Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Champion?

Viper · 161 · 14378

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
New Champion?
on: October 23, 2007, 07:58:35 AM
This probably is more at home at SOSAK than here, but I don't have time to go to SOSAK (I have to leave soon).

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Swiss_Army_Champion_Plus_p/sa54525.htm

Has anyone heard about this, I believe the "Plus" comes from the extra stuff on the back.
[

ca Offline ufox9al

Re: New Champion?
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 03:44:42 PM
Tim the FelineVet has it in his shop, and with the new style maginifier glass to boot  :)
-------
Alexei

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:35:55 PM
If any of you guy's have got one, please let us know what you think of it as I'm really tempted and I've already got a swisschamp ::) :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:43:03 PM
I can tell you that, IMO, it's certainly not worth buying just for the new magnifier.  I definitely prefer the old one, due to the fact that it's glass (vs. the new plastic) and the phillips screwdriver is shortened when combined with the new one.
- Terry

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 11:50:33 PM
How long has it been out?
[

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 03:03:23 AM
How long has it been out?
There was a special run a year or so ago, then not for awhile. Now they are out again. Not a catalog item so I don't know how long they will be around this time. I wouldn't buy it just for the new mag glass but if, like me, you don't care a lot for the pliers on the SwissChamp, this one might be for you. It is more compact and has everything else and is a lot cheaper (the $60. price in Swiss Knife Shop is BS. I sell them for $32. shipped).
T

Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:54:17 AM
I can tell you that, IMO, it's certainly not worth buying just for the new magnifier.  I definitely prefer the old one, due to the fact that it's glass (vs. the new plastic) and the phillips screwdriver is shortened when combined with the new one.
Thanks mate, I still wana get another swisschamp as I've sort of retired the other one for sentimental reasons ::)

cheers

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 09:59:49 PM
Great another run of the champion. I still havent traded out the older one yet. I just find them too big to carry in the pocket, and I really dont want to get the whole bat belt going with a ton of sheathes.
S

Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 10:17:56 PM
Great another run of the champion. I still havent traded out the older one yet. I just find them too big to carry in the pocket, and I really dont want to get the whole bat belt going with a ton of sheathes.
But the ladies will find you irresistable :D

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 11:43:26 PM
Yup just got to get used to scaling walls, and playing with the cool grapling hook. :ahhh
S

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 01:01:33 PM
It's pretty nice, I've had it for a couple weeks now and it has some sweet tools in it :)
A friend even made me a special lanyard;

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 05:30:44 PM
I've never really been into lanyards but I like that one.
I'm back!!

Offline FredKJ

Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 03:40:54 AM
Is that a Swiss Army Knife in your pocket or are you just happy to see me, lol?  I just purchased one from Amazon.com.  Paid about $30, amazing price.  The Champ plus is just like the Champ less the little pliers and a lot cheaper.  Interestingly I ordered it after I lost my Super Tinker and decided to upgrade.  Then I told a friend at work who said he saw a SAK in the coffee drawer and it dawned on me I had left it there after opening a coffee packet.  Now I have two knives, lol.  It is a great knife.  It does push the envelope for something in your pocket.  The Super Tinker is a bit more ergonomic for this unless you are trying to impress the ladies.  It is a bit smaller than the regular Champ and as for the pliers if I want that a multi plier is probably better for the purpose.  For about $30 on Amazon the price is hard to resist.

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 05:49:24 AM
It's pretty nice, I've had it for a couple weeks now and it has some sweet tools in it :)
A friend even made me a special lanyard;
(Image removed from quote.)

I like that lanyard.  I might be lacking in color perception but is that scarlet and gray I see?  I have a scarlet and gray lanyard on one of my SAKs.  I am an OSU football fan and I just had to have the lanyard to match the team colors.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 06:10:10 AM
lol scarlet and forest green!

Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:14:08 AM
Is that a Swiss Army Knife in your pocket or are you just happy to see me, lol?  I just purchased one from Amazon.com.  Paid about $30, amazing price.  The Champ plus is just like the Champ less the little pliers and a lot cheaper.  Interestingly I ordered it after I lost my Super Tinker and decided to upgrade.  Then I told a friend at work who said he saw a SAK in the coffee drawer and it dawned on me I had left it there after opening a coffee packet.  Now I have two knives, lol.  It is a great knife.  It does push the envelope for something in your pocket.  The Super Tinker is a bit more ergonomic for this unless you are trying to impress the ladies.  It is a bit smaller than the regular Champ and as for the pliers if I want that a multi plier is probably better for the purpose.  For about $30 on Amazon the price is hard to resist.
Welcome to the forum mate :), I'd say you got a great price on the sak!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:45:41 AM
Then I told a friend at work who said he saw a SAK in the coffee drawer and it dawned on me I had left it there after opening a coffee packet.  Now I have two knives, lol. 

Nothing wrong with having 2 mate.  :)  It's when you get to Def's amount that you have to start worrying.  :P

Welcome to the forum. :nanadance:
I'm back!!

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 02:24:24 PM
You mean not everyone has around 300 SAKs and about ~75 multitools?  Since when?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 02:56:25 PM
LOL! I'm workin on it! I only have a few but if your going to collect things,
IMO SAK's are great. excellent tools, sweet prices, very useful and fun!

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 03:00:48 PM
That's the excuse I use...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline FredKJ

Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 09:49:10 PM
Then I told a friend at work who said he saw a SAK in the coffee drawer and it dawned on me I had left it there after opening a coffee packet.  Now I have two knives, lol. 

Nothing wrong with having 2 mate.  :)  It's when you get to Def's amount that you have to start worrying.  :P

Looks like Def has a substance abuse issue.  I can assure you that I can control my use.  Perhaps we need a thread on a nice 12 step program.  But then I suppose in this forum that would be like Jack Daniels hosting an AA meeting.  The Phillips head on the Champ seems to be better than the one on my Super Tinker.  Boy that thing came back to me like Lassie come home.  I think it was feeling neglected as the scissors spring was broken.  I think they are telepathic and it got jealous when I ordered the Champ.  I replaced the spring and cleaned it up to let it know it is still loved even though there is a new arrival in the home.

Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 09:59:40 PM

Looks like Def has a substance abuse issue.  I can assure you that I can control my use.  Perhaps we need a thread on a nice 12 step program.  But then I suppose in this forum that would be like Jack Daniels hosting an AA meeting.  The Phillips head on the Champ seems to be better than the one on my Super Tinker.  Boy that thing came back to me like Lassie come home.  I think it was feeling neglected as the scissors spring was broken.  I think they are telepathic and it got jealous when I ordered the Champ.  I replaced the spring and cleaned it up to let it know it is still loved even though there is a new arrival in the home.
Good man, sak's do get terribly jealous of each other if one gets more pocket time ::)

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 10:02:36 PM
I just have accepted the fact that I have a problem.  I keep buying Saks and Multis at a record pace.  They get Jealous easily but they know that if they misbehave they go into the trunk and they never return again.

Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 10:04:30 PM
I just have accepted the fact that I have a problem.  I keep buying Saks and Multis at a record pace.  They get Jealous easily but they know that if they misbehave they go into the trunk and they never return again.
:D :D

Offline FredKJ

Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:05 PM

Darn just because I have a second one now I didn't feel like I needed a support group or something.  Am I in denial if I don't think I have a problem yet?  I do have to be careful they don't get jealous.  I didn't know they were so sensitive.  If I have a problem I can imagine what Def is dealing with.  He needs to watch Big Love or something.  Now I need one with a flash drive as I am a computer consultant so I feel the Jonesing coming on.

Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 11:08:56 PM

Darn just because I have a second one now I didn't feel like I needed a support group or something.  Am I in denial if I don't think I have a problem yet?  I do have to be careful they don't get jealous.  I didn't know they were so sensitive.  If I have a problem I can imagine what Def is dealing with.  He needs to watch Big Love or something.  Now I need one with a flash drive as I am a computer consultant so I feel the Jonesing coming on.
You are in denial, but don't panic as it doesn't last long :D

Besides your gona have to get at least one more sak to keep the one at home company :D

Offline FredKJ

Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 11:34:19 PM

Besides your gona have to get at least one more sak to keep the one at home company :D

Darn I didn't know that there was so much to know about owning a SAK.  I've had one for decades but didn't understand all the interpersonal dynamics.  I do have a Gerber multi-plier that can keep the other one company.  I just didn't know there was all this "relationship" stuff to deal with.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 11:36:07 PM

Darn I didn't know that there was so much to know about owning a SAK.  I've had one for decades but didn't understand all the interpersonal dynamics.  I do have a Gerber multi-plier that can keep the other one company.  I just didn't know there was all this "relationship" stuff to deal with.

No you need another multi to keep the Gerber company.  :D
I'm back!!

Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 11:37:07 PM
Well you see you've got a bigger problem now, as the sak is swiss and the gerber only speaks english, so your gona have to buy another english speaking multi and another sak :D

Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 11:38:15 PM
Spookey exactly one minute apart mr benner :o

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!