Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another ribbed Cadet!

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Another ribbed Cadet!
on: December 05, 2010, 12:59:40 AM
I must admit, I'm pretty excited right now!  :climber:

As you may remember, I found a mint (and I mean mint), NIB Cadet at a flea market a few weeks ago.  Since I just can't stand to not use my tools, I sold it off.  I was a bit bummed since it was nice and the Cadet is my favorite knife in general.

Well, today I went to a gun and knife show.  I was disappointed walking into the place cause it was small, and half the tables were empty.  But I went ahead and walked the tables. 

There was a guy with a display of knives, all of which were cheap knockoffs of Case knives.  All but one, that is. He has a silver ribbed Cadet there for cheap, so I bought it! 

The nice thing is this one is near mint, but has a few dings.  AND someone had previously ground off the keyring nub, which I do to all of my Cadets (fits better in the watch pocket of my jeans that way).

So I basically got real lucky twice in a few weeks, and this one I can keep and carry without fear of blemishing a perfect, rare knife.  :tu:

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Did I mention I was excited?  ;)  8)

Since I am not at home, I will post some pics tomorrow.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Re: Another ribbed Cadet!
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:27:03 PM
Congrats on that find!  :tu:

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
I understand what you mean about not wanting to carry a mint example :)  Well done :tu:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:48:08 PM
Sounds about perfect mate. :tu:  Personally I'd have had no problem with carrying the first one you got (they don't stay mint for long you know ;)) but each to their own.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:11:02 PM
Here are some bad pics of my current Cadet collection, all of which are users.

I really like the thick tang main blade on the ribbed one.  It looks much nicer and feels more solid.  It has a much more reassuring click when you open it.  I wish Vic hadn't slimmed 'em down.  Oh well...

DSC_0935_small.jpg
* DSC_0935_small.jpg (Filesize: 50.3 KB)
DSC_0939_small.jpg
* DSC_0939_small.jpg (Filesize: 53.6 KB)
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:11:43 PM
Couple more.
DSC_0940_small.jpg
* DSC_0940_small.jpg (Filesize: 54.07 KB)
DSC_0943_small.jpg
* DSC_0943_small.jpg (Filesize: 52.08 KB)

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:19:03 PM
Nice ones! I guess I should try to get a colored Cadet, too. Such a nice knife, small, elegant, and with useful tools on it.  :tu:

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 05:58:01 PM
Nice ones! I guess I should try to get a colored Cadet, too. Such a nice knife, small, elegant, and with useful tools on it.  :tu:

And cheap.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 10:36:34 PM

Definitely!  The colored ones are very nice.  I would like a red ribbed one at some point.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:13 AM
I must admit, I'm pretty excited right now!  :climber:

As you may remember, I found a mint (and I mean mint), NIB Cadet at a flea market a few weeks ago.  Since I just can't stand to not use my tools, I sold it off.  I was a bit bummed since it was nice and the Cadet is my favorite knife in general.

Well, today I went to a gun and knife show.  I was disappointed walking into the place cause it was small, and half the tables were empty.  But I went ahead and walked the tables. 

There was a guy with a display of knives, all of which were cheap knockoffs of Case knives.  All but one, that is. He has a silver ribbed Cadet there for cheap, so I bought it! 

The nice thing is this one is near mint, but has a few dings.  AND someone had previously ground off the keyring nub, which I do to all of my Cadets (fits better in the watch pocket of my jeans that way).

So I basically got real lucky twice in a few weeks, and this one I can keep and carry without fear of blemishing a perfect, rare knife.  :tu:

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Did I mention I was excited?  ;)  8)

Since I am not at home, I will post some pics tomorrow.

You weren't at the Fayetteville show, were you?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 03:38:33 AM
No, I was at a gun show that is held inside of a flea market on the north side of Cincinnati, OH.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 03:55:36 AM
Just making certain; Fayetteville's shows are typically abysmal, hence my asking. ^^;

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%