Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 09:08:44 AM

Def
My son helped me on out on holiday with a couple of yummy mummies, and but for the fact they lived the otherside of the country we wouldn't be having this disscution ;)

Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 09:21:11 AM

I'll try to give a serious answer since I was in the same situation. 

I honestly think your best bet for finding a serious relationship isn't your mate's... but your mate's girlfriends or wives.  They know you, and if they like you and think you're a good guy and father, they'll mention you to friends and co-workers that are single/divorced.  (that's how I met my fiance)

You can try the dating websites (I think I tried them all), but be warned that there are some seriously weird women on there (which isn't always a bad thing).  I got a few dates off of different sites, and only a few of them were psychotic :)  It was a hell of a lot of fun though and some of the dates make for good stories... >:D 

Or... if you do get a new job making lots of money and you want to move to the States... you can try http://marryourdaughter.biz/
 (make sure you read the testimonials!!!!)
 >:D
About 60% of my friends are women (I like being the centre of attention ;D) But where there generally either quite a bit older or younger, the advice I've got from them isnt really all that useful :-\

Having said that they did try to set me up with a 21 year old recently, But there's no way I could go out with someone that young, not while they still have all there hopes and dreams intact ;D

For my sins I did join a dating agency about 18 months ago, and got completely inundated by very strange head case women :o, which used to be what I go for (I'm really drawn to damaged women ::)).

Anyway I eventually went out with this very nice 26 year old who even lived in the same town as me, but before we'd even got through dinner, she was telling me how great it would be if me and my boy, and her and her son, all moved in together :o

I didnt see her again ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44