Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone play Worms 2?

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Anyone play Worms 2?
on: September 24, 2007, 02:34:10 AM
Just a random shot in the dark, but does anyone here like the game Worms 2? I loved it back in my high school days, and just pulled it out and remembered how much fun it is. What can make you smile like blowing up a worm with a banana or sending your oponent skipping across the water with a baseball bat? :D If anyone has it and wants to play a round with me, I'd be up for it sometime...

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, and care to find out:
http://www.worms2.com/

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Anyone play Worms 2?
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:48:31 AM
Just a random shot in the dark, but does anyone here like the game Worms 2? I loved it back in my high school days, and just pulled it out and remembered how much fun it is. What can make you smile like blowing up a worm with a banana or sending your oponent skipping across the water with a baseball bat? :D If anyone has it and wants to play a round with me, I'd be up for it sometime...

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, and care to find out:
http://www.worms2.com/
Never played 2, but worm's is a cracking game, It's just garenteed to make you grin like an idiot within seconds ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:11:27 PM
I have played 2 and armegedon, I think I still have armegedon around here somewhere.

David

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:49:32 PM
I have all the 2d versions! Haven't played them in a while but still love them! I think i may have to reinstall them and get my housemates battling it out!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 10:43:06 PM
Sounds like we might have to set up a time if anyones interested ;D

Quote from: micky d Never played 2, but worm's is a cracking game, It's just garenteed to make you grin like an idiot within seconds ;D
[/quote
That's what I love about them!
I have played 2 and armegedon, I think I still have armegedon around here somewhere.
Armagedon's fun too, though I haven't played it as much. I enjoyed the roping in W2 better, and thats about the only reason I like it more.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:12:29 AM
Sounds pretty cool to me.  I'm in!

Never played it before, but I can check my local game store and see if they have it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:40:53 AM
Its an easy game to play but very difficult to master. I got pretty good at armageddon a few years ago, me and my mate had some cracking games every so often. Great fun though and the animations/sound fx are brilliant! I think you'd enjoy it Def!
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:35:20 AM
I'm not much of a gamer- I get hooked on the odd game and I play the heck out of it for years.  I like strategy and I like playing with other people, and I prefer to play with people I know.  There's no fun in playing with strangers online because you can't laugh about it with them afterwards. 

I'd love to get a good game going with Multitool.org members, and I'm up for whatever!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 07:10:45 AM
But what game would it be?

I've got a desktop computer here that's just begging to be used as a game server :)  Some fun older games I've been playing lately are Freelancer, Dawn of War, and Battlefield 1942.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 11:15:42 AM
But what game would it be?

I've got a desktop computer here that's just begging to be used as a game server :)  Some fun older games I've been playing lately are Freelancer, Dawn of War, and Battlefield 1942.
Dawn of War is awesome, but then I'm a warhammer nut ::)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 01:18:37 PM
I love Freelancer, but it's boring as hell to play on your own.  You have to have friends to play it with, and a dedicated server set up so folks can go in whenever they get a chance and make some fast cash and get some upgrades.

Hell, it would be nice to have a shipping team of half a dozen guys or so- figure two freighters loaded down and four fighters for protection- we could go anywhere in the universe like that!

Def

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 01:21:41 PM
I love Freelancer, but it's boring as hell to play on your own.  You have to have friends to play it with, and a dedicated server set up so folks can go in whenever they get a chance and make some fast cash and get some upgrades.

Hell, it would be nice to have a shipping team of half a dozen guys or so- figure two freighters loaded down and four fighters for protection- we could go anywhere in the universe like that!

Def
Let me have a chat with my brother about weather or not I can still do online play (were on limited broadband at the moment ::)) and I'll be up for some online crushing of egos ;D

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 03:48:59 PM
Freelancer is a fun game.   I think I've got all the stuff to set up a world server :)

Dawn of War is probably my favorite, or close to being my favorite, RTS game ever.  I've always loved Warhammer Orks, and I really like playing the Imperial Guard.  They're the most fun with my playing style. Defend, build, defend, build... then crush your enemy with Baneblades
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 03:55:01 PM
Sounds like what I do... except for me there's usually only one wave!

