Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Club

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Juice Club
Reply #90 on: November 12, 2011, 01:21:31 PM
A black C2...nice.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: November 12, 2011, 01:37:35 PM
I'm in!!

:D :D

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #92 on: November 12, 2011, 06:52:56 PM
I'm in!!

Hey, that looks familiar......... :D

My first Juice arrived on Thursday, Storm Gray S2. Overall impressions are very positive. The pliers are much more capable than those on my Deluxe Tinker, the blade is a razor, and the Phillips is great. The can opener isn't exactly inspiring any confidence, I'll have to sharpen it. The scissors? Well, not as bad as I thought they'd be, but not Victorinox, that's for sure. And, I discovered the Juice's natural defense mechanism the hard way-it tries to stab you with those flat screwdrivers! :o Prickly little sucker! The flat heads, once opened, are great though. Overall I'm very happy with it, and it'll be seeing plenty of pocket time I'm sure.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: November 12, 2011, 07:26:37 PM
I'm in!!

(Image removed from quote.)
My first Juice arrived on Thursday, Storm Gray S2. Overall impressions are very positive. The pliers are much more capable than those on my Deluxe Tinker, the blade is a razor, and the Phillips is great. The can opener isn't exactly inspiring any confidence, I'll have to sharpen it. The scissors? Well, not as bad as I thought they'd be, but not Victorinox, that's for sure. And, I discovered the Juice's natural defense mechanism the hard way-it tries to stab you with those flat screwdrivers! :o Prickly little sucker! The flat heads, once opened, are great though. Overall I'm very happy with it, and it'll be seeing plenty of pocket time I'm sure.

I think someone reprofiled bottle/can opener to awl... Sounds usefull...  :tu: :tu: :tu:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline Heinz Doofenshmirtz

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: November 12, 2011, 08:00:59 PM
I'm in!!

(Image removed from quote.)

Hey JD, I honestly don't think that thing is a can opener...  I know LM says it's supposed to be, but I mean really, if it is, they didn't do that great of a job with it...  If you sharpen it and try it out, let us know how it goes.
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #95 on: November 12, 2011, 08:50:26 PM

Hey JD, I honestly don't think that thing is a can opener...  I know LM says it's supposed to be, but I mean really, if it is, they didn't do that great of a job with it...  If you sharpen it and try it out, let us know how it goes.

I have to agree that the can opener on the juice line is a horrible attempt at making a good can opener.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: November 12, 2011, 08:55:43 PM

I have to agree that the can opener on the juice line is a horrible attempt at making a good can opener.
Well, I'll just have to play with it a bit and see how it goes. Sure isn't going to replace one of my Vic's in the can opener dept at work either way.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #97 on: November 13, 2011, 04:49:31 AM
The newest Juice to be added to the pile. A red SC2 with date codes of 1202.    :)

Nice! 8) Do you have a clear one yet? 

No Bob I dont. This is my first SC2. Those clear ones are a bit of a rare bird aren't they?    :)

Seems like they are around, but you really have to keep a watch out to find one. :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #98 on: November 13, 2011, 06:26:31 AM
The newest Juice to be added to the pile. A red SC2 with date codes of 1202.    :)

Nice! 8) Do you have a clear one yet? 

No Bob I dont. This is my first SC2. Those clear ones are a bit of a rare bird aren't they?    :)

Seems like they are around, but you really have to keep a watch out to find one. :salute:

I came across a couple of them about two years ago. One of them was really nice and didnt bring that much. But I was in pursuit of other tools at the time and let them pass. So now the hunt continues.    :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

• No Life Club
Reply #99 on: November 13, 2011, 06:31:54 AM
Well, I'll just have to play with it a bit and see how it goes. Sure isn't going to replace one of my Vic's in the can opener dept at work either way.

Yeah, no doubt! 

I use the one in my Outrider as my regular kitchen can opener right now.  It works so well I've never felt the need to plunk down the few clams it'd cost to buy a regular can opener at the store.  :D
The first Noble Truth: life is suffering.  Only by accepting that fact can we transcend it.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #100 on: November 13, 2011, 02:22:44 PM

Yeah, no doubt! 

I use the one in my Outrider as my regular kitchen can opener right now.  It works so well I've never felt the need to plunk down the few clams it'd cost to buy a regular can opener at the store.  :D
Yeah, we keep a Super Tinker on the counter for just the same purpose. The scissors come in handy more times than I can count as well!

