Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Assisted Opening........Beer....

Offline MacTech

The Assisted Opening........Beer....
on: September 25, 2007, 03:53:56 AM
First off, I'm not a big beer drinker, I'll occasionally drink one at home after a hard day at work, late into the night when I *KNOW* I won't have to go out driving

generally, most beer tastes like pond scum to me, but I've actually found one that I like *and* that has an "Assisted Opening" system, no bottle opener needed

it's the Grolsch Swingtop, simply pop the bail to unlock the ceramic cap, and about 10 seconds later, *POP!*, the Carbon Dioxide gas built up inside the bottle pushes the rubber-bunged ceramic cap off the bottle and it swings down on it's wire bail to rest at the side of the bottle....

Voila! an assisted opening beer bottle

the beer's pretty good too....

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Re: The Assisted Opening........Beer....
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 05:18:53 AM
Grolsch beer is great.  If you do not like beer try hard cider.  It is much smoother than beer without that "hoppy" taste.  Watch it though, it goes down great but it will give you a "wine hangover" because of all of the phosphates.   

Other beers to try:

Heffevisen, kind of "citrus" taste.

Belgian strong ale, if you can find one anywhere it is definately worth a shot.  Sweet in comparisin to other beers but at 10% or greater alcohol content it can hurt you in a hurry.

Rogue dead guy ale.  The name does not apply, it is great.

Youngs double chocolate stout,  Full bodied stout with a chocolate aftertaste.

If you have any questions let me know.  If they have it here in the USA I have drank it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%