Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

the caffeine curve

Offline supratentorial

the caffeine curve
on: October 04, 2007, 03:39:51 AM
 ;D

* caffeinegraph.jpg (Filesize: 79.97 KB)

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: the caffeine curve
Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:34:55 AM
Ahhh coffee,the breakfast of champions! :ahhh
I

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 01:53:26 PM
I can't operate without mine!  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:14:03 PM
I'm a major coffee fanatic as well, I can't function if I can't have any. If we get out of the house late and I am forced to leave without coffee, she stops by somewhere and gets me some, cause I can be ugly without it. It's almost like an insurance policy on your husband :P

David

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 03:33:10 AM
I'm 45 years old and had my first cup last week. (I was trying to be polite at an important meeting) Gag me, that stuff is horrible! :P I'll be damn sure to wait another 45 years before I drink my second cup.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:48:47 AM
I've been getting the extra large coffee (dark, no sugar) at Dunkin' Donuts every morning...24 ounces I think :o

I can't wake up without at least two cups of coffee (that x large is a little more than two mug fulls I think).  I never have sugar in mine, and very little cream.  Nothing pisses me off more than ordering my coffe and getting tan milk...especially when I'm late and I just drive off.  With the clear iced coffee cup I can tell straight away and ask them to darken it up, but with hot, you don't realize you have 90% cream and 10% coffee until you take that first sip.
[

Offline znapschatz

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 05:54:48 AM
I'm 45 years old and had my first cup last week. (I was trying to be polite at an important meeting) Gag me, that stuff is horrible! :P I'll be damn sure to wait another 45 years before I drink my second cup.

As a child I always loved the smell of coffee, but was disappointed by the taste.  It was a treat, though, if served with 1 oz coffee in a cup of milk, flavored with lots of sugar. By the time I got to college the coffee/milk proportions were obverse.  One semester, there was a 50 minute break between a lecture and lab, during which time I would run to the commisary, grab a cup of coffee, hurry back to study and invariably forgot the cream and sugar.  At first I couldn't drink the stuff, but gradually got used to it, and by term's end, preferred it.  Ever since I have guzzled the stuff like a maniac.  Love the buzz.  Dare I suggest you might also take this journey?

So...how about it, J-sews?  Come on over to the dark side. We've got cake.   ;D       

Offline supratentorial

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:54:35 AM
Plain espresso is my favorite but I'll eat coffee beans if necessary!   :o  ...especially if they are chocolate covered espresso beans!   :P

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 08:13:13 AM
I never touch the stuff.  I love the smell of freshly ground beans but I don't like the taste.  Also, I avoid caffeine as it makes you more tired once the buzz wears off because you've expended more energy.  Drinking plain water, or fruit juice won't give you the sudden buzz that coffee will, but it will give you more even energy throughout the day, and you won't be nearly as wasted when you get home.

Working security we used to find the odd guard who had passed out from caffeine use- the very thing they were doing to stay awake was responsible for their crash.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 10:38:55 AM
...who had passed out from caffeine use- the very thing they were doing to stay awake was responsible for their crash.

Def

I've never passed out from caffeine and woken up in bed with a women that I didn't know.   ...looking forward to the weekend!!!  ;D :angel: :cheers:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 11:00:42 AM
I've never been a huge fan of coffee either, I used to drink tea till fairly recently, but I've knocked that on the head too ::)

But then you yanks have you coffee so strong it'd keep an elephant up for a week ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline znapschatz

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 03:56:43 PM
I never touch the stuff.  I love the smell of freshly ground beans but I don't like the taste.  Also, I avoid caffeine as it makes you more tired once the buzz wears off because you've expended more energy.  Drinking plain water, or fruit juice won't give you the sudden buzz that coffee will, but it will give you more even energy throughout the day, and you won't be nearly as wasted when you get home.

Working security we used to find the odd guard who had passed out from caffeine use- the very thing they were doing to stay awake was responsible for their crash.

Def

Best is to start off well rested and hydrated, but often life intervenes, stuff happens, and just when you should be winding down, you have to rev it up.   There is a technique to using coffee as a waker-upper.  It is not a matter of sloshing the stuff down and expecting to be hyperalert for an entire shift.  Like any other drug, caffein should be used knowledgeably, not as just something to wash down a doughnut.

Personally, I like coffee, have some every day, but in moderation and at appropriate times.  I believe it helps my brain function, but also I like the taste.  Or is it the other way around? 

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 04:20:20 PM
I'm the same way with beer!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 06:15:18 PM
I drink espresso every morning.  I know that espresso is not supposed to have a whole lot of caffine but mine seems to have a lot.  I get a nice buzz almost like the feeling when you put in a chew for the first time and get a little dizzy.

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 07:01:00 PM
 I work at night and some days I can't catch much sleep because of other things going on at day time....so at night if they give me a easy job and I don't move much I always have to go for my secret  Coffee & COKE  bomb....

Black ( no milk )  with 8-9 sugar packs and a can of Coke ( cold ) so....drink 
 HOT , and COLD , Hot and cold.......
 just try it  :pok:  It's fun  :grin:

Maybe I'll try : Coffee / RedBull / COKE on these days.... :ahhh   :cheers:
M.TEX

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:58:51 PM
I work at night and some days I can't catch much sleep because of other things going on at day time....so at night if they give me a easy job and I don't move much I always have to go for my secret  Coffee & COKE  bomb....

Black ( no milk )  with 8-9 sugar packs and a can of Coke ( cold ) so....drink 
 HOT , and COLD , Hot and cold.......
 just try it  :pok:  It's fun  :grin:

Maybe I'll try : Coffee / RedBull / COKE on these days.... :ahhh   :cheers:

You'd be wired for weeks with that cocktail, show us some pictures of the results ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 11:39:47 PM
  well I was just thinking and now for sure " I will do it "
  next week at work will be fun  :ahhh   :grin:  :cheers:

M.TEX
M.TEX

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 01:29:48 AM
  well I was just thinking and now for sure " I will do it "
  next week at work will be fun  :ahhh   :grin:  :cheers:

M.TEX

You don't by chance operate heavy machinery do you??  :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 06:43:40 PM
 Whom the gods would destroy,they first deprive of coffee.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD