Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sanrenmu knives with tools

dks · 12 · 6092

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Sanrenmu knives with tools
on: December 10, 2010, 05:24:07 PM
Just looking at some Sanrenmu knives with tools.

The T21 and T01 both have what is described as “Double-check Liner Lock II” which means once the blade is locked open to unlock it you need to first move a small slider forward before you can move the linerlock out of the way. It is an extra safety feature, which works ok.  These two are quite similar in form, with a locking blade, half serrated in the T01, a glass breaker and a belt/rope etc. U-shaped cutting tool. The T01 has a flat screwdriver/bottle opener and the T21 a can/bottle opener.
Interestingly all tools on the T01 lock, with linerlocks.

The T21 has an FRN handle and the T01 an anodised aluminium one, with a reversible clip.

The T16 has a blade and a, cute looking, wood saw. The blade locks. It has an FRN handle, which feels like it is of a lesser quality than the T21 handle, made with the same material. The saw rubs when opened or shut.

The 737 is a half frame all stainless model with “Push-Open Thumb Stud”, which means that to open it you need to push a button on the side which unlocks the blade by moving a pin out of side of the knifes blade.  This is necessary as one side of the blade is exposed, offering a large surface area for grabbing and opening the blade, so it would have been very easy to open it accidentally.
Still, it’s an unusual concept, like the concept of having double safeties on the T21 and T01.
The 737 is included here because it incorporates a bottle opener, a feature also found in at least one other Sanrenmu knife.

All lock solidly and open smoothly. The most expensive looking one is the T01, but the T21 feels like a better quality product. It is also the newest T-series knife, so the quality/feel seems to be improving further. All knives were below $10 with postage, bought on special offer.
IMG_6224 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6224 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 26.12 KB)
IMG_6226 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6226 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 41.64 KB)
IMG_6730 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6730 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 28.8 KB)
IMG0602A.jpg
* IMG0602A.jpg (Filesize: 12.66 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Sanrenmu knives with tools pictures No2
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
more pictures
IMG_6750 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6750 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 27.74 KB)
IMG_6748 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6748 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 19.8 KB)
IMG_6741 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6741 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 34.96 KB)
IMG_6743 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6743 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 49.07 KB)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline ari6126

• No Life Club
  • Colors!
Re: Sanrenmu knives with tools
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:47:08 PM
Great posts. A good example of the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words."  :cheers:

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 06:15:37 PM
I've got a T01A, the half-serrated version of the T01, I've been meaning to do a review on it.  The design and features of the knife are fantastic.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 07:06:06 PM
A full review will be very interesting  :cheers: , mine was more of a overview. Hopefully I will get to use all of them, or give them as presents to people that will use them properly and see how the knives cope.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:39:26 AM
Only ten dollars?!  :o
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 11:53:59 AM
I usually buy from two sites, one offers free shipping worldwide the other has lower initial prices but charges about 2-4 dollars per item for shipping (the more you buy the lower the shipping per item). Both sites give discounts if you buy more than 3 of each item. They both have special offers at various times.
I have not had any problems with them yet and have bought various items. Ebay is also OK, but more expensive. I think there are other sites selling them too.

The T01A was $6.98 plus shipping, on special.
The regular price for the T01 (non serrated) is now given as $8.53.
IMG_6210 (Medium).JPG
* IMG_6210 (Medium).JPG (Filesize: 22.79 KB)
IMG_6220 (Medium).JPG
* IMG_6220 (Medium).JPG (Filesize: 15.09 KB)
IMG_6746 (Small).jpg
* IMG_6746 (Small).jpg (Filesize: 18.28 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
one more on the same topic
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 01:00:57 PM
Another one in the "SRM knives with tools" theme. This is the GB-763, with a blade similar in shape to the T16, but about 1cm shorter (6.5cm).

This one comes with the black FRN handles, which don’t have a very nice feel. It’s also available with brown or aluminium handles, in some sites.

The liner only goes in the handle for about 3.5cm, that is, there is no metallic internal skeleton in the handle. There is only enough metal to enable the lock, axis lock, to work. This makes the knife reasonably light, 58g according to the maker.

Cuts well, has smooth action, feels quite small, really too small in my hands, and looks, in my opinion quite ugly, like someone stuck the handle on as an afterthought, borrowing it from a child’s toy.

The 6261 model, branded Land, has similar size and the same lock type but has an internal metal skeleton and because of its “wooden” handles looks much better, but has no bottle opener….. so, it does not belong here.
IMG_7375-1.JPG
* IMG_7375-1.JPG (Filesize: 21.58 KB)
IMG_7376-1.JPG
* IMG_7376-1.JPG (Filesize: 20.8 KB)
IMG_7374-1.JPG
* IMG_7374-1.JPG (Filesize: 13.37 KB)
IMG_7370-1.JPG
* IMG_7370-1.JPG (Filesize: 24.59 KB)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:05:19 PM by dks »

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 02:19:39 PM
The one on the bottom with the spider hole. can you do a really indepth review of it? Or PM me on where ya got it?
S

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 07:14:52 PM
What spider hole?  :D

These two are the 962 model made by Land and have an axis lock and a micarta handle.
It is highly unlikely that I would do an in-depth review of this knife, or any other knife really; I am not a “hard user” of knives.
I have seen reviews of it on knife sites and youtube.

As far as I know these are no longer available. I got mine a few months back. I have not seen this model for sale recently, but I have not actively looked to buy any so you never know.

They feel solid, though one of them has a bit of side to side play, which I did not bother fixing since it allows the knife to swing open very easily, something I like.
I have that one as a user knife, but all I can say is that it cuts and stays open like it should.

I will pm you the site, good luck.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 08:30:53 PM
Thanks man. these have interested me for a while. I really need to see what the buzz is about.
S

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
I understand that SRM have stopped making many of the large 9** knives due to chinese EDC knife laws.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%