Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

e-Cigarettes

DaveK · 63 · 10287

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Re: e-Cigarettes
Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
I have seen one but apparently its not the greatest device on the market.  Its a pretty young market and there is still plenty of room for innovation.

Talking oddball, I heard someone modded one of these into a vaporiser  :rofl:

(Image removed from quote.)

It is true, and I have experienced it.

It was .... errr .... different, but worked surprisingly well :)

I used to come here a lot.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 11:28:58 PM
I don't smoke or vape...but...just wondering if they make any of these e-cigs that look like pipes?  Maybe they'd really get popular if everyone could get an urbane Bob Dobbs look about them instead of looking like you're sucking on a ballpoint pen or crazy flashlight-bong-thing.

You can get e-cigs that look like pipes, cigars, cigarettes or like they've simply been built for the purpose.

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-229.html

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 11:35:37 PM
funnily enough i got drunk last night and tried a cigar eurrgh smoking is not for me i nearly died haha
I

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 03:57:51 PM
I found the picture I was looking for  :P

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 04:07:54 PM
You see what working in a lab does to ya?  :o
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
e-Cigarettes
Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:47 AM
Lol. I believe the guy in the mask is the founder of Decadent Vapours, the eLiquid company.

us Offline MedusaOblongata

Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 07:03:32 AM
I can add my experience with ecigs. I was a full time, dedicated cigarette smoker. A pack a day of Marlboro Reds, for 16 years, and I loved every god damn one of those cigarettes. I never tried to quit, and I laughed at those smokers who tried to quit every other month, and those who pretended to think smoking was bad or whatever. I put my cigarettes out on "no smoking" signs, and deliberately blew smoke in the faces of people who fake coughed at smokers.

Anyway, so as a smoker who loves smoking, and had no desire to quit, I originally read about ecigs from a thread on AR15.com. They looked interesting so I did some research and decided to try them, so, possibly, I could smoke those too. I got a starter kit, came up with an EDC ecig management system (which is easy enough to do), and started vaping. I kept a pack of real cigarettes and a lighter in my pocket the whole time, so I could always smoke if I wanted to (this was important to me). From the first day, I just smoked the ecig, and stopped smoking cigarettes (which you don't have to do, I just did it to try it). I had no problem not smoking cigarettes, and just smoking the ecig. Got my nic fix, got my oral/manual fixation handled, got my behavioral addiction sated.

Some things I liked about it were that I could do it indoors wherever I was: movie theaters, grocery stores, non-smoking people's houses, etc. Not only did no one mind, but if I cupped it in my hand, no one even knew. No smell of cigarettes. No more having to go outside in the cold or the rain. I could just take a hit or two, and then put my "cigarette" down on my desk or into my pocket, and neither be committed to smoking an entire cigarette, nor have to waste any. Great party trick if you hang out with other smokers (they're all very curious). Substantially cheaper than cigarettes.

After about 3 months, though, I kinda got tired of it and just put it down, and didn't pick it up again. I gave it to my brother in law, who promptly broke it. But that $100 starter kit (with 30ml of juice) would have lasted me about 6 months.

That was over a year ago. I'll still smoke a cigarette when I hang out with a smoker, which is probably once a month. Other than that I'm smoke free and don't mind it a bit.

Oh, and I didn't see anyone above link the forum:  http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

I recommend giving it a try, even if it's only to get something additional to smoke.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #37 on: December 14, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
Resurrecting this old topic (yes yes, I'm quite apt in the dark arts of threadnomancy :D) because I just ordered my e-cig setup yesterday, looking forward to get rid of "analog" cigarettes soon :D

Will be posting my experiences here as soon as the stuff arrives (and it is quite a lot of stuff :rofl:)

