Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New SAK!

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
New SAK!
on: October 28, 2007, 06:18:31 PM
I was able to come across a some extra cash (whoo!) a while back, but couldn't decide what to do..after several trips to various places I finally decided to replace my wenger SI (a great knife still, but I've gotten attached to it and I'm afraid to lose it...). I came across a clearance deal at the local target for a vic hiker with a gardener utility knife with it...I'm really pleased with it and can't wait to put it through the paces...It's a big plus having the small blade option along with a "real" phillips driver (comes in real handy changing batteries on my son's toys!). The wood saw is going to probably get put to use soon enough when it comes time to clean out the fencerow behind my property...to get into those small places where stuff likes to grow...The size is good also because it's not too big and can still ride in my pocket okay...I just hope the scales hold up okay...but alox has a habit of spoiling you, but it's nice to have a toothpick at your disposal... :D

I didn't think much about the gardener when I was purchasing the hiker, but it's a really solid knife and will probaly see use as a "dirty work" knife...It's razor sharp and has a good feel in the hand. A definite bonus.

I'll try to post a full review in the review section after I've had a chance to use the knife in the "real world" for a while. ;)
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: New SAK!
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 08:17:02 PM
Someone gave me a Vic Gardener a few years ago. Like Def says, they are sharp as a laser. I use mine a lot.

But what about this Hiker? Got a picture of it?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:21:37 PM
Sorry, No pics yet...I'll take care of that when I get the review done, in the meantime here's a link to SMKW's page on it, it's pretty much exactly like it.

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/product.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=117&CatalogName=&PriceStart=&PriceEnd=&Feature=&SearchText=hiker&list=10&range=1&order=Default&SKU=V5043R
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 11:33:11 PM
Great, thanks! I added that picture and a few notes to the Hiker page at SAKWiki HERE.

Check it out if you get a moment and let me know if there's any other info that should be added.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 03:17:54 AM
The Gardener (and it's brothers the Grafter and Pruner) are some of the "Sleeper" knives I love. They have great utility and the size is perfect. Alas, the entire line is no longer in production. Sigh...........
T

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 03:43:38 AM
The 100mm series are among the best folders made by anybody..my Gardener sees a fair amount of pocket time and use.
I

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:53:12 AM
I carried a camper for years, which is almost identical to your hiker, and I never had any problems with the scales :)

You've got yourself a very fine knife there mate :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD