Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire LX2 Lumamax

us Offline stack

Surefire LX2 Lumamax
on: November 19, 2010, 01:39:46 AM
I am thinking about treating myself to a new flashlight. I want at least two modes, very bright on high mode, small but very strong, AA, AAA, or 123s ok. The surefire LX2 apeals to me. Has anyone used this light and were you happy with it or disapointed? I also checked out some of the fenix lights which have higher lumans but are they as strong? I also like the matt grey finish better tham the gloss black.  I also like the surefire Vampire but the lumans are going down and the price is going up.  Advice or thoughts on these lights please. :)

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Surefire LX2 Lumamax
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 02:15:33 AM
I quite like mine, the head is slim compare with some of the monster head with all the fins and stuff. What makes LX2 (and 1, and e2dl)) unique is the optic. It's quite different from what you see from a reflector, and concentrate most of the light into large hotspot, and relatively dim spill. I like this for medium to long distance sighting, but not the best choice for up close. The switch is neat too, no clicking or twisting to change mode, just push lightly for low and all the way in for high, thou the down side is you will have to twist for constant on, not simply click.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:24:57 AM
It's an awesome light. I think you would be happy with it. Check out my review here for more info.  http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,12111.msg225530/topicseen.html#msg225530
"

us Offline stack

Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:34:14 AM
Thanks for the help guys. :tu:  That review was great. I would still like to see some comparison to similar fenix, ect... But I am hooked on this light. It seems to have everything I am looking for.

ca Offline gunga

Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 02:38:23 AM
Nice light.  There are all sorts of Surefire vs Fenix debates, plus so many other great options:  HDS Systems/Ra, Quark, Lumapower, Jetbeam, Nitecore...  Depends on how you want to spend, what battery type, how much you value reliability or american manufacturing vs other things, the interface you like or prefer etc...

You are comparing a costly, reliable, simple American made light with a much cheaper, more feature risk, chinese made light with different battery types.  Can't really compare.  BTW, there is nothing wrong with Chinese made lights, many are excellent and well priced.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%