Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone Modified a Vic Spirit?

us Offline Splat

Anyone Modified a Vic Spirit?
on: October 06, 2007, 04:30:23 AM
I use my Phillips driver a lot in my business. I love the Core's drivers but I want an outside-opener and the Spirit is nice and lightweight. BTW, my LM Core finally broke. I had written months ago about cracks along the top/side of one handle by the pliers, right where the handle's metal stops/supports the plier. Yeah, the metal finally broke. Anyway, so I'm looking at the Vic Spirit S.... again.  ::)  What I'd love to do is either take my LM Core's Phillips driver, or McGuyver a replacement Phillips driver, and replace the Spirit's with it.  Has anyone done this or swapped/modified their Spirit's tools?
--
Splat
Splat

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Anyone Modified a Vic Spirit?
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 01:14:24 PM
Here is my Spirit disassembled:

The biggest problem you will run into is the pivot pins. They are 3/16" diameter (.1875) on your Core and only 4mm (.1575) on the Spirit. In other words, the hole in the Phillips driver will be much too large and sloppy to fit on the Spirit.  :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 03:44:14 PM
just send your core into warranty from leatherman, you will get a nice refurbished tool!
B

us Offline Splat

Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:26:10 AM
Oh I plan on it. Now that I've got my Vic Spirit it won't be missed much though.  :)
Splat

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD