Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why no locking PPP?

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Why no locking PPP?
on: October 13, 2010, 01:27:10 AM
So I've been EDCing A PPP for a few months now, and my BIGGEST complaint so far has been that the implements, especially the knife, flat head and awl (which to me, is ground on the wrong side) seem to close on me almost effortlessly. I've used all types of slip joint tools, but by far, the PPP has been the worst.

I wish SOG had spent less time on a Powerassist and PowerCut and invested in making a locking PPP.
Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Re: Why no locking PPP?
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:56:16 AM
So I've been EDCing A PPP for a few months now, and my BIGGEST complaint so far has been that the implements, especially the knife, flat head and awl (which to me, is ground on the wrong side) seem to close on me almost effortlessly. I've used all types of slip joint tools, but by far, the PPP has been the worst.

I wish SOG had spent less time on a Powerassist and PowerCut and invested in making a locking PPP.

What really confuses me is that they still sell the PPP without gear covers. The PT-510 which is pretty much the exact same thing has them. So what we need is a PPP 2.0 with locks, and gear covers. I would also like if it was slightly larger (like a 1/4 inch) so it easily (without modding) fits the scissors.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Why no locking PPP?
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 04:52:40 PM
I don't seem to have that problem with my Paladin PT-510's...  :think:
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00