Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

cataract surgery.

Zed · 7 · 737

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
cataract surgery.
on: October 16, 2010, 03:04:14 PM
for a while now ive had problems with my sight and have been wearing my glasses more and more, i had to get my glasses changed about a month ago and they found a problem with my eyes, ive had a problem with my sight for about 3 years but its getting worse, i went to see my doctor last week and he told me to go back to my eye specialsit , they sadi i  have cataracts om both eyes and would need  surgery to help this, i still dont know the ins and outs and i know residants where i work having this done but wondered if anyone has had this done as a little worried, thanks for any advice, i was anoid though as i dont know why they didnt see this a few years back whe i got my first pair of glasses,  :-\

paul

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: cataract surgery.
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:43:02 PM
well i got a letter today saying that it wont need surgery but might in the future, nice after scaring the life out of me  :cry: oh well time to relax now, although eyes still killing me, ive got eye drops so will see if these help,  :tu:

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:21:34 PM
Zed thats good news eye surgery would scar me too.  :D :tu:

Mike   
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:25:51 PM

It gives me the heebie jeebies.  I can stand almost anything, but someone digging into your eye really freaks me out.  Still, my vision is valuable enough to me that I would get it done if I needed to.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 04:30:40 PM

It gives me the heebie jeebies.  I can stand almost anything, but someone digging into your eye really freaks me out.  Still, my vision is valuable enough to me that I would get it done if I needed to.

Def

i cant get that to work def, although probably a good thing  :D  :ahhh i have to go back to my opticians next wed , im fed up with opticians for one month  :ahhh

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 04:41:21 PM
Yeah, definitely a good thing.  I'm not squeamish, but that has me cringing!

Still, if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.  I don't wear glasses but my wife does and she's always complaining about her limitations because of them.  She can't really go in the water at the beach because she's afraid she'll lose her glasses, but then she can't go without them because her eyesight is pretty bad.  She could wear contacts, but the salt in the air here makes that somewhat uncomfortable for her, and she can only seem to wear them for a couple hours at a time.

My eyes are super sensitive- I have trouble putting in eyedrops on the rare occasions I need to, so the thought of sticking contacts in there doesn't appeal to me either when the time comes.  So, when I need to, I'll be knocking back a bottle of tequila, taking all the drugs they can give me and wake up a day later with my vision restored!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 08:13:43 PM

Def

im never having that done unless im in a coma.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD