Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BuckTool collectors unite.

AHB · 214 · 46589

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: BuckTool collectors unite.
Reply #150 on: May 16, 2014, 06:59:27 AM
Good to see you again LB! Hope you get up and running soon.    :tu:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #151 on: May 16, 2014, 04:49:10 PM
Thanks for the wake up message gregozedobe. Been gone awhile as the mother board in my computer died so I have to use other computers. What a pain and some of my info is gone. Plus some thing happened to my PhotoBucket and all my pictures seem to be missing. Hope to get a new computer soon.
The 360 BuckTools with crescent ground Nail Nicks were made for LL Bean. LL Bean customers said they liked the BuckTool how ever they complained the blades were to hard to open with no Nail Nicks so Buck ground crescent Nail Nicks into the blades to fill the order. After that order the new BuckTools had the "hole" nail nick. Not sure of the quantity made but it is a low number. Ironically I caught one recently on the bay, after 4 years of fishing.

:woohoo:

Glad to see you back online. :cheers: I noticed the missing pictures some time ago and was jut checking when you last logged in two days ago. I was getting worried. Hope you'll manage to figure out the problem with the Photobucket pics and manage to retreave the pictures from your old computer. If it was the motherboard that died, then just adding the old hard dick drive in the new computer should get you access to the old files no problem. :cheers:

If you'll have problems getting access to them, just ask here in the forum, we have a few computer techs here who would gladly help you out. :tu:

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #152 on: May 18, 2014, 05:20:49 AM
Here is a sample of the 360 BuckTool with Crescent Nail Nick made for LL Bean.

us Offline David

Reply #153 on: May 18, 2014, 05:23:48 AM
Thank you for the pics LB!
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #154 on: May 18, 2014, 08:20:49 AM
Here is a sample of the 360 BuckTool with Crescent Nail Nick made for LL Bean.
That's them, thanks for the photos LB
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #155 on: September 12, 2014, 02:51:24 AM
Today I finally snagged a Buck 360WM (5 notch file, same as the Harley-Davidson branded version, and SE Sheepsfoot blade).  I've been looking for one of these for a while, but they don't seem to come up for sale very often.  I think (hope ?) that completes my set of regular production 360's.  :D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #156 on: September 14, 2014, 02:43:33 AM
gregozedobe
Glad to see you got one you were looking for. As I have not gone back through this thread, so not sure if this list is already posted. I have a list I have assembled with most BuckTool models.
I have not added any to my collection lately. I found an odd 360 on Ebay but lost the bid Oh well.
The list of significant Buck models:

360 BuckTool Variation 1 NO Nail Nicks 1996
360 BuckTool Variation 2 Nail nicks added 1997
360 BuckTool Variation 3 lanyard loop replaces 1 Phillips driver 2000
360WM Workman 5 notch (wire strippers)
360BK (black oxide finish)
360CM (Advantage camo finish)
360CL (with belt clip)
360FL (with file blade, two variations) 1 notch & 5 notch
360HD Harley Davidson w/tool set
355 BuckLite
350 MiniBuck
350BK (MiniBuck, with black oxide finish)

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #157 on: September 14, 2014, 06:42:32 AM
All of my pictures were lost from my PhotoBucket account. So I have started reloading my pictures and I will start posting them on here.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #158 on: September 14, 2014, 12:14:25 PM
All of my pictures were lost from my PhotoBucket account. So I have started reloading my pictures and I will start posting them on here.

If you need help with adding the pics to relevant threads with broken IMG links, let me know. You can send me the links per PM and I'll add them in the correct place. :salute:

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #159 on: September 14, 2014, 12:52:11 PM
gregozedobe
Glad to see you got one you were looking for. As I have not gone back through this thread, so not sure if this list is already posted. I have a list I have assembled with most BuckTool models.
I have not added any to my collection lately. I found an odd 360 on Ebay but lost the bid Oh well.
The list of significant Buck models:

360 BuckTool Variation 1 NO Nail Nicks 1996
360 BuckTool Variation 2 Nail nicks added 1997
360 BuckTool Variation 3 lanyard loop replaces 1 Phillips driver 2000
360WM Workman 5 notch (wire strippers)
360BK (black oxide finish)
360CM (Advantage camo finish)
360CL (with belt clip)
360FL (with file blade, two variations) 1 notch & 5 notch
360HD Harley Davidson w/tool set
355 BuckLite
350 MiniBuck
350BK (MiniBuck, with black oxide finish)

TLB, thanks for the list.  :tu:  :salute: 

After reading it I now have some questions of the resident MTo Bucktool guru  ;) 

Q1 What is the difference(s) between the 360WM and the 360FL with 5 notches ?

Q2 Is your 360BK black oxide(BO) or Diamond-Like Coating(DLC) ?  Mine definitely feels more like DLC than BO

Q3  Do you class the First Production Run (FPR) 360 and 355 as regular production tools ?  I sort of think they are  ???

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #160 on: September 14, 2014, 10:07:00 PM
Thanks enki_ck
I will do that so the pictures can be put in the proper place. I still am unsure what happened to my PhotoBucket account.

gregozedobe

What is the difference(s) between the 360WM and the 360FL with 5 notches
 The 360WM Workman/Harley Davidson have 5 wire strippers. The 360FL has 1 wire stripper. The list below is off on that point, I need to be careful when I copy and paste.

Is your 360BK black oxide(BO) or Diamond-Like Coating(DLC) ?  Mine definitely feels more like DLC than BO
 The 360BK is listed as having Black Oxide coating. I think with handling it may get polished some to give it a smoother appearance. I have Buck knives with DLC and it is definitely a higher gloss finish than my 360BK

Do you class the First Production Run (FPR) 360 and 355 as regular production tools ?  I sort of think they are
 Buck made a numbered run of 400 FPR 360's and 300 FPR numbered 355's that were engraved as such. These were done for the BCCI (Buck Collectors Club)

Can you post a picture of your 360BK so I can see the finish?

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #161 on: September 15, 2014, 04:36:45 AM
I just found my old buck tool in a box of winter stuff I drug out.

It's got a broken plane blade.

I'd like to get it fixed but I doubt buck will still have parts.
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #162 on: September 15, 2014, 06:59:33 AM
I just found my old buck tool in a box of winter stuff I drug out.

It's got a broken plane blade.

I'd like to get it fixed but I doubt buck will still have parts.

Yes the BuckTool parts are gone. If you send it in you would most likely get an X-Tract as a replacement.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #163 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27:37 PM
bumpity bump.. :D

2 for $10..i couldn't pass up. Buck Model 355 and 360. They appeared to be coated in cosmoline when i bought them. I'm still in the clean up phase of the tools but thought i'd share. No rust, tools looks to be in good shape. I found these on the app site Letgo. I recommend it for finding cheap multis and knives. I'm gonna let these soak for a bit in Pacu's secret cosmoline remover followed by tool lube for a couple days and go after them with a nylon brush/ pipe cleaners.

:like:    :MTO:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #164 on: August 24, 2016, 05:53:02 AM
Nice score..  :ahhh :tu:

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #165 on: March 30, 2017, 12:45:04 PM
I just won an unusual Buck 360 on ebay.  I bought it because it has a nail nick on the serrated blade (this was usually only on the LL Bean version), but the combo blade has the nail slot (as per later production 360's).  Seeing as these MTs have rivets, not screws I'm guessing this was made after the LL Bean run was finished, but the factory still had some serrated blades with nail nicks left over, so in the spirit of "waste not, want not" they used them up with regular slotted combo blades.

I had a bit of competition for this one, presumably from a fellow Buck collector, and I was wondering if it was anyone on here ?  (no hard feelings over the price I paid, just curious)

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #166 on: April 02, 2017, 01:25:29 AM
gregozedobe

Glad to see you out bid me on that.  ;)  I was hoping who ever won it had an idea what they were getting. I think your evaluation is correct on the way it was made. The only other idea was it may have been sent back for warranty work. What ever the case, if you ever want to part with it let me know. Again nice score and please post pictures here when you get it.   :tu:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #167 on: May 11, 2017, 03:55:44 AM
Ok, I have a few of these BuckTools and have always wondered the purpose behind a 1/3 Serrated Blade paired with a fully serrated blade. Any thoughts?
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #168 on: May 11, 2017, 08:49:06 AM
Ok, I have a few of these BuckTools and have always wondered the purpose behind a 1/3 Serrated Blade paired with a fully serrated blade. Any thoughts?

I could never figure that out myself.  Maybe the designer had a surplus of combo blades to be used up, and they never got around to changing the design ?

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #169 on: August 07, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
I just added a Buck Minitool 350 to my collection.  Much smaller than I expected.  I'm disappointed because it is extremely loose,  so it isn't a very good pocket tool.  On the other hand I am impressed with the quality of this diminutive multi tool. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #170 on: August 18, 2017, 05:56:38 AM
Got me a BuckTool now and I really like it. Unfortunately it would not suit my personal work needs, so it will be a shelf queen. It is nearly perfect, with just a 1/64th" bit of pitting inside a handle. Tools are unused and the tool is tight. Blades are untouched and razor sharp. It has the two three sided phillips. Tools are well made and the non clumping is awesome with the locking system and half stops.
This is a tool every MT collector should have at least one of..IMO. After seeing the smallish size of this 360, I will stick with it being my only BuckTool though(I like mid size and HD MTs the best). The 350 & 355 must be tiny, huh? They cost more than the 360 too(I paid $33 for my 360)! :o
20170817_224747.jpeg
* 20170817_224747.jpeg (Filesize: 58.77 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #171 on: August 18, 2017, 03:38:22 PM
The 355 isn't a great deal smaller than the 360, but as Yadda says the 350 is very, very small (and way too many of them have loose plier/handle pivots - it must be a design flaw).

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #172 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:41 PM
The rivets can be crushed in a press to fix that, but only if someone is actually going to use their tool. It will cause a cosmetic issue, though acceptable and small,  to press the rivets tighter.
I use the press at work to tighten plier heads at work when they get loose and the cutters fail. A minor blemish is a small price for a daily user tool to function well. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #173 on: August 19, 2017, 11:08:54 PM
What do you guys think about a badge for BuckTool enthusiats?

* FullSizeRender-2.jpg (Filesize: 9.42 KB)
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #174 on: March 26, 2018, 04:48:15 AM
My Buck family pics.
IMG_0379.JPG
* IMG_0379.JPG (Filesize: 164.28 KB)
IMG_0380.JPG
* IMG_0380.JPG (Filesize: 169.29 KB)
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #175 on: March 26, 2018, 07:09:57 AM
My Buck family pics.
Nice! :like:
Even though I said I wouldn't seek out the 355 & 350, I bought one of each.  :ahhh

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #176 on: March 26, 2018, 08:00:16 PM
I love the BuckTools - but not so easy to find in Germany...

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #177 on: April 13, 2018, 07:58:34 AM
Does anyone have an idea about the dots on the pliers where the plierstop springs go into? (second pic)
One side has four dots, the other has five, in the arrangement of dice sides. :think:

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #178 on: April 25, 2018, 06:08:14 AM
ReamerPunch nice BuckTool. It is nice you have a box and paper work. Would you mind posting a picture of the open tool so I can tell what variation you have.

I find it interesting how after many years of collecting BuckTools, you discover something I have never noticed before. I looked at my BuckTools and found 1, 2,3,4,5 and 6 dot tools. My first guess is a date code, as the evolution of the tool seems to coincide with the number of dots. The number of dots differ on all tools I have from one side of the head to the other. Like 2 dots one side the other 3 dots. So this may have aided in assembly.  I will be in contact with Buck to see if any one can give me an answer. I will try this weekend to post pictures of the dot variation I have.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #179 on: April 25, 2018, 06:33:38 AM
Hey Longbow,
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but my 360 doesn't have any dots.
Pics with 355 and 350. And 360 & 355 with tools out.

On a side note: finally have one of each. :woohoo:

Nice find on the NIB BuckTool, Reamerpunch!
20180424_231552-1.jpeg
* 20180424_231552-1.jpeg (Filesize: 126.37 KB)
20180424_231954-1.jpeg
* 20180424_231954-1.jpeg (Filesize: 113.99 KB)
20180424_232136-1.jpeg
* 20180424_232136-1.jpeg (Filesize: 161.33 KB)
20180424_232442-1.jpeg
* 20180424_232442-1.jpeg (Filesize: 148.17 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%