Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Paper wheels......

us Offline Splat

Paper wheels......
on: October 09, 2010, 03:21:21 AM
Paper wheels guys, paper wheels! I scoffed at them, didn't want to believe, thought all the paper wheels-devotees were liars or had a piece of the profits, you know  >:D ....  After doing about 20 knives on them over about 1.5months I will admit something. They really are that good. What used to take me about 30-40 minutes using the EP now takes me roughly 5 to 10minutes, at most.  All in all, I don't think I now lament buying the Edgepro, but it's been sitting unused on a shelf since I got the wheels. It was a progressive learning experience for me.

I don't know if I'd consider the paper wheels as a step-up from the EP. Unless you've got a jig for the wheels I can't see getting the repetitive angles you can get using the EP. For purists that may be a turn-off, but I can still get hair-whittling edges. You need a cheap 8" bench grinder and the wheels and you're good to go. I got my wheels from Woodcraft.  More info and dealers can be found here http://www.sharpeningwheels.com/   If you're looking for your next knife-related fix, want to reduce your sharpening time(s), or want to try another sharpening method because your current results just aren't cutting it  :P  then try the wheels. :cheers: (disclaimer: I get no remuneration of any kind for this post)
Splat

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Re: Paper wheels......
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 04:16:10 AM
Interesting, thanks for posting it when I have more time I will look into these.  :tu:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 08:34:10 AM
Kwaksters Sharpening with Paper Wheels Thread..  :tu: :tu:

us Offline Splat

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 05:40:17 PM
Which I didn't catch, but I just posted in it. Thanks.
Splat

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD