Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox special mechanic

gb Offline sousterre1

Re: Victorinox special mechanic
Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 07:37:50 PM
E-mail sent, i'll let everyone know what they say.
All mushrooms are edible, some only once.

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 07:33:57 PM
So maybe not the most lightening quick response ever, but it turns out they are selling for 39.81 euro shipped which is about 57 usd. Pretty steep, but most of the cost is shipping and tax. I'm considering getting one anyway, simply because I don't think i'm going to get one anywhere else. I doubt anyone is going to be interested at that price, but if anyone is just let me know. Cheers, Ian.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 08:45:33 PM
Well since there was a recent eBay sale of one at about $150 I would say someone would pay. ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260753098138

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 09:00:51 PM
Well that changes things slightly. 

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 10:26:16 PM
Well since there was a recent eBay sale of one at about $150 I would say someone would pay. ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260753098138

$150 for a Mechanic Jr. is insane; you can still get them for about $30 or so if you wait long enough; gun and knife shows sometimes have them for even less, too.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 09:45:09 PM
So maybe not the most lightening quick response ever, but it turns out they are selling for 39.81 euro shipped which is about 57 usd. Pretty steep, but most of the cost is shipping and tax. I'm considering getting one anyway, simply because I don't think i'm going to get one anywhere else. I doubt anyone is going to be interested at that price, but if anyone is just let me know. Cheers, Ian.

Would it be less if you bought 10 and only paid the shipping once?  But then I guess you need to ship them out as well.

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:25 PM
If a number of people in the US buy them then I could send them as one package and have them sent out individually from there. Would that be cost effective?

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 11:40:43 PM
If a number of people in the US buy them then I could send them as one package and have them sent out individually from there. Would that be cost effective?
If enough people in the US bought them, that can work out.  It's about $5 max for shipping within the US or to Canada, and that includes an envelope and Delivery Confirmation in the US; so actual cost could be less.  Does that help the equation?

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 10:50:45 AM
Anyone from Germany willing to help out? My German is non existent.

sorry for not chiming in earlier  ::)
i've just given them a call, the lady said, they are willing to send stuff to private persons, they just dont like to do it. they sell gardening stuff and with internet laws (in germany) you can take a look at stuff you've bought over the internet and if you don't like it you can just send it back within two weeks.
given that they send plants and rather fragile stuff, they dont want to deteriorate the general state of their goods by sending them and (constantly) getting it back because people just wantet to look at it in the first place. so by ordering you agree with losing the right to send stuff back.
i've just ordered one, coz i've always been looking for a mini-mechanic :-)
if you want to do a group-buy i am happy to help with language-difficulties.

cheers, marcus

nz Offline HawkeyX

Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 01:15:03 PM
It might depend who you get, but when I ordered mine the English conversations had via email were 100%. I had no issues corresponding and found them a quick easy business to deal with.

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 11:44:12 PM
I'd pay that. Better than $125 for a Cadet with a saw.

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:37 AM

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 07:55:09 PM
I'll order them at the end of the week, that should give anyone who want's one plenty of time to sort things out. Anyone who is interested just send me a pm and i'll get them ordered.

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 08:20:22 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Since i saw UnknownVT's pic for the first time, i wanted to have ono of those.
if possible, i'll even add a pin
 ::)

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:13 AM
I'll order them at the end of the week, that should give anyone who want's one plenty of time to sort things out. Anyone who is interested just send me a pm and i'll get them ordered.
:cheers:

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 03:51:06 AM
Details for the buy. The prices are 20.70 euro, $29.58 tax is 19% charged on the total price so $8 per piece, so $38.58. The shipping cost's, depending on the amount of orders i'll divide between the total amount of orders, if there aren't many then i'll pay half and divide the rest. the shipping is 12.75 euro, $18.22.

au Offline Cyclone82

Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 04:15:42 PM
These are 84mm with unique pliers aren't they? When do you need to know numbers by? At $38.58 i could be tempted.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 04:23:52 PM
These are 84mm with unique pliers aren't they? When do you need to know numbers by? At $38.58 i could be tempted.

I believe they are 91mm :)
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Offline njfist

Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 05:58:47 PM
I would like one for sure..

nz Offline HawkeyX

Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 02:43:15 AM

I believe they are 91mm :)

Yep, 91mm

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 02:54:48 AM
Say Friday, for the numbers. You'll have to take into consideration postage to oz, The states shouldn't be too much with regards to shipping. Icanfixthat has kindly agreed to take the drop in the states and send them out from there. Also paypal fees but they aren't going to be too big on $38.

If you're in then just let me know by Friday and i'll sort it out for you.

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #51 on: April 20, 2011, 02:58:11 AM

i've just given them a call, the lady said, they are willing to send stuff to private persons, they just dont like to do it. they sell gardening stuff and with internet laws (in germany) you can take a look at stuff you've bought over the internet and if you don't like it you can just send it back within two weeks.
given that they send plants and rather fragile stuff, they dont want to deteriorate the general state of their goods by sending them and (constantly) getting it back because people just wantet to look at it in the first place. so by ordering you agree with losing the right to send stuff back.

cheers, marcus

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Thanks for offering to help out. I managed to decipher all the relevant information, so i'm okay for now, but if anything crops up i'll be sure to ask, if the offer still stands. Many thanks, Ian.

us Offline Aloxfan

Reply #52 on: April 20, 2011, 05:16:32 AM
Ok, this is starting to get exciting.   :climber:

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 05:30:22 AM
Ok, this is starting to get exciting.   :climber:

Indeed, I do hope they stock plenty. If Victorinox are clearly supplying them, it begs the question, why do they not just offer them to everyone? The same for any model for that matter.  ???

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 06:38:27 PM
i've just received mine yesterday. they deliver fast.
i don't know if that has been discussed elsewhere, but from what it looks like: have the pliers gotten thinner?

they are 91 mm, by the way.
cheers, marcus

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #55 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:30 PM

cheers, marcus

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Thanks for offering to help out. I managed to decipher all the relevant information, so i'm okay for now, but if anything crops up i'll be sure to ask, if the offer still stands. Many thanks, Ian.

it sure does  :cheers:

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #56 on: April 20, 2011, 10:25:49 PM
i don't know if that has been discussed elsewhere, but from what it looks like: have the pliers gotten thinner?

cheers, marcus

I'm sure after a spell at customs and brief encounter with royal mail, they'll manage to sort that out.  :P

How much thinner are we talking here? Still a great tool though? what kind of box does it come in?

nz Offline HawkeyX

Reply #57 on: April 20, 2011, 11:36:52 PM

cheers, marcus

I'm sure after a spell at customs and brief encounter with royal mail, they'll manage to sort that out.  :P

How much thinner are we talking here? Still a great tool though? what kind of box does it come in?

Just measured mine up and they are the same as the swisschamp ones

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 12:39:10 AM
I'm in the US and am definitely in for one. Let me know the total when you get it.

FYI for those sending Paypal - send the payment as a "personal" payment for a gift and they won't hit Sousterre for the fees. Only works if you have money in pp or your bank Acct, not using a credit card.

gb Offline sousterre1

Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 08:38:58 AM
Ok, so the numbers are in. I'll order them shortly, work out the figures and e-mail you the totals when I get the invoice off them. Thanks to all that took part.  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%