Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SwissTool Spirit S - discontinued?

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Re: SwissTool Spirit S - discontinued?
Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 08:03:16 AM
Pliers

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:05:35 AM by ICanFixThat »

de Offline Jmora

Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:50 AM
looks like the BO is holding up pretty well.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:50:41 AM by Jmora »

Offline knowsnotools

Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:55 AM
Looks pretty good to me.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:09 PM
I have a BO S courtesy of Dunc. Ultra cool tool  8)
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 02:48:35 AM
Wow, that's impressive. I've had BO look many times worse after a few weeks, let alone a year.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:11 AM
I should note I'd be considered a light user, I don't need to use it everyday even though it is with me.  I use my SAK most often.  I also would not abuse a tool unless I had no choice, that usally just results in injury.  I did use it as a hammer one day, but I was nailing a tack pin with a plastic head. That's probably how I got a couple of the scratches. Really though it's a tool so I'm not concerned how it ages so much as long as it keeps working. You get the first couple of marks on it and suddenly they start to look good.  I did have to wipe it down the tool when I first got it and that removes a lot of the depth in the color as the top layer sort of falls off.  After that it keeps on truckin'.  I think it'll look even better as I use it more.  I never thought I'd carry such a large tool, but I just can't leave it behind.  I always have the silver ones and beauty RT if I need something that sparkles.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 07:28:45 AM
All my BO tools i've had, the bo rubbed off onto my hands and turned grey. It wasn't abuse, the stuff just rubs off.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 08:05:16 AM
Sorry I kind of went on a tangent, the abuse comment was not really related to coating coming off so much as just noting I'm a lighter user.

My coating came off bad as well when I bought it and my hands were black just from opening it.  Thats why I had to rub it down good because I could not have black hands everytime I used it.  At least on this one, what's left of the coating seems to stay put pretty well.  Used it today for quite a while hands were fine.

Anyone else have used Spirit-S BO pictures?

It is really a shame though that it appears the tool has been discontinued; The silver ones really are beauties and if I didn't carry mine to the office I'd probably use a silver one.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:16 PM
I've been looking all over the web for a silver one, but no luck. :-\ Anybody got any suggestions for who else I can contact?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 05:12:31 PM
How about froogle.com? If you're out of luck, I'm sure European shops will have them in abundance (at European price tags though)...

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 05:39:01 PM
Try Knifeworks. That is where I got mine. Hope they still have them in stock Bob.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #41 on: January 25, 2011, 03:26:53 AM
Try Knifeworks. That is where I got mine. Hope they still have them in stock Bob.

I tried them right after you posted earlier Dan. You apparently got the last one they had. :-\

Froogle? Okay, I never tried that before...
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Tabasco

Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 02:18:44 AM
Has Victorinox dropped any clues yet as to why they are dropping the "S" version ? I will be surprised if the reason was slow sales. The local retailer near me never has any of the "X" or "S" models in stock. They are always sold out, display tools included.
Yeah, you right...

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 05:33:48 AM
I don't think they are dropping the S version .

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 04:39:28 AM

And why pray tell is that?

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:10 AM

Well Victorinox hasn't confirmed it has and Tim and other dealers havn't heard either .

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 04:53:58 AM

Well Victorinox hasn't confirmed it has and Tim and other dealers havn't heard either .

Ah, well let's hope not then. :)

Although at the moment, there doesn't appear to be a single new one for sale in all of North America. :-\

pt Offline RageGlow

• Omnia Mecum Porto
Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 10:24:25 PM
Well! I'm surprised! Blackened Justice, I'm from Portugal too and I see the Spirit S quite a lot!!! Just this Saturday I went to Almada Forum and saw two different models for sale (the one with the pointy blade and the one with the round saw type blade). May I add that I already have one and used everyday in work. Its a pretty hardcore use that I gave to it... Regards to all.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 04:01:12 AM
Well! I'm surprised! Blackened Justice, I'm from Portugal too and I see the Spirit S quite a lot!!! Just this Saturday I went to Almada Forum and saw two different models for sale (the one with the pointy blade and the one with the round saw type blade). May I add that I already have one and used everyday in work. Its a pretty hardcore use that I gave to it... Regards to all.

Note the Spirit S has both, the Serrated 'butter' blade, and the typical spearpoint blade; not one or the other, that would be the other models.

pt Offline RageGlow

• Omnia Mecum Porto
Reply #50 on: February 09, 2011, 10:32:07 PM

Note the Spirit S has both, the Serrated 'butter' blade, and the typical spearpoint blade; not one or the other, that would be the other models.

You r quite right, the ones I saw were with the Serrated 'butter' blade and scissors...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%