Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Heads up for UK people

Roadie · 49 · 7598

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Heads up for UK people
on: November 10, 2007, 03:30:49 PM
Saw a trailer earlier today for this mondays Gadget show on channel 5 and i'm sure it said they would be doing a round up test of multitools. I think i saw a Gerber Legend, but it was only a 5sec snippet of the show. Monday at 8pm.

(Roadie claims no responsibility for the information contained within this post as it was on not long after getting his new F1 so he may not have been paying full attention to the TV)
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline cryptrick

Re: Heads up for UK people
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 04:08:25 PM
Saw a trailer earlier today for this mondays Gadget show on channel 5 and i'm sure it said they would be doing a round up test of multitools. I think i saw a Gerber Legend, but it was only a 5sec snippet of the show. Monday at 8pm.

(Roadie claims no responsibility for the information contained within this post as it was on not long after getting his new F1 so he may not have been paying full attention to the TV)

Nice one Roadie, thanks for letting us know :)

That should be good to watch. I remember seeing that show a couple of years ago and they were doing a Head-to-Head showdown between the Leatherman Charge or Wave (can't remeber which now) and the Victorinox SwissChamp, to see which one would be the best for an outdoor camping trip and I believe the result was a tie if I remember rightly.

ps I love the disclaimer you've got there  :P
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 05:18:54 PM
If anyone gets the chance to copy it, I'd love to see it.  Of course, it would have to be a digital copy as your VHS and mine are different formats.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 06:10:20 PM
The gadget show is really good. I watch it every week.

Great for a lot of edc items.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 11:08:31 PM
I like the disclamer too, is the gadget show the one with the dead sexy suzy perry?

* girl_racer.jpg (Filesize: 17.09 KB)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:14:46 PM
The very same show, i watch it when i remember and its usually pretty good, although Jon Bentley annoys me.

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 11:18:50 PM
The very same show, i watch it when i remember and its usually pretty good, although Jon Bentley annoys me.
I'll put up with anything for the chance to stare longingly at miss perry :D

Offline cryptrick

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 11:37:55 PM

All of them on that show are quite annoying, I watch it just for the gadgets that they test.

Suzie aint that nice micky.... I bet you watch MotoGP on the Beeb because your lovely Suzie's on it don't you!  :D :P
[

Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 11:41:06 PM

All of them on that show are quite annoying, I watch it just for the gadgets that they test.

Suzie aint that nice micky.... I bet you watch MotoGP on the Beeb because your lovely Suzie's on it don't you!  :D :P
Actually no I watch it on eurosport because of the better comentary (speaking of which season highlight tommorow!).

I do like her, but you've got to remember I'm an old man of 31 now :D

Offline cryptrick

Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 12:07:43 AM

Actually no I watch it on eurosport because of the better comentary (speaking of which season highlight tommorow!).

I do like her, but you've got to remember I'm an old man of 31 now :D

I watch it on eurosport too, way better commentary, the two on eurosport can be so funny at times and they know what they're talking about.

ps sorry for delay in posting, this website seems to be a bit dodgy tonight  :twak:
[

Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 12:09:13 AM
They do at that, mind you jules has written a lot of good books on the subject too that I'd recommend if you like your racing :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 12:16:03 AM
Might have to read that one day then. I like my racing but when they start talking about engine specs and few other little technical terms it loses me a bit because I'm not a rider, so I don't know all the workings of a bike, I just like to watch the racing and listen to them pair  :D

Here's a little vid on youtube with them joking with randy -
[

Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 12:19:46 AM
Might have to read that one day then. I like my racing but when they start talking about engine specs and few other little technical terms it loses me a bit because I'm not a rider, so I don't know all the workings of a bike, I just like to watch the racing and listen to them pair  :D

They are a dead funny trio aren't they :D

So when are you gona get a bike then mate ;)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24:52 AM

They are a dead funny trio aren't they :D

So when are you gona get a bike then mate ;)

Yeah they all work great together  :D

I might get one when I'm a bit older I think. I might be a bit too quick on them at my age ;)  My family don't want me to get one either, but hey, what do parents know  ;) :P
[

Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 12:28:35 AM
age ;)  My family don't want me to get one either, but hey, what do parents know  ;) :P
Quite alot as it happens :D, I'd be about a dozen broken bones lighter if I'd listened to my parents :D

Thats why I don't ride anymore ::) well that and my son, and the enviroment ect ect...

Seriously if your gona do it, do it now while you've got the reflexes and brain power to absorb all the mistakes :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 12:35:45 AM
age ;)  My family don't want me to get one either, but hey, what do parents know  ;) :P
Quite alot as it happens :D, I'd be about a dozen broken bones lighter if I'd listened to my parents :D

Thats why I don't ride anymore ::) well that and my son, and the enviroment ect ect...

