Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Walking Dead: Gerber EAB

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
The Walking Dead: Gerber EAB
on: November 29, 2010, 05:53:42 PM
Amici,
As I watched the newest zombie flick, "the Walking Dead" based on the 12 volume series on AMC, lasts nights episode showed a glimpse of a MT in use. About 30 minutes in, we see one of the female survivors whittling a stick near a campfire with of all things, a Gerber EAB..

Although not really considered a MT, some might disagree, but it does have a pocket clip does cut, and folds weighing in at only 2.2 oz. so it belongs here.

Interesting though, if I was living in a post-apocolyptic world, a box cutter is the last tool I would want to be using. But again, remember this is Hollywood.

Cheers,
Serge
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The Walking Dead: Gerber EAB
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:34 PM
Of all the knives in the world, why on Earth would someone want to whittle a stick with one of those?  :think:

Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:09:47 PM
And we could spear fish out of the lagoon with a harpoon made from a SAK toothpick  :tu:
SAW

ca Offline PyroJames

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 05:41:03 PM
I love this series and can't wait for the second season.  As for the EAB, I can imagine the benefits of having one in a zombie apocalypse.  t's small and lightweight (which makes it good for when you need to run from zombies and travel light) plus the replaceable blades really saves the person time and energy from constantly having to sharpen it.

Then again, the director probably wanted the actress to whittle a stick in the scene so a grip grabbed the first small and manageable knife someone had on the set.
This is called a Swiss Army Knife. Do you know what Switzerland is? Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate. - Larry David

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%