Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Halo 3

CQC-7 · 14 · 1927

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Halo 3
on: September 25, 2007, 05:23:43 AM
Is anyone here a fan of the X-box game Halo 3.  It makes its debut here in about a half hour Midnight Eastern U.S. time.  I am going to get my pre-reserved copy at midnight.  Anyone else out there going to get theirs as well.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Halo 3
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:15:49 PM
I think the last console I owned was the original Nintendo system- I still have such classics as Duck Hunt, Mario Brothers and Bionic Commando, but nowadays I stick to computer gaming.  Although I am not above running the odd emulator software here and there!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 01:19:53 PM
I think the last console I owned was the original Nintendo system- I still have such classics as Duck Hunt, Mario Brothers and Bionic Commando, but nowadays I stick to computer gaming.  Although I am not above running the odd emulator software here and there!

Def
Naughty boy ;D

As for Halo 3 I'll wait until it gets ported to pc, as the xbox 360 is far to sodding expensive and unrelaible for my taste or pocket ::)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:38:33 PM
I've always had trouble playing FPS games on console systems.  I'm much more comfortable with using a computer keyboard than a controller...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 07:45:29 PM
I agree with you there...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Mike

• No Life Club
  • Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:51 PM
Anything much beyond pinball or pong and I'm way out of my league.

Mike
Common sense ..... so rare, it's virtually a super power.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 02:54:28 AM
I have noticed that most people use their computer as a gaming machine rather than buying a totally different console.  Playing it gets me through the winter months.  There is nothing else to do between work and NHL hockey games during the cold months here. :)   

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 04:26:12 AM
I recently DLed the Battlefield 2 demo and it's great...so gerat I bought the full version with the expansion off of ebay for $17.

It's the most in depth squad based game I've ever seen, and the maps are huge.
[

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 04:54:26 AM
I have nto played that one yet.  Have you ever played Mideval Crusader?  Not a bad strategy game.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:36:52 AM
I recently DLed the Battlefield 2 demo and it's great...so gerat I bought the full version with the expansion off of ebay for $17.

It's the most in depth squad based game I've ever seen, and the maps are huge.

Did you ever play Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield Vietnam?  I've got all of them and they are all great games. 
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 03:16:06 PM
I have BF 1942 and the expansion, but I never got really into it...it seemed kind of hollow; I didn't get the feeling that I was there like with BF2.

Next step after I get BF2 in the mail is to get a joystick and fly those jets and copters!  Any reccomendations on a joystick?
[

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 03:54:29 PM
I use an old Saitek Cyborg 3D.  The newer Saitek sticks are supposed to be good.  Just make sure the on you get has easily programmable buttons, a throttle slider, and a POV (point of view) hat.  The more buttons the better for BF2.  You'll want to program in enter/exit button, a parachute button, camera angle buttons, primary and secondary weapons, and anything else you think you might need :) 

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 12:45:03 AM
I have a Logitech Wingman or something like that.  I bought it when playing Crimson Skies and used it a bunch for that, but I haven't seen it in a while so it's anyone's guess whether or not I still have it...

Def

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 02:07:37 AM
I dont use joysticks much.  I am not into the flying games anymore.  By the way, Halo 3 is great.  Possibly the best issue of Halo yet.  I just hope that it is as long or longer than the last edition.  I dont want to get borred too soon. :)  By then NHL 2008 will be available and that takes a while to play a season.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%