If you are using an e-cig, post your thoughts here :tu:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

gb Offline Farmman

Reply #38 on: December 14, 2013, 01:08:25 PM
Been using one for about 8 months and not missing cigs at all.  It is a lot easier to do now certainly in my city as dedicated shops have opened all over the place which has cut down on the amount of planning needed.  Also lots of people have transfered to them so you don't get so many strange looks.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

us Offline Jailbird

Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 03:18:45 PM
I just started vapeing to get off analogs. Haven't had a cig in 14 days. I started with 1.2% nicotine, dropped to 0.6% a few days later, and am now on 0% nic. I don't think I'm really having the nicotine urges anymore, just the mental stuff now. After a ton of research, vapeing can become a serious hobby. I've already spent a decent amount of cash on mods. Also, don't buy a big bottle of juice just because you think you'll like the flavor. Buy small bottles to try. If you like sweet flavors, Mr Good Vape has some of the best. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 07:47:26 PM
OK, the e-cig setup arrived today, and since a workmate gave me some e-juice samplers, I got my first vapes...

First thoughts:

It's different, definitely, but so far I like it, in fact at one point I thought to smoke a regular cig, but took few vapes instead and the craving went away :) quite promising I'd say

As for the flavors, I'm currently waiting for 7 10ml bottles of different flavors from eCigWizard and Peleon.pl
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:49:51 PM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 04:38:54 PM
Haven't really seen much information about these (haven't look very hard). I recently heard they had some bad effects but probably not as much as "real" tobbaco. I just think the advertising on them is too much "these are completelly risk free and good for you" and the truth is a bit different.
 :-\

As for smoking or not, I used to and stoped. I don't think I would consider this as an alternative. If I got back to smoking it would be with "real" tobbaco. Nothing against people who use these and like it. It's just not for me.
 8)

"Whatever you do, do it right!"

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline campussecurity

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 06:29:50 AM
E-cigs got me off cigarettes after 4 years of a pack a day. I'm completely free of nicotine now. There good if you want to get off the real thing or just a substitute. I won't lie, I buy the disposable one's when I'm working long hours for that nicotine kick but I'm not addicted anymore. I had one of the $300 kits for awhile.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #43 on: December 19, 2013, 12:48:54 PM
My wife got one a few months back, and she uses liquids with nicotine. She still smokes regular cigarettes but has reduced dramatically how much she smokes a day.

Now it seems the Spanish Government has seen the potential money trail and are thinking of taxing them like regular cigarettes. Also there was a report about them not being any better for health than normal cigarettes. I don't smoke at all but it seems like scaremongering to drive people back to the ones they already tax heavily, and are fearing the sudden drop of income if this replaces conventional smoking as the norm.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #44 on: December 19, 2013, 01:10:46 PM
The point is not whether they are healthy but whether they are healthier than regular cigarettes.

I heard many people (doctors, chemists etc.) say they are not considered safe (ofcourse). Ideally people should not smoke anything but if for some reason they want to or, in reallity, need to, then these seem at least a bit healthier.

The main issue seems to be the tax loss from cigarettes. I think they will be taxed (going through the EU Parliament now) but there is a need to first describe them; are they health foods, tobacco?? something like alcohol. Are they addictive?

The main downside/danger, as I see it is that if they are considerd safer then they may actually encourage new people to start smoking them and then move to regular cigarettes. (A point made by the BMA too)

EU Parliamanet:[i] "As proposed by MEPs, e-cigarettes should be regulated either as medicinal products, if they are presented as having curative or preventive properties, or alternatively as tobacco products.. In the latter case, they should not contain nicotine in a concentration of more than 20 mg/ml. Refillable cartridges would be allowed, albeit with a clause enabling the Commission to extend the ban if such cartridges are prohibited in at least three member states.

A single cartridge should contain the equivalent in nicotine of a pack of cigarettes. Electronic cigarettes should be childproof and should carry health warnings. They would be subject to the same advertising restrictions as tobacco products."[/i]
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20131216IPR31001/html/Tobacco-directive-MEPs-reach-agreement-with-Council-of-Ministers
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #45 on: December 19, 2013, 01:24:32 PM
They'll leave it alone for a while, until people get "hooked". Then they'll start taxing it as tobacco similar product...

