Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why I need a Classic

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Why I need a Classic
Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 10:26:22 AM
DO they do a alox classic ? ive carried one on my keychain for ages now, infact the one on there has broken white scales plus lost the origianl toothpick so adapted a old one i had in my box of bits, other than my wave this is my other usefull tool,  :tu:

paul

Alox Classics come in a variety of colors :) You would lose the toothpick & tweezers though :)
I happen to have them for sale (orange, black and silver) ;)

i have seen smooth alox in the past, not sure if i want to lose the toothpick though as do use it alot , i have been carrying a toothpick and tweezers in a pill capsule  atached to my wenger traveller as that has no T/T but i like its tools plus the half serrated blade, i gues i could co alox and get another pill capsule,  :-\  :tu:

us Offline New_World

• No Life Club
  • I EDC a cell phone
Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 06:44:05 PM
i carried the classic for a long time on my keys.
the squirt s4 replaced that.
carry a multitool with pliers and I'm get.
decent scissors and pliers.

just my 2 cents
Quality Control
Materials
Design

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 12:59:05 AM
On my keys I actually like my Artifact... It just seems to suit my needs well. Surprisingly enough, the tool I probably use most often is the prybar, hence my hesitation to get something cool like a Mini-Champ... I might get a Mini-Champ anyway.  :P
[

gb Offline craigy

Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 08:05:30 AM
mini champs are good only thing that bugged me with them is with it being so small and having lots of tools its a pot luck what too will come out when you pull it up unless you memorise the position of each tool.also with me having numb fingers on my right hand can be a struggle somthimes.
A

ca Offline Stirling3749

Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 08:41:25 AM
Some of the tools on the minichamp seem less than useful to me. I mean how long is that ruler? and why 2 blades roughly the same size? Sure those implements have their uses but are they really needed? I love that wharncliffe blade though, we need that on 91mm SAKs.

Hey could someone do a comparison shot of the Rambler and the Classic so I could see the difference in thickness? I'm seriously considering a Rambler for that extra tool, maybe the flathead on the file could handle allot of philips screws but hey, the philips driver can also open beer. :)

gb Offline craigy

Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:43 AM
to be fair its just the confusion to me the ruler i use when fittng shower doors to get the same mm either size save getting a big tape in the way in small spaces.even the cutical pusher is good for undoing the screw on my phone to remove the battery to be honest i used all the tools on it bar the small phillips and the bottle opener as i dont drink ha.but ive now replaced it with a classic and im getting through my days just the same.
A

us Offline 6thtexas

Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 03:38:14 AM
I've been carrying a Classic SD for a while on the keyring, but I pulled the trigger on a Rambler in Stay Gow the evening.  Besides the philips driver, I also like the way the Rambler blade is mounted on the end opposite of the split ring and think it might be a bit easier to use without removing it from the keyring. 

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 08:31:37 AM
Classic on my car keys, manager on my keychains...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56