Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

13 Hours

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
13 Hours
on: March 21, 2011, 09:35:20 PM
I have read the book 13 uur (13 Hours) by Deon Meyer.
It was an excellent book and it is translated in English as well.

The main character a cop is investigating a murder and abduction when he confiscated a Leatherman Juice in a leather pouch. The tool was engraved and the pouch has lettering on as well. He could not figured it out so he slipped it in his breast pocket to try to figure it out later.

When he was entering the warehouse, where he believed the victim was being held he was shot in the chest and fell down. The suspect, a corrupt Metro Police officer, aimed to shot his colleague, when Bennie regained his balance and realizes that the bullet striked the leatherman and thus saved his life. He had a bruise and a lot of pain.

I don't know if the Juice can stop a 9mm bullet but the author painted the scene very realistic in this book.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Re: 13 Hours
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:50:35 PM
if i had a choice as to what juice to protect me id juice the xe6  :rofl:
I

gb Offline Malarauko

Re: 13 Hours
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:15:44 AM
If it was a Surge the bullet would have bounced back off and hit the shooter....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%