Seriously if your gona do it, do it now while you've got the reflexes and brain power to absorb all the mistakes :)

Ouch! sounds like you've had some pain along the way then.

But I am half considering it, I have always fancied riding a motorbike since I was little, so I'm gonna have to do it one of these days :)  The injury part is always a little off-putting, as my dad broke his arm quite badly riding and hasn't had a bike since, thats why he's tried to persuade me to go about in car as its safer. But there again cars aren't the safest thing about either!
[

Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 12:40:14 AM

But I am half considering it, I have always fancied riding a motorbike since I was little, so I'm gonna have to do it one of these days :)  The injury part is always a little off-putting, as my dad broke his arm quite badly riding and hasn't had a bike since, thats why he's tried to persuade me to go about in car as its safer. But there again cars aren't the safest thing about either!
No cars aren't that safe by a long shot!, forget what the manufactures tell you, if you get hit by a lorry your dead full stop, at least with a motorbike you've got excessive power and manouverability in your favour, me I'm happy to stick with my nice enviromentally friendly push bike and the train for longer journeys :), plus I've saved at least 2k a year but not using an engine :o

Offline cryptrick

Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 12:46:53 AM

No cars aren't that safe by a long shot!, forget what the manufactures tell you, if you get hit by a lorry your dead full stop, at least with a motorbike you've got excessive power and manouverability in your favour, me I'm happy to stick with my nice enviromentally friendly push bike and the train for longer journeys :), plus I've saved at least 2k a year but not using an engine :o

Yeah thats one thing I'm unhappy about is costs. They nail you on insurance at my age, hopefully when I'm 21 it will go down a bit. Also I am getting tired of paying about £1 a litre for petrol  >:D   I have a push bike that I should use more often but a push bike in winter isn't that enjoyable  :(
[

Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 09:20:33 AM
I dunno cycling in winter is a good way to stay warm :D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 09:56:18 AM
Check out the youtube link on there site http://gadgetshow.five.tv/index.htm

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 12:58:46 PM
Damn I just realised I'm working tomorrow night!!!  >:(  The episode I would be most interested in and I am going to miss it.  :(
I'm back!!

Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:09 AM
Check out the youtube link on there site http://gadgetshow.five.tv/index.htm

Dunc
Miss Perry tied and collared to a tree >:D >:D, What time is it on again ???

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:43 PM
Well i was seriously dissapointed with that. The y had the Leatherman Charge AL, Gerber 800 and a Swisschamp......why not the Swisstool!?!?! The test was rubbish as well, Suzi had the gerber and couldn't use it at all, couldn't even unscrew a screw with it (and i know it can as i've done it lots!) and promptly managed to knock the saw blade out of the holder by hitting it against the wood she was trying to cut....all in all not worth watching!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 10:05:39 PM
Well i was seriously dissapointed with that. The y had the Leatherman Charge AL, Gerber 800 and a Swisschamp......why not the Swisstool!?!?! The test was rubbish as well, Suzi had the gerber and couldn't use it at all, couldn't even unscrew a screw with it (and i know it can as i've done it lots!) and promptly managed to knock the saw blade out of the holder by hitting it against the wood she was trying to cut....all in all not worth watching!

I'm glad you said that as I was at work.

I noticed they used the swisschamp in the Which? review as well a while ago.  Seems odd.   ???
I'm back!!

Offline cryptrick

Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 12:21:42 AM

Yeah it was quite disappointing, they seemed to have something against the Gerber didn't they. I don't own the Gerber 800 and have never used one but surely its far better than the 2/5 rating they gave it. Why did Suzi whack the blade against the wood, its bound to fling off, its not a hammer  :twak:
[

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 12:36:36 AM
Its much better than a 2 star tool! Yes its not as refined as a swisstool or a lot of leathermans but it does the job admirably, and she said it can use removable saw blades....so why not carry a spare around with it, one made especially for wood?! I don't understand some people.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 06:59:42 PM
I can see why the Gerber fans are upset . The program was a bit crap wasnt it ? It seemed stupid putting the Swisschamp up against two full size plier based tools . Why not the Swisstool ? I'm sure things would have been different  ;) Also notice how the name Victorinox wasnt used instead it was "Swiss Army Swisschamp " . To be honest I dont think they could pronounce it  :D

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 12:49:01 AM
I have just watched this today, and you were right it was a bit crappy.

What AMAZED me though was the ease of that Charge's saw cutting through the post.  :o  I wanted one before but now I REALLY want one.

Shame about the Gerber though.  Think it was shown to be a lot worse than it actually was.
I'm back!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 01:38:23 AM
Living in the U.S., I've never seen this show. Is it usually done poorly like this?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 05:26:11 PM
Living in the U.S., I've never seen this show. Is it usually done poorly like this?

I have watched it for years and to be honest it can be a little up and down. 

Sometimes the tests are really good but they don't always get it right.
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD