Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is this knife?

ca Offline jekostas

• No Life Club
Re: What is this knife?
Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:19 AM
It just looks like an olderer Traveller that was a custom run for a certain distributor.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 01:16:54 AM
It just looks like an olderer Traveller that was a custom run for a certain distributor.
Without holding it in my hand, I'm as convinced as I can be that this is right. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 04:19:19 AM
Well i thought it was going to be a knockoff. Why would a company want to hide the fact its a Wenger? Perhaps i should email Wenger in Switzerland or USA? May not have been a bad buy afterall and might have me hooked on Wengers too now not that i need anymore knives to start buying ::)

pr Offline jatrias

Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:50 AM
Well i thought it was going to be a knockoff. Why would a company want to hide the fact its a Wenger? Perhaps i should email Wenger in Switzerland or USA? May not have been a bad buy afterall and might have me hooked on Wengers too now not that i need anymore knives to start buying ::)

Yes :think: I really should not buy anymore knives :twak: A week ago i got my first wenger cellidor knife and i've been fighting the urge to get more >:D

Offline silentio

Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
Very intriguing. I can't wait to hear more about what you find out on this knife. The Wenger Traveler was my first ever SAK, so I have a soft spot for it.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 05:03:38 PM
Well on the top photo i cant really see that little tag on this bottle opener. Its as if that little tag has been chopped right off/was never there...... yep, that little bit is not there for sure.
This doesn't totally disprove the Wenger theory though.  I've an older Wenger Commander that doesn't have the push-lock on the screwdriver either, so it could just be indicative of your SAKs age.  Looks like you've got the older (slightly shorter) style of can opener as well.

Hi, I'm curious if the Commander you refer to has "Patent" on the driver, I assumed that was only on the ones with the lock.

Just for the record this looks very legit to me.  They might remove the Wenger name because they are going to be selling it much cheaper than the official "Wengers", and don't want to lower their brand name.  Standard marketing these days for almost everything.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 05:17:54 PM
Well on the top photo i cant really see that little tag on this bottle opener. Its as if that little tag has been chopped right off/was never there...... yep, that little bit is not there for sure.
This doesn't totally disprove the Wenger theory though.  I've an older Wenger Commander that doesn't have the push-lock on the screwdriver either, so it could just be indicative of your SAKs age.  Looks like you've got the older (slightly shorter) style of can opener as well.

Hi, I'm curious if the Commander you refer to has "Patent" on the driver, I assumed that was only on the ones with the lock.

Just for the record this looks very legit to me.  They might remove the Wenger name because they are going to be selling it much cheaper than the official "Wengers", and don't want to lower their brand name.  Standard marketing these days for almost everything.

No push-lock = no 'Patent' mark. :)  Given that I'd make the assumption that the Patent is indeed in reference to the push-lock.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 05:32:31 PM
Thanks!  Which I guess makes this case very interesting.  I'd have to say that there is a chance this one is indeed a copycat.

No push-lock = no 'Patent' mark. :)  Given that I'd make the assumption that the Patent is indeed in reference to the push-lock.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%