I build very compact, centralized bases with heavy defenses- a compact base is more easily defended.  Then, once my base is virtually impregnable, I start building my offensive force, which rarely sustains a loss over 10% while pig rolling over any and all opposition!

Def

Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 04:19:14 PM
Freelancer is a fun game.   I think I've got all the stuff to set up a world server :)

Dawn of War is probably my favorite, or close to being my favorite, RTS game ever.  I've always loved Warhammer Orks, and I really like playing the Imperial Guard.  They're the most fun with my playing style. Defend, build, defend, build... then crush your enemy with Baneblades
A man after my own heart, I love bainblades,but I'm an astartes fan ;D Chaos or space marine, I'll take you all on waa-haa-haa-ha >:D

Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 04:20:55 PM
Sounds like what I do... except for me there's usually only one wave!

I build very compact, centralized bases with heavy defenses- a compact base is more easily defended.  Then, once my base is virtually impregnable, I start building my offensive force, which rarely sustains a loss over 10% while pig rolling over any and all opposition!

Def
I'm heavily into stealth, so I'll pop up next to your command HQ and blow it up ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 05:26:18 PM
Stealth is good, but I am well aware of the various types of invisibility and usually line my base with detectors.

Next time I am in a game I'll take a screenshot of my base and you'll see there's little, if any room to maneuver inside!

Plus, with overlapping defensive perimeters, it's quite a chore just to get to my base.  It's a habit I got into when I'd play these games while working.  I'd set the game up, build my defenses and save it.  Then I'd take the laptop to work and start it up again.  I'd gather huge resources, and check on it once in a while to rebuild anything important that was destroyed, then get back to work.  If anything immediately important was happening you'd hear the orcs yell "They're destroying our city!" at which point I'd check it again.  For the most part, I'd let the game more or less play itself!

Then, when time permitted, I'd build the biggest offensive fleet I could and just overrun the enemy.

Def

Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 05:37:40 PM
Stealth is good, but I am well aware of the various types of invisibility and usually line my base with detectors.

Next time I am in a game I'll take a screenshot of my base and you'll see there's little, if any room to maneuver inside!

Plus, with overlapping defensive perimeters, it's quite a chore just to get to my base.  It's a habit I got into when I'd play these games while working.  I'd set the game up, build my defenses and save it.  Then I'd take the laptop to work and start it up again.  I'd gather huge resources, and check on it once in a while to rebuild anything important that was destroyed, then get back to work.  If anything immediately important was happening you'd hear the orcs yell "They're destroying our city!" at which point I'd check it again.  For the most part, I'd let the game more or less play itself!

Then, when time permitted, I'd build the biggest offensive fleet I could and just overrun the enemy.

Def
Trouble is with Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, you can't build massive base really, I mean you can but it takes forever all the while you've got the baddies chiping away at your defences :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 07:28:44 PM
I haven't played Dawn of War so I'll take your word for it.  The strategies I use are adaptable to pretty well any game though.  Of course it'll take a bit to understand the intricacies of individual units, but I'm up to the challenge!   ;D

Def

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 07:37:31 PM
With the Imperial Guard, you can build some pretty massive bases.  In truth though, Dawn of War seems to be more geared towards striking quickly.  If you take a long time, the enemy takes a long time, and they can get seriously hard to beat.

I still haven't picked up Dark Crusade :(

Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 10:26:38 PM
With the Imperial Guard, you can build some pretty massive bases.  In truth though, Dawn of War seems to be more geared towards striking quickly.  If you take a long time, the enemy takes a long time, and they can get seriously hard to beat.

I still haven't picked up Dark Crusade :(

It's definatly worth getting, but it's quite a lot harder ::)

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 02:13:29 AM
If anyone's up for a game of Worms 2, let me know. I'll be around the computer for the next hour or two...
Edit: Offer retracted, I'm going to bed ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:49:59 AM by NeitherExtreme »

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 06:42:54 AM
I might be the dumb one here :-\.  Just what is the game Worms 2?

Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 11:32:10 AM
I might be the dumb one here :-\.  Just what is the game Worms 2?
This one mate...

Stupidly addictive thing that it is ::) ;D ;D

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 01:04:11 AM
Looks kind of funny.  Perhaps I may try that one. 

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007, 01:18:41 AM
Looks kind of funny. 
It is kind of funny. ;D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00