Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hey Def! Nice article!

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Hey Def! Nice article!
on: September 29, 2007, 11:31:00 AM
The short point: Defender has an article in the latest issue of Tactical Knives!  :ahhh

I've taken a shine to the OHT platform recently and actually bought the magazine because of the article. Little did I know who it was authored by! Good words and good pics too, you have sold me on a new GAK. Now where do I get the recurves and pocket clip?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Hey Def! Nice article!
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:53:15 PM
The pocket clip was added along with the micarta scales by a gent named Bill Evans, aka Scibeer in Knifeforums.  He does gorgeous work, and I have a few pieces from him now.  The pocket clip I believe is a standard one from www.knifekits.com and the recurve was actually done with a Leatherman diamond file and some serious elbow grease.

I'm glad you liked the article- I plan on doing more in the future since it was great fun.

Now if everyone would just send Tactical Knives an email saying how much they love the article and want that guy with the funny name to write a regular column, we'll be set! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:56:28 PM
This issue is destined to become a collector's item then eh?  :grin:

I read the article as well. Very professional and well done Def! (I'm looking forward to the next one.)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:58:24 PM
I am planning to do one on the Wenger Alinghi which seems to be pretty hot right now.  The problem is, paper and ink has a seriously heavy turnaround time, so what's hot now will be old news in 6 months when you actually read it...   >:(

Fortunately, the innernet isn't so bad!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%