Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Welcome to Multitool.Org!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Welcome to Multitool.Org!
on: September 25, 2007, 04:10:23 PM
Welcome to Multitool.Org  :)

Please use this forum to introduce yourself to your fellow forumites, were a friendly bunch and some off us even have a clue what were talking about ;D, so take some time to introduce yourselfs maybe tell us about your tool history or why you simply have to get the latest greatest multi tool out there :)

Take your time to have a look around and maybe ask a question or provide a solution to another member, but most of all have fun and tell all your friends ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:27:38 PM by micky d »
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

br Offline M.TEX

Re: Welcome to Multitool.Org!
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:49:49 PM
 You know what is funny ??? I never said this here , but I never posted a Intro.
 as a new guy here....
 Well...here we go...
 Years ago, I saw the Movie " Blown away " ( I hope this is the right name )
 and when I saw the Bomb squad guys playing with that GERBER I said to
 myself : " Oh Nice ! I've gotto have one like that ! " 
 So....I did.
 Many years go by never got another multi tool...Im a huge fan of Swiss knife
 but never went out of my way to buy one....
 A friend of mine found a LM and he knows I love gedgets so he told me that
 I could have that tool ( Wave ) But as an EDC Forums member I sold to get
 funds to another gadget.....
 Yes ... too bad but I did.
 So here comes the second part and how Im here...
 Watching tv, " Survivorman " I've got the BUG again !  :multi:
 I had a bright idea ! Why not find a MULTITOOL FORUM ???
 I FOUND !  MULTITOOL.ORG
 so I enjoy here and Im glad I found !

M.TEX
M.TEX

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:52:55 PM
And were happy to have you along mate :)

Now hurry up and get a Swisstool ;) ;D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:02:42 PM
I agree, glad to have you.  As for the SwissTool, it can't be rushed- you need to discover how much you need one in your own time! :D

Seriously, I'm the owner and head administrator of this site, and we decided to start a forum specifically for new members to maybe introduce themselves and maybe learn a little something about all of us, and what we are striving for here.

My name is Grant Lamontagne, and I started this site after being somewhat successful with with the homepage of the largest Swiss Army Knife Collector's Group in the world, The Secret Order Of Swiss Army Knives, found at www.sosakonline.com and I decided I'd like to see something similar that revolves around multitools.  Enter Multitool.org, which was a side project for over a year before we decided to launch it- if we'd waited until it was perfect, it would still be on the back burner!

Well, we've been open about 14 months as I write this, and we've hit a few snags, but overall, it's been a great success.  We've grown from reviews and a small forum to a significant sized forum, over 80 tool reviews and now an online Multitool Encyclopedia that is user editable... which means if anyone has any info at all that's not there, they can add it!

This site, as with SOSAKOnline is a community effort.  It exists because the folks who frequent the place like it, and contribute to it.  I may be the head cheese, but if you ever feel like disagreeing with me, go right ahead- there's no lightning bolts waiting for dissenters here!  If you have any ideas on improvements or changes, by all means, submit them to me either in a private message here, or email them to me at grant.lamontagne@gmail.com and I will give it the attention it deserves.

In addition, we have a whole team of moderators and administrators that work to keep the site organic and we have a really good crop of members that help.  Of course our goal is steady, continual growth, which is why we have this forum here.  Take a chance and say Hi- you may accidentally enjoy yourself!   :grin:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 08:33:18 PM
 too late guys I've got the spirit and swisstool ....yet looking for more.... :grin:

:multi: one is never enough....
M.TEX

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:36:30 PM
Well in the spirit of introductions, here's a bit about me :)

My name's Mike and I'm from the UK, which basically means I'm either in bed, or at work when you lot are posting ::)
I've always been a knife nut, and drifted away from the tactical knife scene, when our laws became to draconian to run the risk of carrying anything sharp and expensive ;)

But I don't mind because it rekindled my love of Swiss Army Knives, and from there it was just a short step to Multitools :)

I'm still a member of many forum's but this is the place I call home, as it is by far the friendliest forum out there, but don't think that makes us boring ole farts, trust me nothing could be further from the truth ;D

