Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A thread for the smoker

Benner · 147 · 10685

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: A thread for the smoker
Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 04:26:36 PM
Filter tips make all the difference as it stops you taking a drag and ending up with the lot in your mouth.  :D  It also makes the flow easier so it makes it easier to smoke.

Rollers like I use make them pretty loose as well which makes all the difference.
I'm back!!

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 05:00:00 PM
Is that something else I need to look for at the car boots then Ben? :D

...and Vesta boxes please! :pok:  :D

england Offline Hull_ n_Back

Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 05:04:49 PM
Golden Virginia, green papers (Rizla normally) and filters for me. Benner, totally agree, the filters make all the difference.

Used to smoke Marlboro Lights (or Gold, whatever!) but just couldn't justify the price. If I'm on a night out (very rare nowadays with 3 kids to fund) I'll still buy a pack, it's just too much hassle to roll-up. Plus you end up looking a bit 'cheap'.

I'm waiting to hit the right age for a pipe, all that scraping and poking looks like fun!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 05:14:10 PM
Plus you end up looking a bit 'cheap'.

Ben doesn't need to smoke roll-ups to project that image mate - have you seen the length of his skirt  :ahhh
I used to come here a lot.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 05:16:11 PM
 ;)
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 05:23:28 PM
I always found golden virginia to be too damp for me.
I'm back!!

england Offline Hull_ n_Back

Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 06:03:39 PM
You're not the only one who thinks that, I've heard a few people say the same. It's my personal preference though, I've tried Drum and it seemed to affect me in some weird way. I'd end up getting cold-like symptoms. Mind you, that could've been due to the dodgy sources I got it from...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:27 PM
Getting the tension just right is what makes a roll-up so satisfying IMO.  Too tight and you look like you're trying to suck up a McDonald's milkshake, too loose and you end up with all the tobacco falling out and the paper all but exploding up your nose. :D

I hand rolled mine and never particularly got into filter tips.  Yes you occasionally got a few strands in your mouth but it never really bothered me.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 11:44:03 PM
i always thought the filters were there so you didnt breathe in as many chemicals tar etc?
I

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 11:45:54 PM
i always thought the filters were there so you didnt breathe in as many chemicals tar etc?

That too. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline grimm_kaosboy

Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 04:04:01 AM
I dip as my nicotine intake of choice. However as of late I've taken up smoking a pipe and love it. Brings back to mind of my grandfather and his pipes. Right now I have a 15" churchwarden and want to get a regular length one for smoking away from the house. I keep my tobacco in a leather pouch, specially lined for it. To the horror of pipe smoking snobs everywhere I use my zippo to light it instead of a match, the perfered method of lighting a pipe by true pipe afficinados.
T

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 06:51:51 AM
Been smoking for 10 years now, tried quitting a few times didn't work so stuck to the bad habit. Marlboro Red is my brand and they go for $12 a pack in NYC :o, I tend to get them cheaper through friends traveling, and use a simple Bic lighter to light up :cheers:

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: October 19, 2010, 08:44:00 AM
Nice thread...

I have strated my smoking career when I was about 16, started with Marlboro soft pack (it was then produced by Sarajevo Tobacco Co and it was the best Marlboro I have ever smoked). Later on, during the "dark decade" in the 90's due to the sanctions we had it was hard to get good cigarettes (imported ones) and everything was on the black market. Back then monthly pay check was arround 2-3 Deutsch Mark (now days it would be like 2-3 eur), and pack of cigaretes were arround 1,5DM, 1lit of petrol was arround 3-5DM, and.... Brrrrrrr... I just refuse to recall this days!! Back then I was involved in black market, smuggling petrol from Hungary or Romania, and could afford myself good smoke and decent life. Never the less I used to smoke SKIJA, that is a type of locally grown tobacco in Hercegovina, Montenegro and Albania, rolled in plane paper (for smoking but not Rizla or brand like that), and it was the best when it was hand cutted  :tu:. At last when things calmed down here after Y2K I switch back on imported cigarettes, and after PM, JTI and BAT bought local factories they started to be local. I carried on with Marlboro (they should give me medal  :D )

I quit smoking in 2008, but started again few months ago again with Marlboro, but find it to be a bit "hot" for my taste. Currently i smoke Dunhill Blue.

I have one more habbit... I love good Cigars occasionally. Cohiba, Romeo y Juliet, Montecristo... It is my practice when ever I go somewhere abroad, ither for business or pleasure (London, Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Romania....) on the last evening of my visit I buy a good cigar, sit down, take a local representative drink (or good strong espresso), and enjoy the moment... Just chill!!

In Turkey I have tryed their water pipe with apple scented tobacco and caj (very strong tea served in small cofee like glass cups)... I suggest it for anyone to try...

Now I'm contemplating on switching to pipe....

Some interesting facts:
 - This year Serbian government voted for law against smoking in public places. Till now it was allowed to smoke anywhere.
 - Dunhill is almost the most expencive cigarettes in Serbia and they cost arround 1,6eur per pack
IMG_0513.JPG
* IMG_0513.JPG (Filesize: 110.05 KB)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 01:18:55 PM
If there was a miracle tablet that was available that meant you were cured of your addiction to nicotine - would you take one?

