Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Bit Drivers

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Leatherman Bit Drivers
on: October 19, 2007, 01:25:09 AM
What do you all think about LM bit drivers. Personally I love them. I like how you can have like 42 screwdrivers in such a convienent pouch. They are a tad stubby but I usually don't find any recesses screws..
B

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Re: Leatherman Bit Drivers
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 01:32:33 AM
I like them. The bits are nice because they're interchangable and double-sided. I also really like that they are made out of tool steel instead of stainless so they have hardness more like a good screwdriver. And, in the event you do strip a driver, you can just replace it.

The downsides of course are that they are short, and that you have to buy them from LM. If you find a good place though, they arent too expensive. And I've found that because I run into situations where there are recessed screws AND situations where I need a short 90 degree driver, it's about 50/50 IMO as to wether short or long is more useful.

All that said, I also like the "regular" drivers and know that they have benefits as well...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:40:54 AM
I prefer standard 1/4" hex bits myself, as they are easier to come by when lost or broken.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 02:20:25 AM
I thought I was going to hate the Leatherman ones on account of how short they are. But so far they have not been a huge problem. The couple of recessed screw jobs I've ran into had holes so small and so deep that no other dedicated multitool screwdriver would have worked anyway.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 02:23:29 AM
The couple of recessed screw jobs I've ran into had holes so small and so deep that no other dedicated multitool screwdriver would have worked anyway.
I've also found that to be the case more often than not. :(

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 03:38:44 AM
I thought I was going to hate the Leatherman ones on account of how short they are. But so far they have not been a huge problem. The couple of recessed screw jobs I've ran into had holes so small and so deep that no other dedicated multitool screwdriver would have worked anyway.
                        I think most people had that opinion initially,but evidently Leatherman's R&D did their homework.
I

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:09:41 PM
I prefer standard 1/4" hex bits myself, as they are easier to come by when lost or broken.

Def
me too def i love the bits and you can use any you find in your shed or tool box

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%