Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

AloxWorld is born!

Zag · 68 · 7549

pt Offline RageGlow

• Omnia Mecum Porto
Re: AloxWorld is born!
Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 09:22:02 PM
Congrats, it's nice.

gb Offline Zag

Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 12:36:29 AM
Thank you all for your positive comments and support!  :cheers:

I have now added menus so you don't have to go back to the main page to select another knife.
The path of the website has slightly changed as well (to make it easier to be found in google) so you might have to update your bookmark - sorry about that :-\

I would like to give a massive thanks to Reinier for his help and advice. Thanks a lot Pal  :tu:

more updates to follow as soon as i get a better grip on this  :D
AloxWorld.com

us Offline stack

Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 01:10:36 AM
   Hey Zag,     First I would like to thank you in advance for alowing me to give your pass around tool a try. Its on its way and i have some ideas for some  8) picks.  Second, I picked up a pioneer that does not seem to be in your list of tools. Do you know anything about these. It is new in the box with papers, It is red with the old silver cross, It has stainless liner with loop, No flat spot for engraving, and #99 on the main blade like the soldiers. I didnt recieve it yet but I want to see if there is a date on the box or papers. Was this a knife made up of spare parts or was this made in 99 to comemerate the last year of the old style? Im asking you because you seem to know your saks. I am more of a leatherman person but have a few saks.   

gb Offline Zag

Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 01:15:37 AM
   Hey Zag,     First I would like to thank you in advance for alowing me to give your pass around tool a try. Its on its way and i have some ideas for some  8) picks.  Second, I picked up a pioneer that does not seem to be in your list of tools. Do you know anything about these. It is new in the box with papers, It is red with the old silver cross, It has stainless liner with loop, No flat spot for engraving, and #99 on the main blade like the soldiers. I didnt recieve it yet but I want to see if there is a date on the box or papers. Was this a knife made up of spare parts or was this made in 99 to comemerate the last year of the old style? Im asking you because you seem to know your saks. I am more of a leatherman person but have a few saks.   
PM sent
AloxWorld.com

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:57 AM
Great looking site! 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #35 on: March 09, 2011, 01:49:17 AM
Looks good. Enjoyed it.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: March 09, 2011, 02:44:50 AM
Very nicely done. I've said for a year now I was going to do something similar for 84mm and 91mm stuff, but finding time to do it is another story. I build websites for a living, so the last thing I want to do is build more on the weekends - so it'll probably never get done. That said, putting something like this together is a fair bit of work, so much respect for putting the whole project together. I even see a couple of my old knives in there  :)

Question - the Pioneer 2223 and the Sea Pioneer seem like the same knife to me. Any reason they're on different pages?

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #37 on: March 09, 2011, 03:20:03 AM
Nicely done!
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

gb Offline Zag

Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 07:40:04 AM
Question - the Pioneer 2223 and the Sea Pioneer seem like the same knife to me. Any reason they're on different pages?
You are right, the Sea Pioneer is effectively a blue Pioneer 2223. They have separate pages because the blue knife has been introduced recently as "Sea Pioneer" by its creator. Many people know it as that and i didn't want to confuse anybody further.
On the same subject, the Waiter is in the Bantam section - maybe i should separate  ???
AloxWorld.com

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 08:07:25 AM
You are right, the Sea Pioneer is effectively a blue Pioneer 2223. They have separate pages because the blue knife has been introduced recently as "Sea Pioneer" by its creator. Many people know it as that and i didn't want to confuse anybody further.

Makes sense. You do lose the continuity between the two, though. Maybe link from one to the other, or, put both on the same page and have both the link for "Sea Pioneer" and "Pioneer 2223" go to the same page. That way visitors can get there either way, but can see that one is a descendant of the other.

On the same subject, the Waiter is in the Bantam section - maybe i should separate  ???

Personally, I wouldn't. My opinion: trying to keep track of knives by the "correct" name is an exercise in madness, esp for the older knives, because the names changed at will. Sometimes it's a Waiter, sometimes an Alox Bantam, sometimes a Butler, etc. I would go with what the common "collector" name is today - Alox Bantam. I guess the alox part is redundant given the focus of the site. If you get into making sure the knives had the name they were given by Victorinox when they were issued, then all the old Cadet IIs need to be called Cadets, Pioneers are "Sturdy Boys", Voyageurs are the Tourists, and anything Elinox should really just have a number.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:10:03 AM by jazzbass »

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 11:36:24 AM
Thanks for that. Im starting to collect Alox too but only the affordable ones. $300 first mates are out of the question for me.

