Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Club

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Juice Club
Reply #120 on: November 28, 2011, 05:15:42 PM
Got my Mint condition KF4 today; already stabbed myself opening the small screwdriver...

Family photos!! (only one is a user... ;) )

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #121 on: November 28, 2011, 05:29:48 PM
Got my Mint condition KF4 today; already stabbed myself opening the small screwdriver...

That's traditional I'm afraid.... I'm very special, I've done it more than once ::)  :-[
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #122 on: November 28, 2011, 05:47:57 PM
That's traditional I'm afraid.... I'm very special, I've done it more than once ::)  :-[

Oh, I know. That is how I check if they are genuine.  :D

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #123 on: November 28, 2011, 07:12:25 PM
Testing to see if you've got a genuine Juice or not:

Can you consistently open the flat screwdrivers without drawing blood?  Yes?  Sorry, it's a fake. :-\

:D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #124 on: November 28, 2011, 07:38:08 PM
Testing to see if you've got a genuine Juice or not:

Can you consistently open the flat screwdrivers without drawing blood?  Yes?  Sorry, it's a fake. :-\

:D

I know this all to well.  :D
I'm the milk man!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #125 on: November 28, 2011, 08:43:43 PM
I think the picture was taken in odd lighting; definitely grey.

Double print looks kinda weird  :ahhh

It looks black to me compared to the tools. :think: The C2 is the only Juice that comes with black scales, Bob bought one a few weeks ago. It's a 2011 SALES PROMOTIONS model as shown in the Leatherman Library.
They call it dark gray though.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #126 on: November 28, 2011, 09:56:40 PM
I really need to get my hands on a "dark grey" C2. Any info on availability?
I'm the milk man!

us Offline bigelox

Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 03:09:15 AM
I'm in! I really want an Xe6 though...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 08:11:07 AM
Welcome to the forum bigelox. :tu:  Nice shot BTW.  Personally I think the Xe6 is a rather bulky MT and the S2 is far more pocket friendly anyway. :cheers:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #129 on: November 29, 2011, 02:02:53 PM
Welcome to the forum bigelox. :tu:  Nice shot BTW.  Personally I think the Xe6 is a rather bulky MT and the S2 is far more pocket friendly anyway. :cheers:
:tu:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #130 on: November 29, 2011, 11:23:42 PM
:tu:

I second that. If I had to carry a Xe6 size/weight MT I would probably carry something more capable if I am going to carry the extra weight.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: November 30, 2011, 06:04:56 AM
The S2 is the closest thing to a perfect pocket size MT there is.  Everything you need, and nothing you don't.

If I could change one thing about it, I'd take out the large flat-head driver and put a second, smaller, phillips driver in its place.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline bigelox

Reply #132 on: November 30, 2011, 03:40:45 PM
Thanks all, I'll have to take your comments into consideration!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #133 on: November 30, 2011, 04:30:43 PM
This thread has had me carrying my Juice Sc2 today. :)  I do think it's a shame it was never part of the regular range.

Offline umberto00

Reply #134 on: November 30, 2011, 06:19:17 PM
I either carry the XE6 or KF4 everyday. Weight and bulk haven't been an issue, since it hangs from a carabineer and chain from my belt loop into my right back pocket, next to my wallet. The belt loop takes all of the weight, and since it's next to my wallet, there is no added bulk. I don't even sit on it when I sit down. (I used to carry a Wave/Charge and even a Surge this way!)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #135 on: November 30, 2011, 10:12:46 PM
The S2 is the closest thing to a perfect pocket size MT there is.  Everything you need, and nothing you don't.

If I could change one thing about it, I'd take out the large flat-head driver and put a second, smaller, phillips driver in its place.
+1 to all of that. I've been carrying my S2 every day since I got it, and absolutely love it. The tool load out is almost perfect-I don't really need the large flat driver, since I'm also always carrying a SAK. A smaller phillips would be ideal.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: December 01, 2011, 01:56:39 AM

+1 to all of that. I've been carrying my S2 every day since I got it, and absolutely love it. The tool load out is almost perfect-I don't really need the large flat driver, since I'm also always carrying a SAK. A smaller phillips would be ideal.

