Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Christmas and multitools !

Dunc · 51 · 4544

us Offline lovenhim

Re: Christmas and multitools !
Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 03:51:47 AM
I would like a Leatherman ST300 for Christmas.  I do not own a full size HD multi so I want to see why folks love them so much.  :) 
When In doubt, C4

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 03:57:51 AM
I would like a Leatherman ST300 for Christmas.  I do not own a full size HD multi so I want to see why folks love them so much.  :)

I see a PL in your profile picture. Aren't they considered full size?

us Offline lovenhim

Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 05:28:45 AM
You got me, yes I do own a Sog Powerlock.  OK the ST300 would be my 2nd fullsize multi.  LOL  :)  I forgot about the Sog, I never use it.
When In doubt, C4

us Offline 6thtexas

Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14:18 AM
I've got a PST II coming for Christmas.  After the holiday, I might pick up a Powerlock if I get a little $$ for a present

us Offline SlackOne

• See Saw Seen
Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 03:40:19 AM
I "got" a tablesaw for my birthday/christmas, and am typing this on a brand new netbook.  So I seriously doubt I'll get a multi for christmas :P

To be honest, the tablesaw was bought on the condition that I retrim all of our new windows with it (it was cheaper than hiring a handyman to do it...) and the netbook is really the family's netbook.  I just drive it more :P

I might luck out and get something from one of my family members, but I seriously doubt it.  But I'm *giving* a bunch of Vic Classic/Fauxton/carabiner combos as "boy presents", and my brother is getting a spiffy gray Buff that I won from Kit Shack.  I gave out Swiss-Tech mini pliers last year...if anyone still has one, they should have a decent pocket-load!
Half-ass done wholeheartedly!

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:17 AM
I "got" a tablesaw for my birthday/christmas, and am typing this on a brand new netbook.  So I seriously doubt I'll get a multi for christmas :P

To be honest, the tablesaw was bought on the condition that I retrim all of our new windows with it (it was cheaper than hiring a handyman to do it...) and the netbook is really the family's netbook.  I just drive it more :P

I might luck out and get something from one of my family members, but I seriously doubt it.  But I'm *giving* a bunch of Vic Classic/Fauxton/carabiner combos as "boy presents", and my brother is getting a spiffy gray Buff that I won from Kit Shack.  I gave out Swiss-Tech mini pliers last year...if anyone still has one, they should have a decent pocket-load!

I want a classic/fauxton/biner widget!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 02:17:06 AM
I've been making use of Amazon's wish list feature, you can now add pages from other sites; so you want a 4Sevens light?  No problem, even if it's not for sale on Amazon you can still have it listed there.

This year if anyone is asking what I want then I send them to my list, it's almost totally made up of cool stuff.  I know I've been bought a few things but I've now got it set so as it won't tell me what's they might be. 

I have worked out that one of them is a Style CS and I get the feeling that I've got someone getting me a Gerber MP600 as well. :)

Looks someone has indeed got me the Gerber MP600.  Also a 4" Bahco shifter and Laplander folding saw.  It's going to be a good Christmas this year. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 03:06:34 AM
I've been making use of Amazon's wish list feature, you can now add pages from other sites; so you want a 4Sevens light?  No problem, even if it's not for sale on Amazon you can still have it listed there.

This year if anyone is asking what I want then I send them to my list, it's almost totally made up of cool stuff.  I know I've been bought a few things but I've now got it set so as it won't tell me what's they might be. 

I have worked out that one of them is a Style CS and I get the feeling that I've got someone getting me a Gerber MP600 as well. :)

Looks someone has indeed got me the Gerber MP600.  Also a 4" Bahco shifter and Laplander folding saw.  It's going to be a good Christmas this year. :tu:

Well how is it you know they got you the MP600? ???  DID YOU PEEK? >:( >:(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 03:18:53 AM
No one ever buys me sharp and shiny things for Christmas.  Which is fair enough as I wouldn't trust them to get the right thing anyway :D
My feelings too! :tu:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 03:47:50 AM
I gave my wife a list of Leathermans that I would like to have.  I wanted to toss an ST200 in there, but seeing as they are a little harder to find, I just went with a list of current production models.  I really hope she goes with one of the charge models I listed(TTi and AL).  That would be sweet.  I know she will get one of the four I listed, because she pretty much said so.  She is concerned that I will just sell or trade it!

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 04:20:02 AM
I asked for a LM Style CS, and today I asked for a SOG Crosscut when I saw them on SOG's site.  Also SOG has given me the gift of a $100 gift card :D

My Girlfriend has bought me a big-ass knife for Christmas.  She used to work in a knife shop so she's got pretty good knife knowledge.

I haven't seen what type of knife it is yet, can't wait  :gimme:
Lucky Man :tu:

You got me, yes I do own a Sog Powerlock.  OK the ST300 would be my 2nd fullsize multi.  LOL  :)  I forgot about the Sog, I never use it.
Yesterday we went up to Bass Pro and looking at the ST300 and Charge they seemed really small ???

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 09:41:40 AM
I got a new Skeletool and I have a CX on the way just after Christmas . Ok I had to trade for them so Ithere not exactly christmas presents but I still get new tools at christmas  :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: December 18, 2010, 10:19:06 AM

I might have, metaphorically, given the presents a shake and a poke. :angel:

;)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010, 09:10:26 PM

;)

Ah, very good then. :salute: I believe shaking and poking metaphorically is permitted by the Christmas Present rules and bylaws committee :salute: :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline AncientMatingCalls

Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 09:35:22 PM

;)

Ah, very good then. :salute: I believe shaking and poking metaphorically is permitted by the Christmas Present rules and bylaws committee :salute: :D
Must be a regional thing. That kind of behavior can get a man into some serious trouble around my parts. :police:

Anywho, I'm not sure what I'll be getting. I think my gf is rearing to get me either a Case Trapper or Buck 119 Special. I think I'd feel a little odd opening the Buck in front of her family though. :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 09:37:22 PM by AncientMatingCalls »
The Five Ws

Water
Wood
Weather
Wildlife
Widow-makers

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #45 on: December 18, 2010, 10:01:32 PM
Anywho, I'm not sure what I'll be getting. I think my gf is rearing to get me either a Case Trapper or Buck 119 Special. I think I'd feel a little odd opening the Buck in front of her family though. :D
Just get her something "Special" that requires batteries, that'll shift focus completely..  ;)  :D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 08:34:43 AM
Just get her something "Special" that requires batteries, that'll shift focus completely..  ;)  :D
:rofl: :rofl:

gb Offline rlocock

Reply #47 on: December 19, 2010, 09:53:06 AM
Nothing sharp or shiny for me.My lot know that as long as I can eat it or drink it then I will be happy.

us Offline AncientMatingCalls

Reply #48 on: December 19, 2010, 11:08:02 AM
Up until now I thought this forum was family friendly. >:D
The Five Ws

Water
Wood
Weather
Wildlife
Widow-makers

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: December 19, 2010, 12:18:43 PM

It is, I believe Allan was referring to a pleasantly coloured Mag lite with adjustable focus  :angel:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 12:24:55 PM

It is, I believe Allan was referring to a pleasantly coloured Mag lite with adjustable focus  :angel:
You are so very right Neil :angel:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD