Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Micra owners club 47939

Hero Member Posts: 828 Rite of )+( Passage
Re: The Micra owners club
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2011, 08:27:38 PM »
Thnks !  8) Worst thing that can happen is instead of Mini-PST they decide to call it.. Micra PS ! :D

Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 14,849
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
I hope you guys are proud of yourselves!I've never quite got the point of the Micra,and could never justify the price of them!
But got a 2nd hand one via Swiss Knife and Tool for £9.I'm a victim of peer presure!And glad of it!

Although it needs a clean up,I get the point of the now!

Still think they're over priced though!

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!
No Life Club Posts: 4,470 Is there a cure for multitool separation anxiety?
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:54 PM »
Got this from a July 4th - Independence Day - 2010 Leatherman facebook photo contest entry. Was my 1st contest win there.

Red White & Blue Special Edition Micra

:D

• Leatherman Charge TTi (Mod) • Leatherman Signal • PocketToolX Piranha • Wenger 16520 Original Issue • LED Lenser M5 •
• Weber Y2K6 • Seagull S8 • David Hudson Bloodwood Didgeridoo •
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
Now that is nice!

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,178 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »
Quote from: kirk13
I've never quite got the point of the Micra

I have to admit that I never did either, not until I got a chance to play with one.  I went form 'meh' to 'ah' quite quickly. :D

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Keeper Of The PowerCut Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,894 - Allan

AHB dk

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
Red White & Blue Special Edition Micra
(Image removed from quote.)
Very nice Jim.. :tu: I still need one of those..  :)

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius."
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
Quote from: kirk13
I've never quite got the point of the Micra

I have to admit that I never did either, not until I got a chance to play with one.  I went form 'meh' to 'ah' quite quickly. :D

Gave my little bleeder a clean,lube and sharpen this evening,really improved the 'snap' of it!Somehow its managed to replace the SAK Manager on my work keyring for this week!

As a tangent,the SOG Crosscuts do cut better than either the Micra or the Style CS?

No Life Club Posts: 2,327
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
The shiny one on the left is a gift from an old friend. ;)

Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 15,072 I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
Ooooh, I love the PS idea :tu:

Is it possible to make one does anyone know? I have a Micra and  PS I'm willing to torture for the cause :D

I really like the PS except for the inferior file. The micra is just so damn classy in comparison.

A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 31,178 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2011, 06:49:25 PM »

Is it possible to make one does anyone know? I have a Micra and  PS I'm willing to torture for the cause :D

I really like the PS except for the inferior file. The micra is just so damn classy in comparison.

Maybe.  Just.  I don't have any accurate measuring devices here, but just going by eye it might work.  The issue I can foresee is that the pliers head is a bit thicker looking, so while I think it would just fit in the space between the other tools when closed, I'm not so sure that it would cram into the end of the handles (where the knurled fasteners go through). 

If anyone had a spare pliers head kicking around I'd love to see them try it. :tu:

Try not to be the person who blunders around and causes everyone else to get out the way.  Everyone else thinks you're a utter...
Hero Member Posts: 828 Rite of )+( Passage
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2011, 11:55:53 PM »

Maybe.  Just.  I don't have any accurate measuring devices here, but just going by eye it might work.  The issue I can foresee is that the pliers head is a bit thicker looking, so while I think it would just fit in the space between the other tools when closed, I'm not so sure that it would cram into the end of the handles (where the knurled fasteners go through). 

If anyone had a spare pliers head kicking around I'd love to see them try it. :tu:

I will love to see this mod too !!  :gimme: if someone does it please post some pics here  :multi: and in in the original mod thread too: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,29456.0.html   :tu:

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »
OK, I got the callipers out at work today and sadly my suspicion was right, the pliers are about 0.5mm thicker than the Micra's scissors. :-\  I'm not saying that this mod couldn't be done, but I think it would need a little tinkering to make it work.

No Life Club Posts: 3,745 Hack Virtuoso
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2011, 07:31:18 AM »
OK, I got the callipers out at work today and sadly my suspicion was right, the pliers are about 0.5mm thicker than the Micra's scissors. :-\  I'm not saying that this mod couldn't be done, but I think it would need a little tinkering to make it work.

A little grinding and it CAN be done :)

Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »

A little grinding and it CAN be done :)
I don't doubt it. :pok:

;)

No Life Club Posts: 2,577 There is no spoon
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »

Did you see this Gareth:

Heavily modified Micra

Never underestimate the power of the fleece
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »

Did you see this Gareth:

Heavily modified Micra

I did and it's very impressive.  I'm not certain the tips are quite robust enough for what I tend to use them for, but that's not to take way from what's an excellent mod. :tu:

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
I did and it's very impressive.  I'm not certain the tips are quite robust enough for what I tend to use them for, but that's not to take way from what's an excellent mod. :tu:

My concern with the mod would be how the Micra is designed to have the scissors cross over each other when closed. Might be a difficult limitation to overcome with pliers. :think:

No Life Club Posts: 1,793 I EDC a cell phone
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 07:49:46 AM »
I get to join the club........again..............3 times!

Quality Control
Materials
Design
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »

You know, I almost bought those...
Thanks for saving me the money   :D
Great Buy  :tu:

No Life Club Posts: 1,793 I EDC a cell phone
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 08:47:01 AM »

You know, I almost bought those...
Thanks for saving me the money   :D
Great Buy  :tu:

no problem. =)

I already have a couple micras but a few spares won't hurt. =)

Quality Control
Materials
Design
Sr. Member Posts: 354
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »
Only two, both stainless steel, one of which has a corporate engraving [Bombardier Learjet]

Cheers :multi:

"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,355
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
Here`s the Micras I`ve got at the moment. I got a lot of Micras with other tool deals. I`ve given away some but still have a few.    :)

What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.

Hold Fast
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,832 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2011, 02:11:44 AM »
I only have one Micra in the family but that's enough for me to join the club.  :cheers:

I'm the milk man!
Sr. Member Posts: 354
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »
Only two, both stainless steel, one of which has a corporate engraving [Bombardier Learjet]

***stop press*** ***stop press*** ***stop press***
Another micra on the way :ahhh

"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »

***stop press*** ***stop press*** ***stop press***
Another micra on the way :ahhh
another stainless or a coloured one this time?

Keeper Of The PowerCut Admin Team Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,894 - Allan

AHB dk

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »
Finally..   8) :D

"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius."
In Memoriam Hero Member Posts: 561
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:44 AM »
Hi,

I've got 31 Micra's.  Please add me to the club.

Thanks - Joe
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2011, 01:37:12 AM »
Hi,

Thanks - Joe

31 Micras?Mate you a club already...Ignore me I'm just jealous :oops:

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,246
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
Hi,

Thanks - Joe

you need 32 to get in.....sorry :P

:D :D :D :D >:D ;)

:like:    :MTO:
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,832 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011, 02:30:56 AM »
Hi,

Thanks - Joe

you need 32 to get in.....sorry :P

Rules are rules. LOL.  :P
 :D :D :D :D >:D ;)

I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $226.00