*loaded question*

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 01:39:01 PM
If it was that easy to quit, no one would.  If there was a pill that could stop you any time you wanted, you could just take it on the rare occasions when it would be difficult to smoke, like long plane trips, then pick it up again on the other end.

Just like if there was a pill that lowered your cholesterol and made you drop 20 pounds over night, I'd probably eat at McDonalds a lot more!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: October 22, 2010, 02:00:49 PM
If there was a miracle tablet that was available that meant you were cured of your addiction to nicotine - would you take one?

*loaded question*

As I said, I enjoy doing it so no pill will take away my enjoyment from it.

And anyway, read my first post  :pok: :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #46 on: October 22, 2010, 02:03:59 PM
Good point Grant!

OK, I am a long term smoker who has mostly kicked it but still love it. I like this thread BTW  :tu:

I started when I was about 11 at school when you could buy singles from the unscrupulous corner shop at 7p each. I think I mostly smoked JPS when I first bought packs because they were black!
A couple of years after that I settled on Silk Cut as a regular and I think I remember promising myself I would quit when they reached £2 a pack.... oh how we laughed  :rofl:

I prefer rollies over taylors really but as I only smoke about a pack a month now the stuff would probably dry out too much to be worth it. I do however like smoking Ben's rollies at meet ups as he makes them very nicely indeed :D Tobacco wise, I really like the Golden Virginia mild stuff - yellow packet I think. I prefer mild ones and Drum is OK. I have a small rubber lined rolling pouch which I would throw enough for a day in with a few filters and a pack of Green Rizla on the outside.
I but Marlboro extra lights for about £6,20 at the moment at the local supermarket usually. I will however smoke almost anything when I'm drunk but this is around twice a year so my lungs get a chance to stop being angry about it.

I love lighters and have collected them on and off for years. Prefer petrol for every day use and butane for storage. Love the smell of petrol and like the feel of Zippos. My favourite EDC one is a rock solid old IMCO I have had for at least 20 years and looks brand new. I also carry a very small Colibri gas one which is the best back up lighter I could ask for.... pics will follow....

Nice to see the smokers out of the closet  :cheers:
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: October 22, 2010, 02:12:44 PM
I like lighters, even though I don't smoke.  All "inner pyromaniac" jokes aside, I like to carry one, since it appears that smokers in my area at least seem to forget that they need some method of fire making to smoke, and as a result, you see more people asking around if anyone has a light, than actually smoking!  So, as a public service at my bar, I carry a lighter.

I like my Zippo- it's simple and effective, but as a non smoker, I hate that I have to refill it every few days.  I also find that when I carry it in the watch pocket of a pair of jeans that I get a nasty rash on my thigh, so I generally don't carry them anymore.  I like butane jet flames, but I always tend to burn them out within a week or two, and they are too much money to waste like that.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #48 on: October 22, 2010, 02:41:41 PM

*loaded question*

As I said, I enjoy doing it so no pill will take away my enjoyment from it.

And anyway, read my first post  :pok: :D

OK, just remember ex-smokers can see both sides. :tu:

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: October 22, 2010, 02:44:23 PM
If it was that easy to quit, no one would.  If there was a pill that could stop you any time you wanted, you could just take it on the rare occasions when it would be difficult to smoke, like long plane trips, then pick it up again on the other end.

Just like if there was a pill that lowered your cholesterol and made you drop 20 pounds over night, I'd probably eat at McDonalds a lot more!

Def

Ohhhhhh mammma!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: October 22, 2010, 02:48:02 PM
OK, lighter pics over here: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,23664.0.html

Burn baby burn  >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 02:48:30 PM

*loaded question*

Here's a real loaded question for you... do you think there would be nearly as many potheads in the world if the only effective way to enjoy the benefits were with a suppository instead of smoking it?   :ahhh

Def

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: October 22, 2010, 03:02:25 PM

Def

Ohhhhhh mammma!!

For cholesterol there is simvastatin  ;) 

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #53 on: October 22, 2010, 03:25:06 PM

*loaded question*

Here's a real loaded question for you... do you think there would be nearly as many potheads in the world if the only effective way to enjoy the benefits were with a suppository instead of smoking it?   :ahhh

Def

:rofl:

You be surprised what people do for a buzz! But no, I suspect less people would indulge if that was the only effective means of delivery  :D

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #54 on: October 22, 2010, 10:16:37 PM

*loaded question*

Def

I wouldn't be eager for seconds  :rofl:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #55 on: October 22, 2010, 11:13:53 PM
i've always loved the smell of pipe tobaccy...

i'd smoke it in a churchwarden

:like:    :MTO:

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 02:24:59 PM
Here's a real loaded question for you... do you think there would be nearly as many potheads in the world if the only effective way to enjoy the benefits were with a suppository instead of smoking it?
It'd be pretty awkward sharing it with your friends.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Lasse Eskildsen

Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 03:02:56 PM
I do snus and nasal snuff. Can I join?  ???

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 03:03:46 PM
Just keep the suppositiories to yourself.  :pok: :pok:
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 01:44:50 AM
I do snus and nasal snuff. Can I join?  ???

If it ain't good for ya and it leaves you with manky breath, welcome  :cheers: :D
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD