Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who carries a champion plus?

us Offline Tsquare

Who carries a champion plus?
on: November 26, 2010, 03:53:18 AM
Just curious how many of you carry one of these and if so how?  I thought about getting one to carry in my watch pocket of my jeans.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Re: Who carries a champion plus?
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:15:43 AM
I don't have one, but at 7 layers it seems like it would be too big for a watch pocket.  Not sure, though.  :think:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

Offline Bladester

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 07:59:33 PM
I have an emerald Champion Plus and like it a lot.  I have 2 Swiss Champs but prefer the Champion+ because all that's lost is the pliers layer, but that makes it just a little bit thinner.  More comfortable to use and carry.  Also, a good bit cheaper than Swiss Champ.  I usually carry it in a jacket or vest pocket.  I've often carried a Soldier (old style) in a watch pocket, but Champion+??

Well, I tried it in 2 pairs of jeans (different manufacturers).  Bigger watch pocket (LLBean):  actually fit fine.  OK, with leather thong sticking out the top to pull it out.  Smaller watch pocket (Carhartts):  top 1/3 stuck out.  Not so good.

Not sure how comfortable either would be for all day carry that way.  Hope this helps.   --Larry

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:12:41 PM
I have an emerald Champion Plus and like it a lot.  I have 2 Swiss Champs but prefer the Champion+ because all that's lost is the pliers layer, but that makes it just a little bit thinner.  More comfortable to use and carry.  Also, a good bit cheaper than Swiss Champ.  I usually carry it in a jacket or vest pocket.  I've often carried a Soldier (old style) in a watch pocket, but Champion+??

Well, I tried it in 2 pairs of jeans (different manufacturers).  Bigger watch pocket (LLBean):  actually fit fine.  OK, with leather thong sticking out the top to pull it out.  Smaller watch pocket (Carhartts):  top 1/3 stuck out.  Not so good.

Not sure how comfortable either would be for all day carry that way.  Hope this helps.   --Larry

I think Larry's pretty much covered it, it'll fit in some larger watch pockets, but not in all.  Good SAK though, I've got a early 80's Champion that I really like for much the same reasons as Larry already said.  I tend to carry mine in one of the black leather Vic belt pouches though.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:23:35 PM
I carry mine every day in my watch pocket (that said not all watch pocket are the same)

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 09:42:25 PM

Here is my champion plus in watch pocket (wrangler jeans).  The lighter areas corresponds to the end of the knife, phillips, and main blade

spam Offline radioz

Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:46:00 PM
Yup!

Right front pocket.

Great combination of tools.

us Offline Tabasco

Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 12:43:59 AM
First post! And yes, I carry a Vic Champion in left front pocket. I've carried a Champion since 1983. Mine is suspended from the front pocket corner by one of these: http://www.tecaccessories.com/products/product.php?II=27

But I used a stainless "S" hook for years, similiar to this chap here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Tips--Tricks-Hang-Your-Pocket-Tool/

My father often carried small wrenches in his pocket with a modified shower curtain hook  :)
Yeah, you right...

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 01:34:33 AM
Welcome Tabasco

Great Username!  Any stories behind that?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 02:14:05 AM
Welcome Tabasco!  :cheers:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Tsquare

Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 02:17:09 PM
That's what I was looking for. Thanks Yud, I wear pretty much only wrangler jeans. Welcome to the forum Tabasco.  The s-hangers look like a great idea too.  I have a champion plus on order and it should be here in a week or two. 

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 08:14:03 PM
glade I could help

us Offline Tabasco

Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 11:38:54 PM
Quote from: ICanFixThat
Great Username!  Any stories behind that?
[/quote

Thanks, its been my nickname since I was a teenager. I love the complex taste of good peppers , also I grow chili peppers and garlic as a hobby, and ALWAYS seem to have a bottle of hot sauce available. I make pepper jelly and salsa, etc. for gifts.
Yeah, you right...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD