Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Local pub or bar

Dunc · 44 · 4147

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Local pub or bar
on: October 09, 2007, 10:05:06 PM
Just wondered how many members on here nip out for a quick pint in the evening .I wonder how drinking styles differ round the world , do you drink out of bottles or pints or some other measure .England has just had a smoking ban enforced in the work place so no smoking in pubs now so you have to go out side for one , its already been running in Scotland for a while .Whats your favourite drink , mines a strong traditional ale called Adnams Broadside .

A pic of my local
, just a short walk

Dunc

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Local pub or bar
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 10:09:52 PM
Call me a heretic, but I don't really drink anymore, but if I do go out, I'm unnaturally draw to real flea pit places with busty barmaids ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:12:21 PM
Adnams is a lovely drink.  I like a pint of Bishops Finger or Speckled hen.  Hmmmm want a beer now.  :cheers:
I'm back!!

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:15:54 PM
Adnams is a lovely drink.  I like a pint of Bishops Finger or Speckled hen.  Hmmmm want a beer now.  :cheers:
But what tool are you going to use to open it ??? ;) ;D

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 10:17:28 PM
Adnams is agreat pint can't get on draught up here only bottles so I have to drink other real ales my favourite is orkney breweries SKULL SPLITTER it is smooth but lethal I get drunk from the feet up and end up break dancing after a few pints

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 10:18:23 PM
But what tool are you going to use to open it ??? ;) ;D

I think the biggest problem is where can I get the beer!!
I'm back!!

Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:50 PM
Adnams is agreat pint can't get on draught up here only bottles so I have to drink other real ales my favourite is orkney breweries SKULL SPLITTER it is smooth but lethal I get drunk from the feet up and end up break dancing after a few pints
I hope you wern't wearing a kilt at the time :o

I've got enough disturbing images in my head thanks very much >:( ;) ;D ;D

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 11:26:15 PM
I occasionally go out for a beer.  I like Guiness and Newcastle brown ale.  My favorite drink at the present time is IPA usually of any make except those that are mass produced.  The beer selection in my area is very limited.  One day I will make a pilgrimage across the pond and get to sample some real beers.  Ohio is not know for its large beer selection.  Across the river and through the woods for 15 minutes I can find a much better selection in Pennsylvania. 

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 12:58:24 AM
The county that I live in is a "dry" county. No liquor or beer is sold at all. There are no bars of pubs either. It's very different from where I grew up in New York were it seemed like there was a bar on every other corner.
"

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 02:14:43 AM
Dry countys do suck dont they.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:19 AM
The county I live in and the one next to me are both dry counties, you can purchase alcohol but you cannot go to a bar and get it. It's served only in one restraunt and that is an expensive dining place.

David

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 02:27:47 AM
I wouldn't mind having a corner pub, but I'm too much of a homebody.  Plus, with my mobility being limited these days, going to a pub can be a lot of effort.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 09:01:09 AM
I wouldn't mind having a corner pub, but I'm too much of a homebody.  Plus, with my mobility being limited these days, going to a pub can be a lot of effort.

Def
Corner pub/internet cafe, that could work for ya :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 06:32:15 PM
The county I live in and the one next to me are both dry counties, you can purchase alcohol but you cannot go to a bar and get it. It's served only in one restraunt and that is an expensive dining place.

David

I didn't know these places even existed.  Must get wild near you!  :D
I'm back!!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 06:37:02 PM

David

I didn't know these places even existed.  Must get wild near you!  :D

Me too , you cant beet meeting your mates down the pub for a few jars once or twice a week .

Dunc

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 07:06:54 PM
There's a couple of pubs I go to from time to time, but not often enough to consider them a usual haunt.  I try to avoid any place with music nowadays though.  I like music well enough, but I hate having to shout over the music two or three times.  The bar I used to work at had over a million dollars invested in just the sound system alone, custom built by a German firm, and could only be legally turned up to 30% of it's total power.  When they tested it initially they turned it to 50% and windows on the opposite side of the part were vibrating so much that they almost shattered.

Worst part is, all they play in that bar is dance music.  Might not be too bad if they played something good! :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 10:45:07 PM
I am a big fan of quiet pubs.  If I am going there to meet my friends I want to be able to hear what they are saying and I want to leave without a sore throat from shouting over all the noise.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 08:46:46 PM
I prefer a quite pub like my local in the pic I posted . There is another pub in my village which is even nearer . About 40 seconds away on foot ( honest  :cheers: ) . On saturday nights they have live local bands which is a great night out .

Dunc

Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 09:07:56 PM
I think its ok to have music in a pub if it's more like ambient noise, if you want music go to a club >:(

Youngens today, no respect, mutter mutter ;D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 09:20:03 PM
I think its ok to have music in a pub if it's more like ambient noise, if you want music go to a club >:(

I mostly go to the quite pub but you must admit its good to go and see a live band once in a while , really loud  :ahhh

Dunc

Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:25:41 PM

I mostly go to the quite pub but you must admit its good to go and see a live band once in a while , really loud  :ahhh

Dunc
Ah yeah I've seen quite a few tribute bands in my time, but generally if I'm meeting up with a few mate's I like us to be the  noisiest sod's there ;D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 09:41:55 PM

Dunc
Ah yeah I've seen quite a few tribute bands in my time, but generally if I'm meeting up with a few mate's I like us to be the  noisiest sod's there ;D

I couldnt agree more , I see the same bunch of guys  ( mostly present and ex boat crew ) at least twice a week and were all for a quiet pint  ( or 5 ) but once in a while we will go to the other pub to see a band and have a good night and you cant call us Youngens , were not talking dance music ( yuk ) .

Dunc

Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 09:44:23 PM

Dunc

I couldnt agree more , I see the same bunch of guys  ( mostly present and ex boat crew ) at least twice a week and were all for a quiet pint  ( or 5 ) but once in a while we will go to the other pub to see a band and have a good night and you cant call us Youngens , were not talking dance music ( yuk ) .

Dunc
Nah it's got to be something like a rock band or a nirvana tribute band definatly not dance!! and it helps if the staff nail the furniture down in case the bands rubbish ;D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 09:53:00 PM
Actually I had a bit of a late night lastnight  ;) Didnt get in till 00.45  :o left for work at 04.45  :o :o So I  wont be on here too late tonight , about five of us just having a beer and a chat .

Dunc

Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 09:55:19 PM
Actually I had a bit of a late night lastnight  ;) Didnt get in till 00.45  :o left for work at 04.45  :o :o So I  wont be on here too late tonight , about five of us just having a beer and a chat .

Dunc
I'm sure you earned it mate, then paid for it when you missus was the otherside of the front door tapping her foot, while scowling at you ;D

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 11:25:25 PM
Why do the wives get pissed when we come home after having a few beers?  I know I am straying here but I got off of work early one day last week (12:30am instead of 2:30am).  Upon my arrival home I opened a cold one and played halo 3 for about an hour.  I was headed to bed and when I went to kiss my wife goodnight I realized that she was not there.  It was her birthday and I knew she was going out but I had no idea she would get home at 1:30.  Last time I got in late I got my A$# chewed.  She thought I was going to yell and scream at her and I did not I wasn't even mad.  She even asked if I was mad.  I told her that the next time I get in late to let it go just as I had.

Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 11:28:48 PM
Why do the wives get pissed when we come home after having a few beers?  I know I am straying here but I got off of work early one day last week (12:30am instead of 2:30am).  Upon my arrival home I opened a cold one and played halo 3 for about an hour.  I was headed to bed and when I went to kiss my wife goodnight I realized that she was not there.  It was her birthday and I knew she was going out but I had no idea she would get home at 1:30.  Last time I got in late I got my A$# chewed.  She thought I was going to yell and scream at her and I did not I wasn't even mad.  She even asked if I was mad.  I told her that the next time I get in late to let it go just as I had.
It's what wives do, one rule for them another for us, it's a universal constant ;D

I love women, but there are sometimes I'm glad I'm still single ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 12:01:36 AM
That's the nice thing about cell phones.  Now I don't have to wait to get home for my wife to ruin a good evening, she can do it every twenty minutes while I am out!

Def

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 05:41:04 PM
The answer is don't carry the phone  :grin:

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 05:54:17 PM
 I DO carry a phone,but she waits until I get home....for some bizarre reason she likes the personal touch when reading the Riot Act. :cry:
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD