Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG Twitch I <-- attached to keys as an EDC - Your thoughts?

TCGB · 5 · 1915

Offline TCGB

Hi,

I am thinking of ordering myself a SOG Twitch I to put on my keys as an everyday EDC - what are your thoughts on this???

1) Reason why I am considering this particular Knife is it has a locking mechanism so if for some reason somebody (a child) picks up my keys it will be locked.

2) It has an alloy handle so it will be quite resistant to corroistion and my keys do get a bit of water/chlorine on them from time to time, not much but enough to sometimes produce a tiny bit of surface rust.

I have been carrying a spyderco bug with me on my keys and it just basically cant do the job, just too small and the blade quality/material isnt good enough.

What are everyone thoughts, I want to hear all the pro's and con's, has anyone used one on there keys before?

Thanks

TCGB

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Re: SOG Twitch I <-- attached to keys as an EDC - Your thoughts?
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:08:14 AM
SOG's small AO knives suck terribly, especially the Twitch and Blink.  They tend to develop unfixable blade play within a few months of usage, and SOG will NOT provide warranty service for this issue as they consider it normal.

Ask me how I know  >:(

Get a Kershaw instead.  Chive if you don't mind the 420HC, or a Baby Boa if you like the Sandvik.  Both are super small AO knives with secondary locks, and Kerhaw's CS is best in the indsustry.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:09:58 PM
+1 on the Kershaw. I had a Twitch for a little while, and when the blade started wiggling I tossed it and bought a Chive, which I liked so much I also ended up with a Leek and A Scallion!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:46 AM
I haven't had the same issues with blade play on those knives. The Blink actually remains one of my favorite knives that size. But SOG customer service is horrendous. I've never dealt with Kershaw, but I'd also recommend them over SOG.

If you don't mind a knife that isn't AO, might I recommend a knife from a company such as Spyderco?
[

Offline TCGB

Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 04:57:40 AM
Thanks for your thoughts -  I have a SOG Twitch II and ive been very happy with it since and its been put through alot so I cant say I have the same thoughts in regards to the blade play.

The only reason im not going with a Spyderco (yet) is becuase I would prefer a knife with a secondary lock.

I will be looking into the Kershaw, they sound like a good chice!

Thanks
TCGB

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75