Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pyro's Adventure, Skylanders.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Pyro's Adventure, Skylanders.
on: October 30, 2011, 03:25:38 PM
Hmm...I bought this thinking it was different, and something I haven't seen yet for my PC. Well, the game is rather simplistic, but somehow fun. What got me going however, are the little toy characters that you place on a USB driven portal. Each character comes with a flash memory chip that records levels, upgrades, and money. On top of that, each character has an element class that is required to open up certain parts of the game.

Now I realize this is all a money grab. They even hit you over the head about it also, as when you find an upgrade coin for one of the characters, it asks you if you want to see a preview video of that character.

However, I find it rather neat that you can simply place a toy on the portal, and play that character. It is all done rather seamlessly and brilliantly at that. There are even two scene packs that you can buy. Each gives you a new level, an exclusive character to that pack, and interestingly enough, two game pieces that allow you to use them with any character. For example, the Pirate Pack extras give you a chest that you need to find in the level, and a pair of ghost swords that attack your enemies. The later comes with a countdown timer and a cooling off period...so  you can't over use it.

Each new character acts as a new life of sorts. If one of your characters die, you can't use that character until either a certain amount of time goes by, or another character finds a replenishing food item, or you restart the game. In one boss battle, I ran through all of my characters and still didn't win the fight. Of course, I hadn't figured out how to upgrade them. Now that I have ran each character through the upgrading process, I think the battle should go a lot easier.

So, anyone else playing this?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:27:23 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68