Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swisstool Adventures , Episode one and two

Dunc · 9 · 3245

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Swisstool Adventures , Episode one and two
on: October 01, 2007, 12:58:45 PM
I havnt got long online but thought i would let you all know whats been happening .

Episode 1

Sunday 09 September at 0648 my pager went off  ( thats 6.48 am  >:( ) . It was for an upturned sailing dingy washed up on the beach . The coastguard were already on scene and we helped them to recover and right the vessel . This was difficult as it was in surf and also the upturned boat had filled with sand . It took about 8 of us to right it . My Swisstool really performed well and cut several ropes as the sails and rigging hampered things . This was all being done in breaking surf and the swisstool was used a good bit under the water and was also dropped in sand . After we removed alot of the sand the boat was dragged clear of the water by tractor and when the owner arrived the Swisstool was used again to help remove the damaged mast and rigging . These pictures were taken just after the tractor had pulled it clear and before the owner turned up .

Episode 2

Friday 28 September
Tried to start my car and the key just turned and nothing happened  >:( the ignition lights came on and stayed on after I removed the key  :o Used the swisstool to dissconect the battery and when it was light I went back to further investigate .It was obvious that something had broken in or around the ignition  lock . My Swisstool , swisstool wrench , Spirit , mini mag and a piece of wire were then used for many hours over that friday and following saturday , oh yeh we were also on flood alert at the time due to spring tides and a strong north wind .Had we have flooded I wouldnt be able to move my car as the steering lock was jammed on .On Saturday I managed to get a replacement part from a scrap yard and it was here that a strange thing happened to my Swisstool , I bent the screwdriver/caplifter  :o It was my own fault  :twak: as i was using it as a pry bar  ::) I know there is a dedicated pry bar but it was too thick to fit in the gap and the screwdriver was just the right fit .I was tired , fed up and if I couldnt get this part out of the wreck then I didnt know what I was going to do next  :cry: So I got a bit angry and just went for it and the driver got bent .Its not as bad as it sounds   ;D It would still shut but you had to give it a little help  :pok: I straightened it using the Spirit and now all you can see is a couple of marks from the Spirits jaws . I got the job done ok and the old girls back on the road . I also had some help from a mate in the village who used to work on BMW cars. I really do think that if I had used another brand of multitool I would have ended up snapping one of the tools .

The broken part can be seen on the left with the replacement part next to it .

As to regards of the flooding , it didnt come over the sea defences but it was still a big  rough sea  ;D

High tide

Low tide

Thanks for reading and I'll be back online as soon as I can

Dunc
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 09:54:08 PM by dunc5 »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Swisstool Adventures , Episode one and two
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:30:40 PM
Great stories Dunc!

Good luck with the computer buddy, we miss you here!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:33:40 PM
Great story mate, and I thnk your right about the swisstool bending rather than snapping, still sad to hear though :cry:

Ah the norfolk coast complete with monster tide's, I knew there was a reason my parent's moved dahn salf ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 02:55:58 AM
Sounds like some adventures Dunc, thanks for sharing.  :)  Glad to know the car is up and running again. Too bad the SwissTool can't fix your computer woes!  :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 04:50:53 PM
Sounds like some adventures Dunc, thanks for sharing.  :)  Glad to know the car is up and running again. Too bad the SwissTool can't fix your computer woes!  :-\
                      That's why he needs a Cybertool !
I

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 07:53:48 PM

I would love a cybertool but the little swisstool wrench and bits done a great job and I couldnt have asked for more , very under rated .

Dunc

us Offline Splat

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 05:25:37 PM
I almost bought a Cybertool. I really dig all its goodies, but as in true SAK form - nothing locks. Ever since cutting myself pretty good when I was a kid with my first knife I'm admittedly leery of non-locking knives. The Cybertool really is sweet though!  :multi:
--
Splat
Splat

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 04:18:01 AM
Give the Cybertool a shot.The back springs are good and strong,and hold up well over time.
I

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 11:56:15 AM
I almost bought a Cybertool. I really dig all its goodies, but as in true SAK form - nothing locks. Ever since cutting myself pretty good when I was a kid with my first knife I'm admittedly leery of non-locking knives. The Cybertool really is sweet though!  :multi:
--
Splat
Give slip joint's a secong chance mate, now your an adult you'll probably find that you subconsiously adjust to using a slippy and won't have any problems :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD