Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I need a good reason

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: I need a good reason
Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:55 PM
Well folks, it looks like I may be getting back into the puppy business.

My wife was the first to break.  Someone she works with has a boxer who just had puppies, and is trying to find a good home for a few of them.  Kim just called me and asked me what I thought about it, and I couldn't say no- not when there is a free puppy who needs a good home. 

Nothing is written in stone yet, but it's entirely possible that Kim and I are adopting a puppy very soon- they should be ready to go in the first week in December.  I'll post pics when I get them.  I want to meet the pup before we decide for sure, I have another dog at home and I don't want to just drag another dog into the house sight unseen.

I had Pete and Chinook before we got married, and so I promised Kim that the next dog would be her choice, and it seems like she's tentatively made it.  A boxer is pretty well the kind of dog I was hoping for too.  I like a trainable, well built, home protection dog.  Huskies aren't that kind of dog, and while I love Chinook, I've always missed that aspect of having Pete around.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 11:09:02 PM
Cool, boxer's are really solid fun dogs :) (there also good motorbike engines ;)).

I know is still early days, but have you picked out a name, and are you gona stick with native american tribes ???
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 11:29:28 PM
A Chinook isn't a tribe- it's a warm wind that comes down from the mountains in the spring and sweeps across the prairie.  It is a Native American word though, which I always thought was funny because you see lots of huskies with names like that.  The funny part is that huskies are a Russian breed (Siberian Husky, being the dead give away!) and yet you never see any named Illyich, Pavel or Ivan.  At least I never do....

It turns out the pups are part rottweiller and part boxer, which is something I don't mind a bit.  I've never had any kind of purebreed fantasies in my life, but then I am half Scottish and half French Canadian so I'd be pretty hypocritical if I did!

The three that are left (they think- we are dealing third party so far) are all female, and I think these are the three that are left.  I want the white one because she reminds me of Pete (right down to the "poo stain" which is what we always called the spot on Pete's butt) but Kim likes the darker one because she's got a white stripe going up her face, right between her eyes.  We've agreed that we want to meet the puppies before making up our minds.

Def

* Picture 001.jpg (Filesize: 20.61 KB)

* Picture 002.jpg (Filesize: 23.6 KB)

* Picture 003.jpg (Filesize: 22.94 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 11:35:44 PM
I didn't know that, I thought chinnok was a tribe ::)

I think the second one is the looker of the bunch, I really like it's coat :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 12:25:15 AM
Really nice picks Def.

Good jod the other half doesn't look on here, she's been asking me for a dog for the last 3 years! ::)
I'm back!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 12:46:49 AM
Benny me bud, you never know what love truly is till you've been owned by a dog.  Teach you more about life in 5 minutes than you'd learn in 5 years on the street, and they show you that loyalty is it's own reward.  I can quote all kinds of dog sayings, about how a group of puppies are more effective than trained therapists, and how the relationship you have with a dog is the best deal Mankind ever made, but none of it does them justice. 

On top of everything else, your house is safer with a dog, pet owners on average lead less stressful lives, and petting a dog has been long agreed to help the elderly live longer.  Read up about the Grey Friar Bobby and you'll see that simple things like dying aren't enough to stop a dog's devotion.

Imagine taking all the complications in your life, all your personal hangups and all your issues, foibles etc and tossing them out the window.  Remember the dog philosophy- If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Plus, the values and responsibility that a dog teaches your kids...  If your wife wants a dog, stop denying her.  It'll be the best thing you ever did with your life!

Def

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 12:55:42 AM
I agree with all that as I am a dog lover myself.  My mum owns an Airedale terrier who is great!  :)

Problem is I own the smallest of houses, I mean I have seen larger sheds.  Also, we are often not around so the poor pooch would be on it's own a lot of the time.

Also money is not exactly ample atm.  I'd love one but it's not possible at the moment.  Maybe in a couple of years.  :)
I'm back!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 12:58:55 AM
There will always be reasons not to if you look long enough! :P

Def

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 01:00:09 AM
I guess you're right.  ::)

Don't let her know that though!  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 01:02:36 AM
Gotta agree with the boss on this one. But I never owned a boxer. How are thier temperment? 
S

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: November 10, 2007, 01:10:56 AM
I've never owned a boxer myself but I do know many folks who have them and they are generally very friendly dogs.  Some of them can get a little standoffish, especially towards other dogs, but I doubt I'll have that problem since we have another dog in the house she'd be raised with.

Plus, aggression problems are usually male dogs, and all that's left right now are girlies.

Def

Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 10:31:43 AM
Benner you should get a big dog mate, it'll seem like a hourse to your kid's, but without the stable fees  :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 06:15:39 PM
Benner you should get a big dog mate, it'll seem like a hourse to your kid's, but without the stable fees  :D

The wife likes horses as well.  ::)
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44