Maybe someone can answer this for me. I got a alox Bantam yesterday and it has the combo tool. Is this ment to open cans? i Dont see how as it has no sharp edge like a Farmer for example. The tool is aslightly different shape and has a bent flat screw driver blade, but it has no sharp edge to cut into the can?????

this one

Most sites say this is a can opener, bottle opener, screw driver and wire stripper. I just dont see how it will open cans though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:50:43 AM by Cyclone82 »

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 11:52:23 AM
Alox Bantam. I guess the alox part is redundant given the focus of the site.

That does not mean Zag should not use the word "alox" on his site! It's a very relevant keyword (and so are "Victorinox", "Swiss army knife", etc.).
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:24 PM
very cool zag  :tu:  another place to chill and take in the pics  :tu:

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: March 09, 2011, 01:35:10 PM
Nice reference site. Bookmarked :tu:

It might be nice on the AZ to have little thumbnails of the SAKs next to the name or in place of the shields you have there now.

+1 on that

Nice site...  :salute: :salute: :tu: :tu:

Just saw what i want!  :drool: Electrician Plus...  :gimme:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #44 on: March 09, 2011, 05:42:50 PM
Thanks for that. Im starting to collect Alox too but only the affordable ones. $300 first mates are out of the question for me.

Maybe someone can answer this for me. I got a alox Bantam yesterday and it has the combo tool. Is this ment to open cans? i Dont see how as it has no sharp edge like a Farmer for example. The tool is aslightly different shape and has a bent flat screw driver blade, but it has no sharp edge to cut into the can?????

this one

(Image removed from quote.)

Most sites say this is a can opener, bottle opener, screw driver and wire stripper. I just dont see how it will open cans though.
It may not be the best can opener but it will pierce the can. Some have sharpened the inside edge slightly to make it work easier but that will also mean when you open a bottle the cap will most likely be cut too.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 07:41:41 PM
Looks great..  :tu: Good work mate.. :)

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 07:48:24 PM

Hi Mate

Glad to see another page! Well made!

NM
Get more tools

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 10:28:29 PM
Just had a look around mate, very nice indeed. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Zag

Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:38 AM
Thanks all!

The "links" page has now been activated and many knife codes have been added or corrected. :tu:
AloxWorld.com

gb Offline Zag

Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 11:13:05 AM
Nice reference site. Bookmarked :tu:

It might be nice on the AZ to have little thumbnails of the SAKs next to the name or in place of the shields you have there now.

Your wish is my command!    ;)

Makes sense. You do lose the continuity between the two, though. Maybe link from one to the other, or, put both on the same page and have both the link for "Sea Pioneer" and "Pioneer 2223" go to the same page. That way visitors can get there either way, but can see that one is a descendant of the other.

These pages have now been linked and a mention of the Pioneer 2223 is on the Sea Pioneer's page.
AloxWorld.com

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 12:36:29 PM
Thanks all!

The "links" page has now been activated and many knife codes have been added or corrected. :tu:

Looks good! :tu:
And thanks for the link to my blog! :salute:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 09:35:50 PM
And thanks Zag for posting links back to Multitool.org and SAKWiki :cheers: :cheers:

http://www.aloxworld.com/AloxWorld/Links.html
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Zag

Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 10:25:04 PM
And thanks Zag for posting links back to Multitool.org and SAKWiki :cheers: :cheers:

http://www.aloxworld.com/AloxWorld/Links.html
Multitool.org is where all has started   :D
AloxWorld.com

gb Offline Zag

Reply #53 on: March 15, 2011, 01:46:58 AM
Quick update.
Victorinox got back to me and confirmed all the tang stamps dates; Elinox, Fisher, Elsener, Victorinox Rostfrei
They also sent me 6 catalogues of Alox knives.
All are available for you to browse!  :tu:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 06:54:12 PM by Neil »
AloxWorld.com

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: March 15, 2011, 11:10:43 AM
Cool :tu:

It might be an idea to include links to PDF versions (if possible) for those that don't run Flash.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline Zag

Reply #55 on: March 15, 2011, 09:04:13 PM
Cool :tu:

It might be an idea to include links to PDF versions (if possible) for those that don't run Flash.
Done  :tu:
you can now download PDF versions
AloxWorld.com

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 09:14:32 PM
That's great news, thanks for that.  :cheers:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 09:17:04 PM
Done  :tu:
you can now download PDF versions

Man, you're fast! :tu:

gb Offline Zag

Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 10:15:46 PM
12 new knives entered the collection this week!  :ahhh :ahhh

Bantam (Waiter), Bushcrafter, Electrician Solo, Farmer Firesteel, First Mate (2), Lumberjack, Minichamp, Rambler, Rancher, Settler, Woodsman.
AloxWorld.com

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 10:23:21 PM
You really have an awesome collection mate :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%