So kick back, relax and enjoy it mate :)

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:21:19 PM
Hmmm about myself, let's see what I can come up with that sounds convincing enough  :police:

My name is David Bowen, I live down here in the deep south. I moved here about six years ago from Vermont and have tried to make this place a home as much as any place. Besides work and family I am your Site Manager for this wonderful website as well as an admin on the forums. I am Grant's partner in crime and together along with a long string of people, have made this place a reality. I had created the orginal multitool review site called "Multitool Manifesto", it worked well and I had alot of support from companies. But because I was trying to do the one man band routine I couldn't deal with all of the work and not enough time to do it all.

Grant hooked me on SAK's and rekindled my love for tools when I introduced him to my site and said that he wanted to do something along those lines but never knew how to  get it started. So between us we grew the idea from the little site it was, to a full blow onslaught like you see now. This site is my baby and always will be, I even put it on my most recent resume  ;)

For my history with tools and knives, only been using and collecting since 2001ish, before then I thought knife knuts were just wierdos, now I am just one of the crowd.

David

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 04:20:29 AM
  My name is Robert McClain,and I'm co-moderator of the Gerber and Outdoor Edge Forums.Home for me is in Southeast Ohio.Don't let my avatar fool you...I only wear a tutu on formal occasions ;D My passions are cycling,history and gadgets.
              I became fascinated with multi-tools as a kind of a sidebar to a passion for SAKs,and once I saw for myself that multis are true functional useful tools and not some frippery I was hooked.
I

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:21:23 AM
   I am Joey, and I've been collecting Swiss Army knives since I got one for Christmas when I was 10 years old. About a year ago, I felt the need for a full-sized pair of pliers, and locking blades, so, naturally, I got a SwissTool (this was before I paid attention to anything besides Victorinox). I loved that thing to death (and still do!), but about a month before going back to work, I decided to get a Leatherman Wave, mainly for its one-handed blades. I liked it, and eventually got a Charge, and a bunch of earlier Leathermans (PST, ST200, etc.). About two months ago, I branched out to Gerber, with a Nautilus and a yellow MP600. Most recently, having decided to try tools from all the major companies, I purchased a Powerlock.
   I play the B flat trumpet (with piston valves) and I enjoy long walks on the beach.
[

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:26:58 PM
Hi, my name's Luke, and I have a problem. Well, more than one, but we won't get into that right now... :D

I live in Pennsylvania dutch country (think Amish tourism central). I'm 24, a student, married 2.5 years, and a Multi-tool carrier for quite a while now. I don't have a huge collection, but I've used and carried them a lot in a number of situations (mostly EDC, construction(electrical), and travel). Although you'll probably figure it out on your own, I'm quite a Leatherman fan (although I appreciate all the quality brands). Years ago I got my first PST from my sisters, who found it in the snow while sledding. It mostly sat in my drawer for a long time, and I'd just pull it out when I needed a tool, but I eventually became more interested and started buying them myself.

To all the new folks: Welcome to the forum, and join right in!

Offline Biru

Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 01:11:22 AM
Greetings and Thanks for this most excellent forum!

My name is Bill, and I have been a guitarist, guitar tech and amplifier technician for more nearly 25 years before burning out with all that. I first saw a multitool when I picked up our drummer's Leatherman PST from a speaker cabinet and used it as a slide for our version of Pink Floyd's "One of These Days..." I had never heard of a Leatherman, and in reality it makes a very mediocre slide. :-\  Still it got me through the song, so here's to Tim Leatherman! :cheers:

Now I've contracted multitool acquisition syndrome. After finding this forum yesterday, I'm glad to meet others who share my problem.

My best wishes to all you members. Regards, Bill.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 03:17:15 AM

Now I've contracted multitool acquisition syndrome. After finding this forum yesterday, I'm glad to meet others who share my problem.

