Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Name That Tool

J-sews · 101 · 12430

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Re: Name That Tool
Reply #90 on: December 20, 2006, 07:54:52 AM
Put them together and they both got it.  When I first put the pic on the great Multitool picture thread I included the 32 Wenger not only because it's really cool but the awl works great. I only used it a couple of times but slides right through leather great. I figured some of the SOASAK members would reconize it. The PowerLock awl is a sharp peice of steel also. 
"

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #91 on: December 20, 2006, 12:11:19 PM
Way to go guys!  I think you guys did better on that one than I would have!  Although I have to say I would have definatley gotten the old Soldier model though, but then I am a bit biased...

:P

Thoe old Soldiers are pretty sweet!

Def

* 44_01.JPG (Filesize: 30.56 KB)

* 44_03.JPG (Filesize: 30.75 KB)

* 44_06.JPG (Filesize: 30.94 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: December 20, 2006, 09:50:50 PM
I agree with you Def. Mine is what 74 years and other than some pitting on the blade it is in great shape. It snaps just as good if not better than new SAKs.
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #93 on: December 20, 2006, 09:56:02 PM
Yeah- in fact, mine is also solid and after a good cleaning it could almost pass for new... well, except for the pitting.  I have been edcing it and I haven't been disapointed yet!

Esteban will be getting one soon too (1950 Wenger) and when he does I am going to get him to use his as a model to make a nice leather sheath for mine!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: December 20, 2006, 10:04:05 PM
Def, this may be a silly question....What does the P under the date stamp stand for?  I think mine only says 32. I'll have to check
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #95 on: December 20, 2006, 10:09:05 PM
I think the P means that this was a second knife, purchased by the soldier so he could use one and keep one "good" for inspection.  I am not certain- I'll send Roger a link and see what he says.  He told me once, but I can't remember that far back...  >:D

Def

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: December 20, 2006, 10:22:10 PM
The scales on yours are in better shape than mine but still this is one of my favorite knifes I own
new.jpg
* new.jpg (Filesize: 46 KB)
new1.jpg
* new1.jpg (Filesize: 29.7 KB)
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #97 on: December 20, 2006, 10:26:17 PM
Mine is also 12 years newer... barely a senior citizen!

And speaking of senior citizens, Tim has quite a few old Soldiers, including a couple fixer uppers I've been admiring... Pretty reasonable prices too- most of the decent old style Soldier models go for around $150 or so.

Def

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: December 20, 2006, 10:31:28 PM
I remember a while back I was bidding on a Soldier on ebay that was in perfect shape. I can't remember the year but some guy named FELINEVET beat me out >:D :)
"

Offline Icheatpeople

Reply #99 on: December 21, 2006, 06:05:14 AM
the p stamp stands for privat / private model, as we swiss go to join the swiss army we get an personal sak and as we get older and military retired they have had stamped an p in the knife/gun to show that it is now owned by an retired soldier.

the p stamp is kind of rarer, many times they where to busy or "vorget" to stamp them and joust give them as they where.

generally the wenger and vic wartimers are same quality, the scales are rotting many times and if you remove that early plastic you will find a lot of rust and dust below i tell you...

theyr big and strong made, any alox or civillian model is weak against it.

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #100 on: December 22, 2006, 02:28:23 AM
We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31