It's a shame they're riveted together instead of bolted like the other models.  Heck, even the Styles are bolted!  What's up with that?  Cost saving measure?
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #137 on: December 01, 2011, 09:41:48 PM
in im. sorry for the pic quality. luv the tool tho, not a big fan of the sheath but i keep it on a p7 clip now.

-----5hif7y-----

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #138 on: December 01, 2011, 10:20:56 PM
All these pics are getting my Juices flowing :drool: I'm after the KF4 and XE6 but stuck on colour choice, so any suggestions :think: don't say get them all :ahhh Gray or Yellow for the KF4, Gray or Purple for the XE6 :pok:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

us Offline RayzBladz

Reply #139 on: December 01, 2011, 10:30:39 PM
Captain Spaulding, you asked about availability on the Juice C2s. I have 2 ordered from Amazon, and they call them extreme dark gray and they come with a fiery red Style for $44.25 and free shipping. I'm pretty sure they are the ones that appear black, but I haven't received mine yet so I'm not positive. They show on the site that there are still 2 available. Thought you might want to know.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #140 on: December 01, 2011, 11:36:08 PM
Captain Spaulding, you asked about availability on the Juice C2s. I have 2 ordered from Amazon, and they call them extreme dark gray and they come with a fiery red Style for $44.25 and free shipping. I'm pretty sure they are the ones that appear black, but I haven't received mine yet so I'm not positive. They show on the site that there are still 2 available. Thought you might want to know.

Thanks for the heads up.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

• No Life Club
Reply #141 on: December 02, 2011, 01:06:11 AM
The fine tip flat head driver on the S2 is actually small enough to tighten the screws on my glasses!  I'm very surprised...  Although, I think the little eye-glass screwdriver that goes into the SAK corkscrew does a better job of it.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: December 02, 2011, 05:31:17 AM
All these pics are getting my Juices flowing :drool: I'm after the KF4 and XE6 but stuck on colour choice, so any suggestions :think: don't say get them all :ahhh Gray or Yellow for the KF4, Gray or Purple for the XE6 :pok:

Color is irrelevant, naked looks best :D

Naked XE6

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #143 on: December 02, 2011, 06:56:05 PM
Yeah, naked looks good too. ;)

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #144 on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:52 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Its like a Skeletool and a Juice had a baby.  :D
I'm the milk man!

• No Life Club
Reply #145 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:52 PM

Its like a Skeletool and a Juice had a baby.  :D

Wasn't that in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?  I think the nurse in the hospital gave Harry "Skele-grow"?    :rofl:

us Offline RayzBladz

Reply #146 on: December 03, 2011, 12:10:07 AM
Well, I got the "extreme dark gray" C2s today, and although they are 3 or 4 shades darker than the standard storm gray, they're definitely not black. And, they came in a box instead of a clampack. So Captain, it's up to you. If you want a darker gray C2 , these are the ones you want. If you want a black C2 you'll have to look somewhere other than Amazon. If you find them, let me know.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #147 on: December 03, 2011, 12:32:51 AM
Well, I got the "extreme dark gray" C2s today, and although they are 3 or 4 shades darker than the standard storm gray, they're definitely not black. And, they came in a box instead of a clampack. So Captain, it's up to you. If you want a darker gray C2 , these are the ones you want. If you want a black C2 you'll have to look somewhere other than Amazon. If you find them, let me know.

Interesting, the one Bob got in a clampack looks black.

Well here's a new one (to me anyhow) A black C2, sold as a combo set along with a red Style, and found at the outdoors shop I visit :)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #148 on: December 03, 2011, 01:41:52 AM
In real life, mine is about one shade lighter than true "black" (if that makes sense)

It makes me wonder if this color was intentional, or whether someone maybe just left a batch of scales cooking in the anodizing pot too long?  :think:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #149 on: December 03, 2011, 01:56:30 AM
In real life, mine is about one shade lighter than true "black" (if that makes sense)
Makes sense to me. Lesson from a paint retailer-NEVER judge colors from your computer monitor or a picture. What you see isn't going to be what you get. That being said, a deeper gray than the storm gray would be sweet. Are these only C2s?
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%