Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone here actually prefer Cellidor?

us Offline alelser

• Suspected Sakilicious
Re: Anyone here actually prefer Cellidor?
Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 04:52:53 PM
I like nylon well enough. I have a Nomad I picked up in Hungary about 10 years back that barely looks used even though it has been rattling around in several packs across several countries and mountain ranges. My only wish for the nylon range is that Vic would add an inlaid or heat pressed shield as they do for the Celidor. That would go a long way in alleviating the "cheap" look to me.
Let us therefore open the book of Nature and read in her records.
--James Hutton

Sakilicious!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 05:50:04 PM

I like the alox because of the military heritage and they just feel like a tough working mans tool. Do we class the 108’s as nylon?

That's a good question.  I would be willing to bet that when most folks that comment that they don't like nylon, they're talking about 91mm or 111mm nylon, not 108mm.  At least that's the case for me, as I really like the nylon scales on the 108mm models.  They offer the best grip of any SAK scales, IMO.

It is indeed a good point.  The 108mm scales are very decent IMO, I even find the 111mm scales forgiveable for some reason, but when it comes to 84/91mm it's got to be cellidor all the way.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline knyha

• Moravian
Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:39 AM
If I have to sit somewhere and wait, and I'm bored and fidgety, I like to take out my cellidor "executive" SAK and rub it around in my hands because it's smooth. Does that sound weird?

I "survive" most of boring situations in simmilar way. If something is boring me - waiting somewhere, not very entertaining society etc. I take out the SAK (classic or something 91mm/85mm and play with it in hands or cleaning it with a piece of paper. I think that it is "therapeutical" too.  :D

I like 108mm scales too - I forget to mention it.

Yes - the Alox scales are the "heritage" of Solier times from 60s to 00s, and look cool, but for me the "harmloss" (and I am sure when I would have english as native language I WOULD find a more proper word) and "peaceful" look and warm feel of cellidor is winner for me + T+T.

To this time I never changed cellidor scales.
I think that if it is funtional it should have the "marks of life" as a man has his gathers and scars and they belong to him.
F

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:00 PM
Thought I'd chime in here...While I adore every one of my Cadets and my Farmers, I'm kind of partial to the cellidor.  I love the durability and just "oh so sexy" feel, weight, and durability of the alox, in my mind and to a lot of other people, a SAK is defined as the "little red knife".  I love my cellidor knives and carry them a lot more than the alox, especially at work and when I'm at home with my family.  There's just a lot more functionality with the scissors, screwdrivers, phillips screwdrivers, corkscrew, etc than the alox offers.  I love the stay glow scales, but I'm not all that fond of the other nylon scales.  The shield has worn completely off the two that I have and I think they look and feel kind of...well...it's just not for me.  I like that I can change the scales if they get bent or warped or because I want a different color, but I've never replaced scales because they got scratched or scuffed...makes them look well used and loved in my opinion.  So rock on cellidor! 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%