Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How do I make my word document saved in word or PDF format?

Offline SoDak

I'm trying to submit my multitool design for leatherman's contest, but everytime I submit the files on the design it says my files must be word or PDF format> I don't get it because my design was saved on word. What am I doing wrong?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: How do I make my word document saved in word or PDF format?
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:37:29 AM
There is a way to save it in .pdf, but I am not entirely certain how to do it.  Instead, I downloaded a program (free) called PDF Redirect that does it for you.  All you do is set it to print and select PDFRedirect instead of your printer and it does it automatically.  You can get the program here:

http://www.download.com/PDF-ReDirect/3000-6675_4-10721006.html?tag=lst-0-1

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:53:30 AM
Thats wierd, I saved and sent mine in word format and had no problems... ??? ??? Good luck. :)

Offline SoDak

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 02:58:09 AM
Thanks Def the program got the files saved on pdf format. The problem is that leatherman's site still doesn't think its a pdf file. What am I doing wrong? Let me go through what I am doing: I click the browse button on their site, go to My Documents and select the file I wanted, and press the open button. Isthere some other procedure I'm supposed to use? I'm getting worried now that my design won't make it for the deadline.

Offline SoDak

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 02:59:26 AM
Thats wierd, I saved and sent mine in word format and had no problems... ??? ??? Good luck. :)
The other possibility is that my stupid computer from 1999 is at fault. If worse comes to worse I'm just going to e-mail leatherman my entry and hope they accept it that way.

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 03:04:47 AM
Hmmm... too bad you're having so much trouble. If worst comes to worst and you think it's your computer, you could try emailing the files to someone else and have them try for you. I'd give it a stab although I'm not the most computer-smart person out there. You described exactly what I did so I dont' know why its not working??

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 01:54:54 PM
Email it to me at grant.lamontagne@gmail.com and I'll forward it on to my contact at Leatherman to make sure it gets there safely.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline SoDak

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 06:23:50 PM
Email it to me at grant.lamontagne@gmail.com and I'll forward it on to my contact at Leatherman to make sure it gets there safely.

Def
Thanks for the offer Def, but I was able to e-mail my sister the needed info and she was able to submit it. I guess it had something to do with my worthless computer.

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 01:21:58 AM
Glad it worked :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69