Yet another sufferer of M.A.S.  :(  Alas, there is yet no known cure.  ;)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 03:30:30 AM
Again, welcome aboard! :)
(Does MAS need to go on the acronym list?)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 03:45:46 AM
Hehe, sounds good to me!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 03:56:27 PM
Hi
I am Ricky I have had a range of multi tools usually cheapos that broke quickly
But the best so far have been my original leatherman(now my dads)and my new found best friend my Swisstool it has already seen action and even SWMBO is impressed with it !
This forum is a great place for help and advice even if you have tools other than swiss(WHY)
Regards
Ricky 

Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 04:01:38 PM
Hi
I am Ricky I have had a range of multi tools usually cheapos that broke quickly
But the best so far have been my original leatherman(now my dads)and my new found best friend my Swisstool it has already seen action and even SWMBO is impressed with it !
This forum is a great place for help and advice even if you have tools other than swiss(WHY)
Regards
Ricky 
You forgot you Mauser :o

It's good to have you along mate :)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 06:49:42 PM
 I want to say hello to a new forumite,Josekym.I've read his posts in another forum,and he's a real proponent of multi-tools.I hope he pops in,and introduces himself.
I

Offline erckgillis

• New User
NEWBIE!
Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
Hello all,

CPF/EDC and lontime multitool owner/carrier.

Large collection of Atwoods, Gerber/Leatherman and others like swisstool etc.

See ya  ;)

Ed

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: NEWBIE!
Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 11:33:25 PM
Hello all,

See ya  ;)

Ed

Welcome buddy.  :)
I'm back!!

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 12:50:13 AM
Hello all,

See ya  ;)

Ed

Welcome aboard :cheers:
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 01:25:08 AM
Welcome to Multitool.org!  Glad to have you!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 03:14:08 AM
Hello all,

See ya  ;)

Ed

Hey, tell us about the Atwoods if you would please. I've been eyeballing their website of late. Which one(s) would you recommend?

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 05:21:03 AM
Welcome aboard,enjoy your time here.There's undoubtedly a bunch of others here that would like to know your impressions of Atwoods.
I

Offline Papacat

Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 01:30:59 AM
Hello All,

I guess later is better than never.  My name is Mike and my fascination with multitools started with the original Leatherman Wave.  At the time, I was working for a computer animation company helping them set up for trade shows and other clients.  At my first show, I realized that I didn't have any tools on me and that night bought myself a Wave.  Since then, I have a growing collection of multitools.  Thanks to this site I now have a growing collection of multitools, knives, and swiss army knives.  I can quit at any time-I just don't want to. 

-Papacat.
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 04:35:23 AM
....I can quit at any time-I just don't want to. 

-Papacat.

Yeah right, you just keep on telling yourself that... ::)

Hehe, congrats on 100 posts by the way!

Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 10:12:01 AM
Hello All,

I guess later is better than never.  My name is Mike and my fascination with multitools started with the original Leatherman Wave.  At the time, I was working for a computer animation company helping them set up for trade shows and other clients.  At my first show, I realized that I didn't have any tools on me and that night bought myself a Wave.  Since then, I have a growing collection of multitools.  Thanks to this site I now have a growing collection of multitools, knives, and swiss army knives.  I can quit at any time-I just don't want to. 

-Papacat.
Bloody hell another Mike :o this is gona start getting confusing ::) ;) :D

As for quiting anytime, we've all been saying that for years :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 02:18:07 AM

Seems like the Mikes are starting to make serious inroads into the Bobs old majority.

We may have to bring in reinforcements soon!  :police:

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 04:59:43 AM

Seems like the Mikes are starting to make serious inroads into the Bobs old majority.

We may have to bring in reinforcements soon!  :police:
                 I've opened a recruiting office..if you don't mind them with a Buckeye accent :D
I

Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 09:42:30 AM
The world would be a safer, wiser and all together better looking place with us Mike's running the place :D :D

Offline yellowhammer

Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 11:17:40 PM
About time i said hello. I'm Ian from the UK, I already know a couple of you from British Blades ('Ullo Mike  :)).

I've not got too many multitools at present - an old Wave, Juice CS4, Gerber Multi-lite - but I have been known to hoard the odd SAK, this week it's a red Alox Pioneer & a Scientist. I've also got a sinking feeling that I'm going to start collecting Atwood tools which means I'll be skint forever...

Anyhoo, nice to be on board  :D
C

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80