Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

free pouch

Offline jay_imok

free pouch
on: November 10, 2007, 12:28:47 AM
i just got a leatherman kick. i have no use for the nylon pouch if someone wants it. send a SSAE - 3 stamps should do it- and it's yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: free pouch
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 12:35:31 AM
Welcome buddy!  :)

And can I just say, that is damn decent of you!  :)
I'm back!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 12:37:17 AM
Definitely a nice gesture!

What are your thoughts on the Kick?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 12:39:08 AM
You are starting off very nicely!

Now that you have the Kick whats next?
S

Offline jay_imok

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:26:55 PM
...thoughts on the Kick?

enough gadgets but simple enough to be practical. i do a lot of "tighten the screw" style maintenance in the course of the day so pliers & screwdrivers are my friends.

the pliers are a good configuration and i like the bypass action of the wire cutters. the lanyard loop seems oversized and may catch on something especially my hand but i am leaving it on for now to see how it goes.

i would like to remove the thick bolstered phillips and add a same sized phillips & smaller phillips in the same thickness space. i would also consider adding a file to the knife side which may involve removing the lanyard loop.

i am not crazy about the curves on the handles but that is more of a design consideration. got the black version and spent the first hour wiping it down with Hopp's gun oil (what was handy) to remove the residual patina.

all in all, i'd give the Kick a 95% - it's just what i expected.

next? maybe the Victorinox multitool

ps: the holster is still up for grabs!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 02:54:44 PM
Nice little review there mate :)

And welcome to the forum :)

Where about's are you based mate ???
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 12:33:51 AM

ps: the holster is still up for grabs!

You carry a Kick but don't need the sheath? Must be you have the pocket clip accessory then?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline jay_imok

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 12:49:21 AM
i don't wear a belt. i am often reminded of Lee Marvin's character in "Emperor of the North" when he was strapping himself to the grab irons atop a passenger car for a long ride in the rain and his travelling companion, Keith Carradine, had no belt so he was depending on his grip to sustain him through the storm. he made it, but it was much more effort than a seasoned 'bo would expend. i digress....

my next modification is to locate a source [read: HELP ME PLEASE] of after market belt clips, one of which i would install on the Kick.

i am on the northeast coast, usa.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 01:17:32 AM
i don't wear a belt. i am often reminded of Lee Marvin's character in "Emperor of the North" when he was strapping himself to the grab irons atop a passenger car for a long ride in the rain and his travelling companion, Keith Carradine, had no belt so he was depending on his grip to sustain him through the storm. he made it, but it was much more effort than a seasoned 'bo would expend. i digress....

my next modification is to locate a source [read: HELP ME PLEASE] of after market belt clips, one of which i would install on the Kick.

i am on the northeast coast, usa.

Emperor of the North was a great old movie! Too bad they don't make 'em like that anymore.

First place to check for accessories would be with Marc from EDC Depot HERE.

If he doesn't have any, try MoonTrail HERE. I bought a pocket clip for my Kick from MoonTrail a few months ago. There was no charge for shipping on all accessories at that time. Not sure if that special is still running.

Bob
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:19:29 AM by J-sews »
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline jay_imok

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 12:00:15 PM
thanks for the lead. i ended up going to LM and getting 2 clips [$5 each + $5 ship] but know it has been suggested the two clips can be used for wrenches to disassemble the Kick.

still waiting for the postman...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD