Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Resizing pictures for EDCSource

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Frustrated with EDCSource
Reply #30 on: February 20, 2011, 07:07:53 PM
I'd like to apologize to Grant if my thread offended.  I would never intentionally post anything that would upset anyone on this site, that has been so helpful, kind and generous to me. 

I probably should have titled this thread, "how to resize a picture" or something like that and focus more on my own inability to properly use the site.   It was an unfortunate oversight on my part and I regret that I didn't exercise a little more consideration before posting.

Deepest apologies.

People do things when they are frustrated that they wouldn't normally do.  Let's call this one forgiven and move on.

Meanwhile, here is how I resize pictures- this one probably should have been stickied with the Uploading Pictures thread, but for some reason it never was.

Shrinking Pictures

It's not the best way I'm sure, but it is fast, easy and something you can do with any Windows machine, whether it's Win98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista or 7.  I know, because this is the method I've been using since I first got a computer, and almost every picture on the main site here, in my Photobucket account and on SOSAKOnline has been shrunk with this method.  And that's a lot of pictures....

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sticky that thread as well since there's obviously a need for it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Re: Resizing pictures for EDCSource
Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:16:53 AM
If you use Windows XP (I know, it's old ;) ), Microsoft's Image Resizer PowerToy may be the easiest way to resize pictures :P
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:21 AM
pretty sure most cameras have settings on the image size (dimensions) as well as megapixel (resolution) settings... at least every digital camera I've used has.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 12:20:36 PM
I usually take all my pics at max resolution so I can zoom in on individual pieces if necessary.  When taking detail oriented shots like tang stamps, scratches or other markings I find the max resolution is very important.

I also use Microsoft Outlook (yes, the email program!) to batch resize photos- the pictures I take at work and the pictures I took of The Strip in Las Vegas (in my Facebook account) were batch resized using Outlook.  What you do is highlight all the photos on your computer, right click and choose "Send To" then "Mail Recipient."  It will then ask you what resolution you would like to shrink them to, and gives you the approximate size the photos will be when the process is finished.  Then it will take a second or two depending on how many images it has to resize, and will open an email with all the photos listed in the attachment section.  I make a folder called "Reduced" or something similar, highlight the pictures i nthe email and save them in the new folder.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%