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Juice Club
Reply #101 on: November 13, 2011, 07:28:39 PM
Really????

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: November 13, 2011, 09:49:00 PM
Yep.

I'm away from my family right now working in a new job.  I don't really cook much now, and what little I do cook is usually stuff out of a can.  No need to spend even just a few $$$ on a can opener I have no need for.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #103 on: November 13, 2011, 10:06:25 PM
Yep.

I'm away from my family right now working in a new job.  I don't really cook much now, and what little I do cook is usually stuff out of a can.  No need to spend even just a few $$$ on a can opener I have no need for.
Yeah, why bother buying a can opener when I have 10-15 of them (probably more  :)) sitting around? The Vic can opener works great once you get the hang of it, I've gotten pretty quick and so has the woman.

us Offline turnsouth

• No Life Club
  • There is no spoon
Reply #104 on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:56 PM
A Vic can opener is a pleasure to use.  :tu:
Never underestimate the power of the fleece

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Juice Club
Reply #105 on: November 15, 2011, 04:50:29 AM
I keep hearing about the vic can opener... Must try it

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #106 on: November 15, 2011, 07:46:25 AM
I saw a Juice on the TV show Pawn Stars today.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Juice Club
Reply #107 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:36 AM

Being used? Or was it once owned by Ringo Starr?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #108 on: November 15, 2011, 08:16:11 AM

Being used? Or was it once owned by Ringo Starr?

It was being used by Rick to open a can.

On a side note I got that money order out for you today.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline David

Reply #109 on: November 22, 2011, 07:09:12 PM
This CS4 is date coded 0711-0911. When did Leatherman change to this new style of their logo?    :think:    :)
Juice CS4 018.JPG
* Juice CS4 018.JPG (Filesize: 88.75 KB)
Hold Fast

us Offline Accujohn

• No Life Club
Juice Club
Reply #110 on: November 22, 2011, 07:45:43 PM
Hmmm, first Ive seen it

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #111 on: November 22, 2011, 08:16:58 PM
Hmmm, first Ive seen it

Same here, and I don't like it. To big for my taste. Is the other side clean or does it have a logo too?

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #112 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:32 PM
Not to keen on the new logo either.  :(
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Pacu

Reply #113 on: November 22, 2011, 10:59:18 PM
i'm in

i had a nib kf4 slip thru my fingers a couple years ago at Marshalls...i bought a ST200 instead

doh! ::)
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #114 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:09 PM
i had a nib kf4 slip thru my fingers a couple years ago at Marshalls...i bought a ST200 instead

I went the other way at my TJ Maxx; I went with the KF4 over the ST200; should've gotten them both. :P

us Offline Pacu

Reply #115 on: November 22, 2011, 11:12:33 PM

I went the other way at my TJ Maxx; I went with the KF4 over the ST200; should've gotten them both. :P

i think they were both priced either 29 or 39 bucks. Prob 29 as  that amount could fly under the wife radar..60 to 80 bucks for both i'd be dead man walking :o :D

either way you couldn't go wrong with either choice really :tu:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #116 on: November 22, 2011, 11:15:30 PM

i think they were both priced either 29 or 39 bucks. Prob 29 as  that amount could fly under the wife radar..60 to 80 bucks for both i'd be dead man walking :o :D

either way you couldn't go wrong with either choice really :tu:

My fingers did for the slotted drivers.  Actually, I think that KF4 was either my first or third Leatherman - so my second or fourth multitool total.  I don't know if I'd gotten a Kick and Micra combo at that point or not.

us Offline David

Reply #117 on: November 23, 2011, 06:48:56 AM
Hmmm, first Ive seen it

Same here, and I don't like it. To big for my taste. Is the other side clean or does it have a logo too?

Only the side shown has the logo. The other side is clean.     :)
Hold Fast

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #118 on: November 28, 2011, 01:53:21 PM
I just found a black Juice C2 on ebay if anyone's interested. Still a few hours to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300623979206?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It looks barely used but has a factory error, the logo is double printed.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #119 on: November 28, 2011, 03:14:51 PM
I think the picture was taken in odd lighting; definitely grey.

Double print looks kinda weird  :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD