Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A comedy break!

Sean · 11 · 5596

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
A comedy break!
on: January 09, 2011, 06:25:35 AM

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Re: A comedy break!
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:32:53 AM
I found that very entertaining!
Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:55:11 AM
Very loosely based on a far older sketch.  A British comedy classic.  :D

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:31:05 PM
The older sketch is far better.  :rofl:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:31:32 AM
Very loosely based on a far older sketch.  A British comedy classic.  :D

Help!! I don't get the ending. how do we go from washers/1/2" washers/Tap-Washers/Hand-Washers --to-- Billhooks?

It's driving me NUTS!!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:38:06 PM
Billhooks is very close to a common British expression that roughly translates as bullpoo here.  I've never been offended by it, but some of the Brit mods have told me "bollucks" is bad language.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:03:41 PM
Billhooks is very close to a common British expression that roughly translates as bullpoo here.  I've never been offended by it, but some of the Brit mods have told me "bollucks" is bad language.

Def

The English word you referred to (spelt with a second "O" not a "U") is a slang word for testes, and on the language scale is about on a par with that which infers being born out of wedlock. Billhooks is eluding to that word, and is naff all to do with tap washers ....

"First rule of comedy Spike, never explain a joke"

*SIGH* I never thought I'd end up quoting lines from Hi-De-Hi on a multitool forum ......
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:05:29 PM by 50ft-trad »

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:40:15 PM
My mistake... we use different swear words in Canada... things like smurf and smurf... :D

Of course with my international heritage and father who served in many countries in the military, I can swear and order drinks in a number of different languages... :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:12 PM

Def

The English word you referred to (spelt with a second "O" not a "U") is a slang word for testes, and on the language scale is about on a par with that which infers being born out of wedlock. Billhooks is eluding to that word, and is naff all to do with tap washers ....

*SIGH* I never thought I'd end up quoting lines from Hi-De-Hi on a multitool forum ......

In fairness to Grant "Billhooks" is used in very similar ways to "bullpoo". ;) 

For example:

"I have a friend how likes to tell great stories, however most of them are utter "billhooks".

:D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 07:47:59 PM

Def

For example:

"I have a friend how likes to tell great stories, however most of them are utter "billhooks".

I wasn't meaning to "correct" Grant ... just offer insight into the most commonly used word attributed to "billhooks", and yes one of the many applications of "the word" is indeed meaning bullpoo. Others are an expression of shock (as per the more common fecal reference) or "useless", or indeed quite the opposite.

Confused? So was Samuel L Jackson in 51st State  ??? ??? :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 07:54:48 PM

Def

For example:

I wasn't meaning to "correct" Grant ... just offer insight into the most commonly used word attributed to "billhooks", and yes one of the many applications of "the word" is indeed meaning bullpoo. Others are an expression of shock (as per the more common fecal reference) or "useless", or indeed quite the opposite.

Confused? So was Samuel L Jackson in 51st State  ??? ??? :D

Don't worry mate I didn't think you were. :tu:  Given our sometimes 'imaginative' use of our own language, it's perhaps not too surprising that poor Mr Jackson had no idea what folks were talking about.  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%