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #46 on: January 11, 2014, 01:01:16 PM
As I have now been using the e-cig for almost a month, I've pretty much halved the regular cigarette use so far... I think for me its just finding the RIGHT e-liquid that will get me off the regulars completely :)
"Hoarder of weirdness,

es Offline Sparkydave

Reply #47 on: January 23, 2014, 01:50:57 PM
I think I should givbe these a go, I only smoke about 10 a day but still these look to be nifty

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 02:06:55 PM
I vape for 2.5 years now. Simple e-cigs (no mods) but I make the liquids myself. Currently I make 0.8, 0.4 and 0% liquids and use the 0.4 mostly. I work in substitution treatment for 15 years now and my field is addictology. As such, I find e-cig an almost perfect solution. Harm reduction seems to be way greater than that from heroin to methadone or buprenorphine or from alcohol to diazepam.

HenrySavoie

Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 12:23:36 PM
I don't smoke or vape...but...just wondering if they make any of these e cigarettes that look like pipes?  Maybe they'd really get popular if everyone could get an urbane Bob Dobbs look about them instead of looking like you're sucking on a ballpoint pen or crazy flashlight-bong-thing.

These cigs have become popular as they have turned out to be the best alternative to analog smoking..I have used them for sometime was able to quit smoking..

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 03:57:22 AM
I like the idea of a pipe as well.  Just feel about 50 years too young.  :D

I also like the pipe.

interesting stuff.

I really should look into a safer smoke.
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 07:18:37 AM
While out today I saw a e-cig store called "just the tip."  :rofl:
I'm the milk man!

HenrySavoie

Reply #52 on: June 26, 2014, 08:48:16 AM
I don't smoke or vape...but...just wondering if they make any of these e cigarettes that look like pipes?  Maybe they'd really get popular if everyone could get an urbane Bob Dobbs look about them instead of looking like you're sucking on a ballpoint pen or crazy flashlight-bong-thing.

These cigs have become popular as they have turned out to be the best alternative to analog smoking..I have used them for sometime was able to quit smoking..
What guys you think about ecig

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #53 on: August 16, 2014, 02:50:40 PM
Here's some update, since i haven't posted to this thread for a long time... Been completely tobacco free since february, and now starting to mix my own e-liquids

If any of you has questions about vaping, I would be glad to provide info  :)
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #54 on: August 16, 2014, 02:54:49 PM
Cool!  Glad it is working out for you. My wife switch to this about 6 months ago. She has started to do the mixing thing.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #55 on: August 16, 2014, 03:14:38 PM
Here's my current arsenal   ;) On the left my latest, Innokin iTaste VTR, and on the right my trusty old Vamo v3.

Both are very nice VV/VW (Variable Voltage/Variable Wattage) devices, very easy to use

As for the actual atomizers, I've been mostly using cartotanks until very recently and now moving towards clearomizers (ie. Kanger Protank & Innokin iClear 30s)  just because of the ease of use. Not really interested in the rebuildable atomizers because of all the hassle involved...
VTR_Vamo.jpg
* VTR_Vamo.jpg (Filesize: 176.95 KB)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:22:41 PM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #56 on: August 16, 2014, 06:31:15 PM
Very nice! I will have to see what she has got. I know she has a couple of them.

That's us mobile.

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 06:18:40 AM
This is a very dangerous thread for me.

I stopped smoking many, many years ago. And with all the smurf in my life over the past couple months, I've wanted a smoke so bad it has hurt. So I am very, very tempted by these things
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 06:18:02 PM
Tested the e-liquid made from Jugo Diablo Extreme One concentrate by My Juice by Copsa... Damn, I'm in love, about the best e-liquid I've ever tried so far =)

19% mix with 14.4mg/ml 50/50 PG/VG base resulting in the range of 11.7mg/ml

PS: Yes, there is some math involved :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:28:18 PM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: September 21, 2014, 06:13:38 AM
I chew snuff and smoke cigars my nephew smokes  E cigs. I tried his e cig and liked it. I bought a Vapor Dab Hi Five kit and I don't miss chew or cigars at all. Right now I am enjoying Piña Colada e-juice #18 NIC.

Mike
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 297.24 KB)
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD