Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

And one last Christmas present.........

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
And one last Christmas present.........
on: December 26, 2010, 06:36:44 AM
........for me!  :D

After finishing off the last of my Christmas shopping last weekend I had a chance to finally sit down and think of something to get myself.....as I am likened to do every Christmas. I usually get myself a knife. But since Yvonne got me that Invicta Reserve Collection Bolt I have been jonesing for another watch but this Christmas has ran my fundage pretty thin. I had to go simple.

But as luck would have it this past monday I received in the mail a $50.00 gift card from World of Watches. Add that to the holiday sales they have been promoting and I was able to afford me a watch I have been wanting for a while, and it arrived yesterday.........

Invicta 6098 Lupah Revolution Chronograph:

I have never been one for watches with squared up or rectangular cases, but the Lupah style in the newer Revolution line appeals to me. And it's a beast.

The case is made of 316L stainless, brushed on top and polished on the sides. The dial is sunray and done in Venom Red and Black dual layer with raised globe hour makers and arabic numerials topped by a huge curved piece of Flame Fusion crystal which maginifies the entire dial giving it some serious depth and dimension.........

The hour and minute hands, as well as the subdial hands, are done in Tritnite. As I mentioned this thing is a beast with a case that measures in at 62mm L x 47mm W!!! And inside runs a Swiss ETA G10.211 Quartz Chronograph movement. Crown and function pushers are push/pull type and the 30mm band is black polyurethane. But unlike most poly straps this one isn't real stiff, it's much softer and feels almost like silicone.

And despite the size the watch is actually quite light. Add in the comfortable strap that tapers down in thickness as well as width starting at the lugs, and the extreme curvature of the case, and you have a watch that literally hugs the wrist.....

......it's a very comfortable watch to wear. And it's big and it's loud, just the way I like them!

2xTap  :2tu:
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: And one last Christmas present.........
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 03:12:21 PM
Wow- I'm surprised your left arm doesn't look like it was torn off a Terminator by now with the big watches you gravitate towards!

I'm not fond of square watches either, but you are right, there is something about that one!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%