Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Club

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Re: Juice Club
Reply #720 on: March 11, 2017, 05:33:00 AM
20170309_151027 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170309_151008 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

:like: :like: :like:

I didn't know about this color...I had only seen the solar yellow KF4.   

:cheers: :cheers:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #721 on: March 12, 2017, 02:26:52 AM
Very nice Poncho. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #722 on: March 12, 2017, 05:25:59 AM
I have a Solar yellow as well :cheers: I am a fan of grey more than most colors and I was lucky to get this one NIB several years ago :dd: Besides the Juice Pro the Kf4 is the only of the Juice series I own and if you replace the serrated blade with scissors I would carry this one a lot more :tu: Still an awesome MT for how compact it is :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #723 on: March 12, 2017, 05:26:15 AM

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #724 on: March 12, 2017, 07:59:05 PM
I have a Solar yellow as well :cheers: I am a fan of grey more than most colors and I was lucky to get this one NIB several years ago :dd: Besides the Juice Pro the Kf4 is the only of the Juice series I own and if you replace the serrated blade with scissors I would carry this one a lot more :tu: Still an awesome MT for how compact it is :like:

My first Juice purchase was the Original Orange Juice S2 after watching the Nutnfancy YouTube video.  I was definitely intrigued by the combination of scissors, blade, pliers and drivers (even got the multi-bit slip-on adapter).  Multiple purchases later, I discovered that the Victorinox scissors were superior when the CS4 I was using couldn't make progress in opening a plastic mailer that was covered in excessive packing tape.  I reached for my Explorer and easily cut through the tape & mailer.  Not willing to accept the obvious conclusion, I tried to cut other parts of the mailer/tape target using multiple Juice models (XE6, Pro, 5 of my S2s) but was unsuccessful.  I grabbed three different SAKs and each got the job done easily.  My point?  Keep your KF4 and use a SAK for scissors tasks.

BTW, I don't accept defeat easily and spent time sharpening the CS4 scissors to the point where it was making better progress cutting the difficult target package.  I stopped (temporarily) since I did not want to reprofile the CS4 scissors.  I might continue on the redesigned (new style) S2 (my least favorite S2).

During the process described above, I gained a whole new respect for SAK scissors.

:climber:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:00:25 PM by NorCalJim »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #725 on: March 13, 2017, 03:31:57 AM
SAK scissors are definitely awesome but it is great if I can just carry 1 thing sometimes (like on weekends where I want to go lighter) never normally happens though :whistle: but  I am all over a good SAK and MT combo :tu:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #726 on: March 13, 2017, 05:48:35 AM
SAK scissors are definitely awesome but it is great if I can just carry 1 thing sometimes (like on weekends where I want to go lighter) never normally happens though :whistle: but  I am all over a good SAK and MT combo :tu:

I have to admit that my fail example is a bit unusual and I haven't encountered another ordinary task that the Juice scissors couldn't handle.  Now if I had encountered this problem earlier, I would not have purchased so many Juice models.  On the plus side, my fail example led to a Victorinox EDC.  :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #727 on: March 13, 2017, 05:56:33 AM

I have to admit that my fail example is a bit unusual and I haven't encountered another ordinary task that the Juice scissors couldn't handle.  Now if I had encountered this problem earlier, I would not have purchased so many Juice models.  On the plus side, my fail example led to a Victorinox EDC.  :)

I carried a Vic Executive for years just for the add of the scissors (I like the size of that range better than the 58mm) :cheers: I carry the larger Vic Ranger now as I love the tool layout of it so well :tu: Vic makes some very good stuff and I always am glad to have one with me and my LM :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #728 on: March 19, 2017, 09:53:43 AM
Great pics guys,after having 4 juices ,starting with a kf4 great tool but like scissors, stupidly traded it  :-\ then got a s2 actually liked it's size but lacked a few tools,then got a xe6 cool but big and heavy,so now I've ended up with a cs4, like it other than the CS that I don't use, wish I still had my kf4 but you live and learn ,juices are a bit like Sak's there's plenty of models but usually a tool you don't need but no MT or sak is perfect  :tu:
2017-03-06 19.36.18.jpg
* 2017-03-06 19.36.18.jpg (Filesize: 401.97 KB)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:54:53 AM by Zed »

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #729 on: March 23, 2017, 09:38:44 PM
Great pics guys,after having 4 juices ,starting with a kf4 great tool but like scissors, stupidly traded it  :-\ then got a s2 actually liked it's size but lacked a few tools,then got a xe6 cool but big and heavy,so now I've ended up with a cs4, like it other than the CS that I don't use, wish I still had my kf4 but you live and learn ,juices are a bit like Sak's there's plenty of models but usually a tool you don't need but no MT or sak is perfect  :tu:

Yes, no MT or SAK is perfect but I find that I really don't need perfect.  Like Tim the Tool Man Taylor, I like more power!  After seeing a video challenging the durability of the Surge, I started to look around for the best deal.  Coming to my senses, I realized that bigger is not always a better fit.  My Charge Al & TTI are perfect MTs for my needs.  My strange obsession with the Juice models has resulted in easy availability of several very useful tools.  I don't need them to be perfect.  I just need them to handle some ordinary tasks  For example, I decided to get a Zippo lighter and a butane insert to seal paracord (I'm a non-smoker).  The flame was way too big and needed adjustment.  I hadn't gotten around to putting a small screw driver in the corkscrew so I reached for a Juice to use its small flat head screw driver--it worked perfectly!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 10:53:18 PM by NorCalJim »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #730 on: March 24, 2017, 06:50:18 AM
Well, I know this is getting ridiculous, but there is a Juice in the pic.  ::) I'll take more of each tool, but it'll have to do for now.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #731 on: March 25, 2017, 03:40:30 AM
Some nice LM there RP :o :like: :like:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #732 on: March 25, 2017, 04:10:01 AM
 :cheers:

And the Schrade isn't too bad either.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #733 on: March 25, 2017, 05:49:03 AM
Really pleased with the Juice I got. It cleaned up nicely, and the snap is great.

One thing I am not too sure about are the flatheads. They seem to be difficult to pull out at times, and boy they are sharp. One drew blood.  :think:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #734 on: March 25, 2017, 02:53:25 PM
:cheers:

And the Schrade isn't too bad either.

Yeah you are right the Tough Tool is mighty fine as well :D :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #735 on: March 25, 2017, 02:54:27 PM
Really pleased with the Juice I got. It cleaned up nicely, and the snap is great.

One thing I am not too sure about are the flatheads. They seem to be difficult to pull out at times, and boy they are sharp. One drew blood.  :think:

I have heard that from several people about the flat head drivers :o Bloodthirsty little devil from what I hear as well :D

Offline SurivStud

Reply #736 on: March 25, 2017, 04:37:50 PM
Today my little girl wanted to drive her bike. I was wearing trousers and didn't want something bulky  on my pockets so I took the Juice S2. I realized that she was ready to change her training wheels to a higher position. Juices are so good for specific situations. Their compact size seems to cause a misunderstanding of their capabilities. Of course they are not for some tough uses where a large MT could be proper but, thy are  so handy and stronger than they look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #738 on: March 26, 2017, 04:47:28 AM
The philips is squared!  :salute:

us Offline ITGeek

Reply #739 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:16 PM
Just joined the Juice club with a KF4 from https://store.multitool.org/  And I was doing good not getting more tools for awhile.

Nice tool for an IT desk jockey, and a good complement for my key chain Rambler.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #740 on: April 04, 2017, 06:36:56 PM
Just joined the Juice club with a KF4 from https://store.multitool.org/  And I was doing good not getting more tools for awhile.

Nice tool for an IT desk jockey, and a good complement for my key chain Rambler.

Great score  :tu: That is my favorite Juice model :like: :like:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #741 on: April 04, 2017, 06:58:33 PM
I'm still pondering on trading my cs4 for a storm grey s2 like the one I had ,just think it worked better for me  :facepalm:

gb Offline BePrepared

Got my S2 Juice today
Reply #742 on: April 27, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
I just got my S2 Juice today.  New style with only one orange half.  :)

I bought my father one for his birthday last week, and liked it so much I got one myself for EDC.  I am a city-slicker, so I'm not chopping down trees or fighting off bears (although I did come across what was probably a baby wolverine once, in Estonia.)

The orange outer scales on mine seem to fit better than on my father's set, but the pliers do not close as tightly as his (I can see daylight between mine when pressed closed), and my scissors wobble a little when open --- anyone got ideas on how to tighten them up?  It does not seem to affect cutting as the blades come together tightly.  I've also got a bit of light rusting on the bottle opener...  :-[  Any ideas on how to do an initial clean and prep?  WD40?

I'd like to mod the S2, but I'm not sure I can do that, given the rivets need to be sorted out (I've read the forums about modding the Juice and Squirt).  I'd like to remove or reduce the knife length, to make it look less aggressive, or just blunt the end half of the blade (LOL --- I've seen some of the knife blades on this forum, and I suspect 99% of you think I must be mad!)  But what I like about the Juice is that it looks like (two small) penknife(s) and is EDC in UK (i.e. no locking blades).

Oh, and the lanyard ring --- I see no use for it personally as I will keep the S2 in my pocket in the (condom/watch) pouch, so wondered if the lanyard could be (super-)glued to the base of the Philips screwdriver, to increase strength of the Philips?  I've got a bit kit coming soon!

Thanks in advance.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #743 on: May 12, 2017, 12:45:47 PM
I've been enjoying carrying my oddball Juice for the last couple of days.

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #744 on: May 12, 2017, 07:43:02 PM
Just popping in with a quick pix during my Juice challenge. Nice medium size tool.
IMG_0386.jpeg
* IMG_0386.jpeg (Filesize: 169.19 KB)
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #745 on: May 13, 2017, 01:21:14 AM
Just popping in with a quick pix during my Juice challenge. Nice medium size tool.
(Image removed from quote.)
Nice.  :tu:

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #746 on: May 13, 2017, 02:14:04 AM
Working with a band tonight and the guitar players amp stoped working. Juice to the rescue. Needed to replace a fuse. Used the large flat driver to remove it. All is now as it should be.   :multi:
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #747 on: May 13, 2017, 03:29:10 AM
In a 12hr night shift, 2am coffee outside  :tu:
2017-05-13 01.50.38.jpg
* 2017-05-13 01.50.38.jpg (Filesize: 57.58 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #748 on: May 13, 2017, 10:42:15 PM
Great pics and carries Gareth, MM and Zed :tu: :like: :like:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #749 on: May 14, 2017, 05:38:27 AM
My favorite juice skeleton style, CS4

* IMG_0248.JPG (Filesize: 36.88 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%